Don't lose your composure over composition...

Oh come on Gordon. This has surely gone on long enough.

Reveal.

This persona of a moronic, sociopathic, disturbed but bright, buffoon of the highest order, has pretty much run its course.

Entertaining I'll grant you, but there comes a time...

can't be joe - we haven't had a toilet reference for several pages

Oh come on Gordon. This has surely gone on long enough.

Reveal.

This persona of a moronic, sociopathic, disturbed but bright, buffoon of the highest order, has pretty much run its course.

Entertaining I'll grant you, but there comes a time...

I hate to disappoint you, Simon. This is it, though, I'm afraid. I ought to find all this insulting, I suppose

depends if you are brash enough not to take offence

Relax. It's not like you have anything to lose here, I've seen your photographs.

And as the sad people of the world always do when attempting (and failing) to cover their own inadequacies, you resort to comments like that.

My pity for you only deepens.
It must be distressing for you in those rare moments of clarity when you recognise what a distasteful and thoroughly unlikeable person you are; and to know that's unlikely to change must leave you distressed.

Relax. It's not like you have anything to lose here, I've seen your photographs.

LOL... easy to say when no one's seen yours isn't it?

:)

Reactions: PMN
LOL... easy to say when no one's seen yours isn't it?

:)

Well I think we all know that's never going to happen.
So far what we've had is stolen images, plagiarised words, thinly veiled insults and carefully cultivated "opinions".

We have had other people in here making grandiose claims about their "work" being bought by magazines etc and we are all a little sceptical now.

By 'we' you mean you. I don't see anyone else saying that, in fact quite the opposite.

By Work being bought - I suggest you re-read exactly what I wrote: http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/focus-on-focus.535660/page-7#post-6185726
LOL - just been approached by a national weekly magazine to use one of my travel images. It's the least sharp of all of them...

It would help if you stopped twisting things to suit your views and perceptions. It would also help if you fully read and absorbed the details rather than immediately switch to full rant, especially from one so anal about the smallest imperfections.
I could explain more but to be honest it's pointless and tiring now.

I'm still waiting for the apology for your behaviour by the way.

Last edited:
By 'we' you mean you. I don't see anyone else saying that, in fact quite the opposite.

(y)

Many members here regularly get work featured in magazines , I don't know why Gordy finds it so difficult to believe - I suspect envy

And as the sad people of the world always do when attempting (and failing) to cover their own inadequacies, you resort to comments like that.

My pity for you only deepens.
It must be distressing for you in those rare moments of clarity when you recognise what a distasteful and thoroughly unlikeable person you are; and to know that's unlikely to change must leave you distressed.

You're trying too hard with words as you do with your photography. All fixable but you'd need to read and learn quite a lot.

With words and writing its best to keep things simple. Avoid big words where possible. George Orwell did a good essay on this about 70 years ago and it's as relevant today as it was then, arguably more so.

What you do with skies is insane, just stop it. You're never going to make a boring cloud formation impress anybody -- the sky is the one thing we all see every day. I'll refrain from saying any more for medical reasons.

You strike me as being quite aspirational and that's a good thing but only if you work at closing the gap between your capabilities and your expectations.

(y)

Many members here regularly get work featured in magazines , I don't know why Gordy finds it so difficult to believe - I suspect envy

I don't find that difficult to believe, there are some excellent photographers on here. I find this particular one difficult to believe though. And if it's true and I'm wrong then simply post the evidence, it would take about 5 seconds. Show us the picture, show us the magazine name, and show us their email or letter. 5 seconds work and you get to shatter me. Why not?

Anyway, later today, probably about 3 pm as I am busy, we'll be looking at a couple of examples of good and bad composition. If you don't mind me using your work as examples, get involved in the discussion from this point onwards. I'll assume anybody who comments below will no have a problem with me taking one or two of their pictures and using them here for illustrative purposes and the benefit of my readership.

Go for it haha!

Most entertaining thread ever... as I have no voice and am really sick at the moment I'm very glad for the distraction!!!!

Anyway, later today, probably about 3 pm as I am busy, we'll be looking at a couple of examples of good and bad composition. If you don't mind me using your work as examples, get involved in the discussion from this point onwards. I'll assume anybody who comments below will no have a problem with me taking one or two of their pictures and using them here for illustrative purposes and the benefit of my readership.

I dont have many pictures on here, but go for it (y)

It gets a little boring at work around the 3pm mark, so i could do with a laugh.

You're trying too hard with words as you do with your photography. All fixable but you'd need to read and learn quite a lot.

With words and writing its best to keep things simple. Avoid big words where possible. George Orwell did a good essay on this about 70 years ago and it's as relevant today as it was then, arguably more so.

What you do with skies is insane, just stop it. You're never going to make a boring cloud formation impress anybody -- the sky is the one thing we all see every day. I'll refrain from saying any more for medical reasons.

You strike me as being quite aspirational and that's a good thing but only if you work at closing the gap between your capabilities and your expectations.

Have you ever considered a career in comedy?
Some of the funniest comedians have also been some of the most tragic.
You'd fit right in.

Your opinions on my images are meaningless, because they're not backed by any kind of knowledge or ability of your own.

Now....run along. I'm sure it takes time each to day to find images to steal and words to copy.

IF you choose to give critique and feedback on photo's posted on this forum - kindly do so IN THE THREAD THEY WERE POSTED IN and NOT in this general discussion section. Also, please respect the "no critique" aspect of the "Photo's for Pleasure" forum.

Feel free to use my images, I could use the tuition.

It would be preferable to use your own work * for examples (it would take about 5 secs and shatter the argument that you don't have any, so why not ?)

*when i say your own work i mean pictures you have taken personally , not random stuff lifted off the net

(if you want to use my work feel free - in the thread in which it is posted - as your opinion is totally meaningless to me on account of your lack of credibility you can say anything you like without fear of offence - elephants are not offended by the actions of ameobas )

by the way the forum membership arent 'your readership' on account of this not being your site - if thats what you want go start a blog - admittedly no one will read it, but as you think anyone who disagrees with you is wrong anyway, this shouldn't matter

Last edited:
Picked up the first post thinking the thread might develop into an interesting discussion on composition but I can't really find anything. Every time I visit the forum recently it gets more like the Jeremy Kyle show than what used to be an informative place to drop in, real pity :(

Simon

(if you want to use my work feel free - in the thread in which it is posted - as you opinion is totally meaningless to me on account of your lack of credibility you can say anything you like without fear of offence - elephants are not offended by the actions of ameobas )

Even elephants get dysentery..

Picked up the first post thinking the thread might develop into an interesting discussion on composition but I can't really find anything. Every time I visit the forum recently it gets more like the Jeremy Kyle show than what used to be an informative place to drop in, real pity :(

Simon

I wouldn't worry simon , there are acres of useful threads here - just avoid any started by a troll and you'll be fine

IF you choose to give critique and feedback on photo's posted on this forum - kindly do so IN THE THREAD THEY WERE POSTED IN and NOT in this general discussion section. Also, please respect the "no critique" aspect of the "Photo's for Pleasure" forum.

Yes, as above, so remember to add a link in this thread to the threads you ar giving critique to. I wouldnt want to miss anything.

Anyway, later today, probably about 3 pm as I am busy, we'll be looking at a couple of examples of good and bad composition. .

well its now quarter to five and gordy has totally failed to deliver on this promise (pretty much like every previous promise) - no big suprise there

if anyone does want to learn about composition Byker has posted a link to a really useful video

So long as we can use some of yours?

well its now quarter to five and gordy has totally failed to deliver on this promise (pretty much like every previous promise) - no big suprise there
Has nobody bothered to check his status lately ? ;)

I think "the forum fun monkey" may have left the building...
Tis a shame really, now what are we to do in the staff room?
I guess its back to coffee and jaffa cakes for us (y)

On tapatalk I get 'user does not exist' could it be?

Back