E-Cigarettes

I've now got an eGo-T kit from my local vape shop.. can buy it online though. Just unscrew the top, pour in liquid, top back on. Easy peasy and much better than skycig :) 3 months for me now. Currently alternating between strawberry cola, sherbet and cherry flavours. My brother got after eight and it was epic. I tried apple pie & custard too but it was not nice.

One of the highest power batteries, 2 tanks, 30ml of liquid, charger and carry case plus trying out all their flavours in shop and great face to face support for £40... not bad! Although there is an epic tank and battery combo the guy was using that I wouldn't say no to... and all the nice designs on batteries... the different colours :eek:

Cagey75 said:
A few questions on the set up: You get 5 cartridges with some sets, you fill these with the liquid you buy seperately right? How often do you need to discard each cartridge? Can you only use each one once? What if you change flavours? you clean them?

Also, do cartridges from one company work on others? I know with the smokegreen e-cig none of the other look-a-like cartridges will fit.

Can you buy liquids from anywhere for use with any of these vape sets?

Cheers.

From what I've learnt so far (please jump in and correct if wrong):

Cartridges can be filled many times, but the atomiser within will get a build up of deposits over time, which will taint the flavour and reduce efficiency. Ive been told they last "between a day and a month, depending on usage", so it's anyone's guess. I burnt some liquid on one of mine and couldn't get rid of the taste, so I'm already on atomiser 2 of my kit.

There are several fitting and thread sizes between batteries and carts, so mixing and matching takes some research. The most common threads seem to be used by several manufacturers, though, so in practice there are 2 or 3 main types. There are also adapters available.

The liquids are more or less universal, although I have seen mention of some very esoteric hand-made rigs that don't work well with some liquids. These are guys that wind their own heating elements, though. I don't think you need to worry about liquid compatibility if you're using pre-fab'd cartomisers.

Last edited:
True what you said about the cartridges/tanks. I go through 2 a month. They don't burn out then, I just replace them every month to avoid it because I've tasted the burn and it's nasty! They're only a fiver though.

Cheers for all the info. Going to order now: before I keep searching other types and styles and makes and models, sheeeeesh, never knew there was so much out there! :)

Got the Ego-C in the end, with some menthol ejuice to start, they don't do any others bar tobacco/Marlboro style on the site I bought from so I'll have a look about. Any good sites for juice and extras Ireland/UK?

That vapuor Ireland site is mega-slow to load pages!

[edit] Found this site here which is a lot simpler and smoother to use. Just added some flavours to the mix :D This is fun

http://www.bestecig.ie/index.html

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome :)

Bought the elites starter kit before forking out in a "real" kit but now know I need to.

My last cigarette was 5pm yesterday, due to work I tend to smoke more in the evenings and always as soon as I wake up so although early days to go from 30 a day to bugger all is surprising for me :) :) :)

My smokegreen cartridges are late, and I'm down to my last!! :thumbsdown:

Hope the Ego pack gets here soon.

Just found a very cheap supplier in China. No idea how reliable they are, but I've placed a small order to find out.

www.vaporbreak.com

If you register with the site, you get a further price reduction. At least, that's what happened for the items I was looking at.

Fingers crossed for delivery.

My smoke green cartridges arrived today after all ... phew! I would have hit the Service station for one of those disposable jobbies otherwise.

I have plenty enough now to last until my Ego C pack arrives. As it's from an Irish site that should be very soon.

Let us know how your order goes with that China-site. I'll try anywhere at least once for variety.

Something I seen on the tube today: people popping open the butt end of the plain smokegreen type cartridges, and refilling them with other juices, anyone ever tried this? Would be a handy way to have a smaller, more pocketable e-cig on the go, more discreet for travelling or whatever - without having to continue buying the pre-filled cartridges

I never got on with the disposable types, always feeling they were a pale imitation of smoking. Then back in June at my annual pilgrimage to the Assen Gp, all our Danish friends had quit smoking and were using Tornados and eGoCs. I bought the Joyetech eGoC when I got back home and haven't even considered a cigarette since. Not terribly cheap to buy, but very cheap to run afterwards. I've had excellent service from TECC, they're happy to provide advice over the phone. I'm vaping a menthol/cherry mix of Titan fluid at the moment and loving it. Britvapes have some nice flavours too, at very reasonable prices. I get 2 days heavy vaping from a battery charge (the kit comes with two), I'm still on the first lot of atomisers that come with the kit too. The throat hit is perfect... exactly the same sensation, but without the stink, expense and heavy lungs.

Just found a very cheap supplier in China. No idea how reliable they are, but I've placed a small order to find out.

www.vaporbreak.com

If you register with the site, you get a further price reduction. At least, that's what happened for the items I was looking at.

Fingers crossed for delivery.

this is where my OH bought his current set up from, its the same place that alot of the uk companies buy in bulk from, as long as youre willing to wait for delivery (it being from china) they are ace! took about 2 weeks for OH's stuff to be delivered, quality of what he bought was as good as the stuff here

My ego C arrived this morning :) Puffing away happily. I forgot I had also ordered an extra larger, LCD battery and clear atomizer too. So I have plenty to keep me going. Only got some menthol, strong mint and tobacco flavour juices for the moment, but have some more exotic on the way ;)

eBzxN0B.jpg

My ego C arrived this morning :) Puffing away happily. I forgot I had also ordered an extra larger, LCD battery and clear atomizer too. So I have plenty to keep me going. Only got some menthol, strong mint and tobacco flavour juices for the moment, but have some more exotic on the way ;)

Looking good. I'd be interested to know which of the two you prefer (once you've had a chance to get used to them).

So far I would have to say there is definitely more of a whack/throat hit on the bigger set, with the same e-juice. Not sure if it's the more powerful battery, or the larger atomizer or a mix of both, it produces thicker vapour too. Perfect for home use. The 650 with the cartridge has a nice puff on it too, but it's more subtle, the flavour doesn't kick in as hard.

The LCD is handy to check battery, and displays how many puffs you've had.

Last edited:
It'll be the battery Cagey. I notice the strength weakening and getting less of a "hit" and less vapour as the battery starts to drain.

I use my large eGo-T kit out of the house haha. It's so common here though, no one looks twice!

I'll use the 650 in the pub :D I've been using girly e-cig'sfor months now so won't feel that strange about it. AFAIK there's a big vape craze on over here too, I've heard of groups of them in pubs with all sorts of gadgets, not seen them myself. Anyone I've been talking to I've had to explain the e-cig thing to, but they are catching on.

My husband says there's a group of them who get together at lunch time in the canteen at his work with their kit :LOL:

I can see me vaping for a long time. Even if I eventually reduce the nicotine to 0, I really enjoy it.

"but these devices, which are much safer, could be banned" - but do we definitively know they're "safer"- could it not be "better the devil we know?" - Cigarettes have been around for a long time, these devices that vapourise glycerine in some form or another may be just as lethal, or perhaps even more so - without proper exhaustive testing, we don't actually know that. Personally I'd only take the risk over a very short-term as a way of "getting off" ciggies - some people seem to be using them a substitute addiction.......
(I'm an ex-smoker)

I'll worry about it when it's proven to be harmful. I, personally, don't live for "what ifs".

"but these devices, which are much safer, could be banned" - but do we definitively know they're "safer"- could it not be "better the devil we know?" - Cigarettes have been around for a long time, these devices that vapourise glycerine in some form or another may be just as lethal, or perhaps even more so - without proper exhaustive testing, we don't actually know that. Personally I'd only take the risk over a very short-term as a way of "getting off" ciggies - some people seem to be using them a substitute addiction.......
(I'm an ex-smoker)

Pretty much all the ingredients are commonly found in a load of food products and the vapour delivery method has been around in medical use for years (at least since the 40's).

Recent studies of liquids suggest there are trace carcinogens, but these are also found in patches/gum etc and are, in any event, < 1% of what cigarettes produce.

There is a reasonable case for some legislative control, IMO, but most medical authorities recognise that its far far safer than smoking. One recent study I read concluded that the Nicotine was no more harmful (at typical doses) than drinking a strong coffee.

(I'm an ex-smoker)

Caffeine in high doses can be lethal ... but you're not going to down a bucket load of it straight at once!

I'll take ANYTHING over going back to the cig's - I highly doubt there's much danger in vaping. It wasn't the natural elements like tobacco that were harmful in cigarettes, but all the chemical muck that was thrown on top. AFAIK what's in e-liquid is almost all, if not all natural product.

Glycerine is harmless! why pick that one out? Unless of course you mix it with something already dangerous -

"Mix glycerin with nitric acid, of course, and you get nitroglycerine, which can be used to treat chest pain or blow up mountains. Your choice."

http://nutritiondiva.quickanddirtytips.com/is-glycerin-a-healthier-sweetener.aspx

it's about as dangerous as sugar, everything in moderation and all that. Ever looked at the cart on a Vape set up? I'd have more amount sugar in one cup of tea than I'd have in 10 carts!

And if glycerine scares you, then there's an alternative: Propylene Glycol (PG) - and you can have 100% that in place of VG: glycerine, in your vape. If PG scares you, don't ever go to a nite club!

Ex-smokers can be worse than non-smokers. I find myself even saying "they smell disgusting, why do people smoke!?" - and do feel like a right hypocrite right after.

Last edited:
Anyway, scare-mongering aside, I just ordered a V1P starter kit for my missus, she wants something more normal cig sized, as she's so used to the horrid smokegreens. And if she doesn't like it, well, I'll have it as my 'stealth kit' :)

PG- propylene glycol, found in almost all beauty products such as moisturisers/make up. It is used to open up the "pores" making the absorption of the product easier. It is a man made substance.

VG- vegetable glycerine, used for the same reason as PG but is a natural product and in the instance of e-liquids for these e-cigarettes gives a smoother "hit", found in numerous food products.

Nicotine- Im sure you know what this is, the amounts used in e-liquid are no more dangerous than the amounts used in nicotine patches and the like. Incidentally, there was a study (if i can find the link i will add it later) that found the vapour breathed out contained no more nicotine than you would find in a tomato (remember the "tomacco" simpsons episode- yes there really is nicotine in tomatoes)

Water- I hope I dont need to explain this one.

Flavouring- Obviously this depends on what flavour but most fruit/mint type flavours are the same as used in food products, sweets and the like.

You can make your own e-liquid quite easily (youtube have plenty of tutorials) as all of the above can be bought by anyone. Nicotine can be bought by the gallon from pharmaceutical companies and some pharmacies.

Last edited:
Well I've ordered a whole mountain of juices over the past 2 days :D I'm like a kid in a candy shop.

After vaping some tacky menthol I got to go with the starter pack, I had forgotten I had a second menthol - a seperate pack arrived today too with extra juices and an extra charger. Well, the difference was amazing. The first menthol was a bit mouth washy! and I've been straining with that most of the day, I ended up mixing it with a bit of a crap tobacco one I also got, which made it a little more smooth.

But the 2nd menthol is so much nicer. Makes me wonder the difference in menthol between all the producers out there!

I think we should do some suggesting of our fav's - what's hot and what's not type thing. I can say the menthol from yourvapourireland is not as nice as the one I got from bestecig.ie for example.

I bought a SmartSmoker one a couple of years ago and didn't really get on with it. It was way too big and heavy and didn't taste or "feel" right. I smoke roll-ups so looking for a small, light set up with a good amount of vapour. Anybody got any suggestions? It's difficult to get an idea of size and weight from the various websites. I'm not fussed if it looks like a ciggy either. What do you guys think?

Have a look at the JAC Vapour site, they have some starter kits with cig-sized units. The carts are refillable, and you can choose a few colours - black/silver/white and there's a few different coloured tips too. I've ordered a set with a spare battery for the missus. When it arrives I'll have a better look at it.

I used a generic non refillable kit from smokers angel. overnight I went from being a twenty a day man, ( for about eighteen years), to e cigs only. Once I had the urge to smoke beaten I just stopped using the electronic thing as well.

I've been nicotine free for a year now. The whole process from real smokes to nothing took about three months and was pretty easy.

After playing with fake cig tescos style cig I purchased a vapouriz tank with 24mg tobacco and loving it, day 3 and no cig cravings at all :) :)

Bloody good piece of kit and good price as well, had two light cig smokers from the office try it, both were shocked at how good it is :)

Make sure to get spare batteries. I got 2 in the ego kit [Any ego bats will fit your vapouriz too, which is cool] and also bought a larger LCD battery, which is more powerful and gives a better hit. I don't think I'd take the big one out and about, it looks a bit mad, but I'd be fine with the normal ego and 650 mah battery. Got some red carts for it that compliment the stainless steel nicely. Looks pretty cool.

I vape a LOT during the day and the largest ego battery lasts me all day then I leave it on charge overnight. Bought a 2nd one today though for when I can't charge overnight or for nights out etc when I'm up all night.

I've now got a black battery with clear atomiser (that has a black tip) and a blue battery with blue atomiser. I want the design batteries! They only do them in small and medium from what I've seen though.

another point i thought i'd add. If you have a juice which tastes bad it may not be the flavour, they need to be left to steep after being made and some havent had long enough from manufacture to customer. try leaving it in a cool dark place with the lid off for 5 days or so and the taste may improve

I have 3 that I feel need steeping, or at least worth a try. The watermelon one I got today had a burning taste right off, and got worse. I know it wasn't the atomizer as I changed carts to another flavour and it was fine. And the menthol I was puffing on yesterday was a bit overpowering, not in a nice way, think that one might smoothen a little from a steep, maybe?

Right now I have the clear atomizer filled with a juice from Liqua, called Berry mix, and it's real nice. Like having a mouthful of wine gums with a kick :)

Last edited:
worth giving it a try rather than just chucking them, if it doesnt work then its just a bad tasting juice, if it does work then you dont lose out on any money spent :)

I've tried that menthol again and ... well ... wow! It's so much nicer. That overwhelming 'clinical' menthol taste has lessened quite a bit, it's now actually very nice. It's still nice and minty, which I do like now and then, but it's now more like a nice mint sweet than mouthwash :D

Got some tobacco flavours this morning. Cigarrillo natural and Cigar de Paris, both are very nice indeed. The Cigarrillo being the more 'smokey' one, as close to a real cig as you're likely to get. The Cigar de Paris is more like a sweet cigar, with an almond after taste. Good stuff. Bought from House of liquid.

glad leaving it to steep worked for you, one thing i hate to think of how much of the juice is wasted when people think its the flavour to blame, not many places tell you to try steeping it first, it seems to be forgotten about

It's definitely working for some of the juices. I have my bottle of Cigarrillos open up now and plan to leave it be for a few days.

Does anyone else find that extended vaping over the day, leads to less of a 'hit'? Even 24mg, that feels great to me in the morning, seems light weight by night time. I don't want to go higher than that, but I find I'm sucking harder later into the day, like I've gotten immune to it. Even if I switch to another juice.

Have a look at the JAC Vapour site, they have some starter kits with cig-sized units. The carts are refillable, and you can choose a few colours - black/silver/white and there's a few different coloured tips too. I've ordered a set with a spare battery for the missus. When it arrives I'll have a better look at it.

Sorry, forgot I posted on this! Thanks for the reply I'll have a look at the site later (y)
Any other brands recommended? I had a quick look at the Vapouriz Tank and the specs say its something like 34g? That's a heavy bit of kit. It looks great but I'd like something smaller.

could be the battery draining? OH says his seems weaker when the battery is nearly flat

Back