Duckydoodle's 52 + wealth shot

wicked portrait....thats one for the wall :clap: :clap:

J

Bottles4606BWwebpb.jpg

Apologies for the late posting of my crowd shot. I had something else in mind but couldn't find an opportunity to execute it and didn't want to leave it any longer and get too far behind. Thought about the bottles collecting in my cupboard that I intend to recycle. I must add that this collection of bottles has taken quite a while to build up before you all suggest I go to AA :LOL:

Things I've learnt:

1. Have a plan in mind and find the time to execute it.
2. Be aware of your surroundings. Reflections of the room behind me were captured and this was not my plan but didn't think about it until I'd processed and decided to post.

I like the processing but am not convinced the compositon is right, i think you need more of the bottles at the front and some space at the top.

I like the way the bottle with the elephant stands out from the crowd and the processing has come out well. Like Toothie said, maybe moving back a little to get space at the top/more bottles might improve the shot?

I like the idea and the treatment. What a shame they're all empty :crying:

It's a good take on the theme, and I'm undecided about the tops being cropped off. It suggests a crowded shelf/confined space, imho, but I think the "Stone's" bottle cap is a bit too prominent/sharp, and it draws my eye.

Reflections from glass are a total 'mare and there's not a lot you could do without a light tent, reflectors and three weeks to spare. :D

Jean

I like the processing but am not convinced the compositon is right, i think you need more of the bottles at the front and some space at the top.

Thanks for the feedback Ruth. I questioned the composition too but am happy with the B&W conversion. Have a thing about B&W conversions at the moment. Not that happy with this weeks image. Must make a better effort with wealth and identity :)

I like the way the bottle with the elephant stands out from the crowd and the processing has come out well. Like Toothie said, maybe moving back a little to get space at the top/more bottles might improve the shot?

Thanks very much. I agree there should be more space at the top. Was going for an overcrowded feel by cutting them off but guess it didn't work :)

I like the idea and the treatment. What a shame they're all empty :crying:

It's a good take on the theme, and I'm undecided about the tops being cropped off. It suggests a crowded shelf/confined space, imho, but I think the "Stone's" bottle cap is a bit too prominent/sharp, and it draws my eye.

Reflections from glass are a total 'mare and there's not a lot you could do without a light tent, reflectors and three weeks to spare. :D

Jean

Thanks for your feedback Jean much appreciated as always :)

Its a crowded crowd - like the others I'm not 100% sure about the closeness. But then again it makes the elephant come to life - especially with the nice processing that makes everything look silver and black :)

Its a crowded crowd - like the others I'm not 100% sure about the closeness. But then again it makes the elephant come to life - especially with the nice processing that makes everything look silver and black :)

Thanks very much for your feedback :)

I don't get on with this one Maureen, nice tone and processing but the composition doesn't please my eye.... I was so looking forward to a belter too

Loving the week before, beautifully done, very sweet shot of your grand daughter.

:)(y)

Thanks for your feedback it's much appreciated. I'm disappointed with my crowd shot. Didn't give it enough time and effort trying to catch up. I will definitely make an effort with the wealth and identity shots :)

I'm in agreement with Graulges here - definately worth another go though as it is after all re-shoot week ;)

Missed this Maureen, apologies!

I think it almost works but, as a few above have said, the composition isn't quite there. I'd like to have had either a bit more space or a tighter crop with, perhaps the standout elephant bottle off to one side (or maybe not, perhaps central makes it look like the elephant is charging through the crowd :))

The concept is a good 'un though and I like the processing you've given it :)

Reshoot? :)

Missed this Maureen, apologies!

I think it almost works but, as a few above have said, the composition isn't quite there. I'd like to have had either a bit more space or a tighter crop with, perhaps the standout elephant bottle off to one side (or maybe not, perhaps central makes it look like the elephant is charging through the crowd :))

The concept is a good 'un though and I like the processing you've given it :)

Reshoot? :)

Thanks John. Yes definitely a reshoot :)

Hi Maureen nice to see you back...:clap:

I always look forward to your photos, and very rarely do you not come up with the goods...

Yes the bottles need a little change around with less of a crop at the top.

and the bottle top to the left really stands out for the wrong reason for me...it's so plain all the other got some lovely detail on them.

and keep it B&W because I know your reshoot will be brilliant as usual...(y)

Hi Maureen nice to see you back...:clap:

I always look forward to your photos, and very rarely do you not come up with the goods...

Yes the bottles need a little change around with less of a crop at the top.

and the bottle top to the left really stands out for the wrong reason for me...it's so plain all the other got some lovely detail on them.

and keep it B&W because I know your reshoot will be brilliant as usual...(y)

Thanks very much for your lovely comments. They're very much appreciated. I'm planning a reshoot today :)

You must still be very busy Maureen as I keep waiting for your next shot :D

I agree with all that's been said so far about the crowd shot, great conversion and nice and sharp but a bit crowded. Looking forward to your reshoot (y)

You must still be very busy Maureen as I keep waiting for your next shot :D

I agree with all that's been said so far about the crowd shot, great conversion and nice and sharp but a bit crowded. Looking forward to your reshoot (y)

Thanks Bruja. It was my intention to make it looked crowded but I guess it didn't quite have the desired effect :)

I have been busy but I'm really going to make an effort to try and catch up with my 52 project in the next 3 days :)

I've spent a while considering the theme wealth. I had a lot of ideas and managed to shoot some but wasn't entirely happy. I'm not a material girl and value the important things in life like my family and friends. The most important things in my life are my partner and my children. I decided to take some portraits of my youngest son and use him as my respresentation. My children are my wealth. Money and matierial things pale into insignificance next to my treasures.

My son Andre

Andre4761webpb.jpg

Maureen he's gorgeous :love: and from what you've said in my thread he's so lucky to have you as his mum.

What a fantastic portrait, definitely one for the wall :clap::clap:

Great composition, great lighting and superb depth of field. Not to mention the conversion. Fantastic all round :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Maureen he's gorgeous :love: and from what you've said in my thread he's so lucky to have you as his mum.

What a fantastic portrait, definitely one for the wall :clap::clap:

Great composition, great lighting and superb depth of field. Not to mention the conversion. Fantastic all round :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Wow thank you very much for that wonderful feedback Bruja !! I'm so pleased you like it :)

You certainly have a knack with portraits of your family Maureen, the expressions you capture are wonderful and so full of character! (y)

This is lovely and I cannot argue with your interpretation of wealth!

From the images I've seen of your family on here you're rolling in it :D!!

Only just found this! Had a quick scroll down & that shot "Opposites" stopped me in my tracks. Really well done. The portrait of your son is a belter too. Get it framed. Looking forward to the future shots from you now.

You certainly have a knack with portraits of your family Maureen, the expressions you capture are wonderful and so full of character! (y)

This is lovely and I cannot argue with your interpretation of wealth!

From the images I've seen of your family on here you're rolling in it :D!!

Thanks for such lovely comments John :)

Only just found this! Had a quick scroll down & that shot "Opposites" stopped me in my tracks. Really well done. The portrait of your son is a belter too. Get it framed. Looking forward to the future shots from you now.

Thanks very much Charlie :)

:clap::clap: That's a lovely shot Maureen, wonderful expression you've caught to.

Well who's back on form then...;)

That another fantasic shot from you Maureen...:clap:

You sure know how to do a great portrait...excellent...:clap:

Guess that makes you a very wealthy women...(y)

Well who's back on form then...;)

That another fantasic shot from you Maureen...:clap:

You sure know how to do a great portrait...excellent...:clap:

Guess that makes you a very wealthy women...(y)

Thanks very much for such lovely feedback :)

I have 4 wonderful children and a beautiful grandaughter who are absolutely priceless treasures :)

Gorgeous shot Maureen, beautiful soft tone to it. :clap:

Thank you very much :)

Your family portraits speak volumes about how precious your children and granddaughter are to you. They are so clearly taken with love (and a great deal of togging skill). This one is no exception -

simply

stunning

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Jean

Awwww how lovely thank you so much Jean. They really are my treasures :)

Back