Duckydoodle's 52 + wealth shot

Really like that DD (y)

Thanks very much Ruth. Glad you like it :)

That's really nice Maureen. I remember those vinyl things. :D

Thanks a lot Fabs :)

Excellent image Maureen. I do remember seeing (and it's impossible to forget) the gentleman in the background at the Liverpool Odeon. The finest live performance I have ever seen by a singer. Vinyl 45s and LPs - those were the days: very evocative.

Thanks very much Russell. I bet he was amazing in concert would have loved to have seen him :)

:clap: very good Maureen (y) wonderful image.

Thanks very much John :)

I love it :D, very evocative of a time gone by. My nana is 92 now and still loves Jim Reeves and it made me smile when I saw his name on the record. :D

Thanks very much Kitten. Really pleased to think it bought back nice memories :)

Oooooh I like this. Very evocative for me - always associate it with drummers playing with balls on sticks. :D:D

Great photo and definitely meets your 'arty' criteria. :clap:

Jean

Thanks very much Jean :)

Great take, Well done

Jon

Thats History - simple and effective! Arty? Maybe :) But it sure as hell works :) :clap:

Thanks Simon :)
Looking forward to this weeks challenge. Learned a lot about creating an ambience with just small touches to the subject like where you position it, how you light it and using monochrome tones. Really enjoying my 52. Thought having themes would be restricting but find it gives direction and helps you think outside the box. Loving the way there can be so many interpretations of a subject that all work perfectly :)

Now that looks good...I was thinking along the same lines but didn't have the right look that you achieved..well done.

Nice shot.

Does that the version of Distant Drums have 'Old Tige' on the b side? i used to love that track when I was a kid!

I think it works really well. Love the way you've put it together. Haven't seen a record in ages, I think ours are all in the attic.

Thank you :)

Nice shot.

Does that the version of Distant Drums have 'Old Tige' on the b side? i used to love that track when I was a kid!

Thanks Ed. Yes it's the same version :)

I had a hard time coming up with ideas I was happy with for this weeks challenge. It's been a tough week personally as I'm struggling to keep motivated in my job. I don't think I've been allowed to develop and grow in it as I would have liked which is ironic since it involves training and helping others develop. My employers have treated me really badly too and I've been left disappointed, frustrated and hurt. The one bright spot in my week has been my children. No matter how low I'm feeling they can lift me with a simple smile or action. My eldest son is studying for his A levels at the moment and I love watching him develop and grow. One of his subjects is English Literature and watching him reading and analysing gave me he idea for this image. He's also studying psychology and for a 16 year old is very insightful and mature and I love sitting and chatting with him about his views on life. Anyway this is one of the books he's studying complete with post it note containing some of his thoughts.

3222311177_d2c043518e_o.jpg

Great shot and narrative Maureen....the framing is really good with the eye adding a certain intensity to the shot and of course the personal notes by your son just round the 'learning' off perfectly!

Very good indeed and again great to see yet another interpretation of this weeks theme!

:clap:

Great shot and narrative Maureen....the framing is really good with the eye adding a certain intensity to the shot and of course the personal notes by your son just round the 'learning' off perfectly!

Very good indeed and again great to see yet another interpretation of this weeks theme!

:clap:

Thanks very much John :)

Very well done indeed Maureen, fits the theme perfectly (y)

Another impressed viewer. I love that, great composition and feel to it. Right on the button:clap:

I like the image - well thought out and executed. The narrative adds an extra dimension. I'm sorry work is so disappointing for you - my personal crusade is that people work best when they are valued and allowed to develop and expand their skills/expertise, and I can't understand employers who don't see that. imo, either they have very limited vision, or they are unsure of their own abilities.

Look forward to seeing yur Surprise next week. :)

Jean

That shot has impact - very well done and good use of monochrome
Sorry to hear you are having a bad time of it at work, hope it improves some time soon.

I love the composition of your shot - the eye really adds something and the notes from your son fit the theme perfectly... the story of the book as actually quite fitting as well (y)

I did English lit and Psychology A-Level too btw, they are great subjects for analysing human behaviour & emotion, but in completely different ways. I think they can't help but encourage you to be more insightful.

I'm sorry work has been a bit rubbish for you - have you spoken to your boss about the lack of development etc?

Brilliant, as DarkStar said the framing to capture the single eye is really good, and for me the B&W conversion is spot on, just the right level of contrast (I think we see far too many grey & grey conversions). However, the thing that really stands out in this image is that it is a real image and not one that has been staged. The curved edge to the post-it caused by the spine of the book really adds to the image.

If you work isn't fulfilling you at the moment your photography should be as you are producing some stunning work (y) keep it up next week with SURPRISE

Last edited:
How do you do it Maureen another great interpretation for this week...:clap:

and as quoted by Simon...
If you work isn't fulfilling you at the moment your photography should be as you are producing some stunning work (y) keep it up next week with SURPRISE

Good luck with surprise...(y)

Thank you all for the very positive feedback on this weeks image. It's a real confidence booster and gives me impetus to keep going. Have a few ideas for next week. These themes really push you creatively :)

I'm feeling quite negative about work. I've spoken to my manager several times about the lack of development. It's a really strange situation because I work for an organisation renowned for their training packages but unable to offer me any development. That's not the only thing that's getting me down though. A colleague and myself have been treated really shabbily and let down by a manager who it seems is determined to watch his own back at our expense. I feel really down about the whole thing and want to move on but feel trapped. Think I've moaned enough :(

Good luck everyone with next weeks surprise theme ;)

First of all, apologies, I missed your history shot :(

I love the composition and it is really evocative of a past era in music, and for me the 'arty' aspect makes it a great capture :clap::clap:

And your Learning shot, another fantastic composition and sounds like you have a fantastic son, you must be really proud of him (y)

So far a great start to the 52. It's inspirational to see such consistency :clap::clap:

First of all, apologies, I missed your history shot :(

I love the composition and it is really evocative of a past era in music, and for me the 'arty' aspect makes it a great capture :clap::clap:

And your Learning shot, another fantastic composition and sounds like you have a fantastic son, you must be really proud of him (y)

So far a great start to the 52. It's inspirational to see such consistency :clap::clap:

Awww thank you very much Bruja :love:
My son is fantastic as are my other 3 children. The best thing that ever happened to me was having them :)
I'm really enjoying doing my 52 and seeing the other 52's each week and the many wonderful interpretations of the same theme :)

Last edited:
I've just become addicted to your thread. :puke: :D... Good good stuff, and so very intersting too. :clap:

My boys 15 now and like yours he's assembling the building block to his life admirably ... isn’t it one of the most fantastic things to be part of ... I'm so happy for him... Onwards and upwards and all the power to them hey... life isn’t as easy as it was for us I think.
. (y)

I've just become addicted to your thread. :puke: :D... Good good stuff, and so very intersting too. :clap:

My boys 15 now and like yours he's assembling the building block to his life admirably ... isn’t it one of the most fantastic things to be part of ... I'm so happy for him... Onwards and upwards and all the power to them hey... life isn’t as easy as it was for us I think.
. (y)

Thanks very much. So glad you're liking my stuff :)

It is the most fantastic thing to be part of. When you know you've done a good job and they seem to going in the right direction it's really heart warming. So many kids going in the wrong direction it makes you very grateful yours chose the right path :)

Love the rose shot and the record shot, they are great. I'm not too keen on the learning shot though, but that's just my personal opinion. It's a good photo though, sharp (y)

Made myself go for a walk along the canal today. Pretty bleak out. The sun was shining earlier but it started to cloud over as I left out. Nothing much to see along the route I walked so didn't think I'd find anything to photograph. Was surprised to see the neck of a beer bottle sticking out of the iced over canal and surprised that despite my cold hands I managed to capture this shot. Nothing fancy and a bit on the late side but here's this weeks surprise offering.

Bottleincanal3588webpb.jpg

Ha thats excellent Maureen :) Well spotted! Better late than never!

The isolated composition really works :)

Nice one!!!

Cold beer anyone? :)

Very good spot, and surprising to see it floating (y)

Yet another great shot Maureen :clap:, great composition and I love the pattern the ice makes in the top right corner. (y)

Back