E-Cigarettes

You'll get less of a hit as the battery loses power. It's most powerful when it's just been charged.

I've definitely noticed less of a throat hit as the day goes on. It's been suggested on UKV that its down to the PG/VG coating the throat. Drinking doesn't seem to clear it, but eating does IME. My favourite (eVape Blueberry Beauty, 18mg) is a bit harsh in the morning, so the reduced hit later suits me.

I'm also detecting very noticeable differences in nicotine between different bottles/flavours from the same supplier.

Me too John, re the nicotine. I've got sherbet and juicy fruit here from the same supplier and it's quite noticeable. I only go through 2 1.6ml tanks of juicy fruit a day but easily double or more of the sherbet because I feel inclined to use it more often. Just as well it tastes great :D

I definitely feel the difference in hit when my battery is nearing needing charged and a newly charged one though.

Seriously thinking if trying to give up!... A major read of all this thread is needed I think, to get an idea of what to try... I'm easily confused lol

There are so many options out there, too many perhaps! It's easy get confused, when I decided to step up from bog-standard e-cigs to something stronger, I was overwhelmed. You just have to pick something that you think will suit, and go with it. Worry about extras later :) Find a starter kit that suits your budget, make sure to get a spare battery and charger, with some extra atomizers/carts/tanks - and a couple of juices to get going.

I started with the ego C kit, but I've already bought extra batteries, clearomizers, tonnes of juices, tips, tanks... and every day I look at sites like UKvapers and see something else I'd like to try, have to restrain myself :D

2 more LCD batteries, 5 clearomizers, 2 extra atomizer bodies for the ego and some more juice arrived here this morning. It's fun to have post though :) so long as you only spend what you can afford, it'll be cheaper to start up than you'd spend on 2 weeks smoking. And it should be much, much cheaper once you get going, as you'll only need small bits and bobs.

Thanks for that! Yes there is sooooo much to choose from and I don't want to buy something only to find I got the wrong thing!... I know what works for some may not for others!
I don't want to overspend on the initial outlay but obviously I want what is best...
I'm 40 and have been smoking since I was 15 and smoke alot..20 a day! I need something that will last me the day without getting stuck...
It's got to be simple too lol!
I can't get on the laptop right now as I'm not well but looking briefly at vapeland home page..... OMG the choices!

The UK Vapers forum, mentioned earlier in this thread, is a great source of information on what you need and how it all fits together. They're a friendly bunch as well, so don't worry about asking noob questions. :)

It does seem a bit daunting at first (hence this thread) but actually its not as complicated as it first looks. Not compared to photography anyway.

Yeah, UKVapers seems a good site, not run into any nastiness on there yet ... unlike other places ... ahem ... :D

Seen a few scuffles and silly posts but in general the guys there are very helpful. Be aware that heavy vapers suffer G.A.S just like photographers or any other hobby involving gadgets. There is a bit of the must-have-that, rather than need that goes on. Which is grand, for those who have the spare funds. And after you give up, join a site like quit.ie, which will keep track of how long you're off the cigs, and also how much you've saved. That makes it seem better when spending smaller amounts on more gear :D

I'm off them 70 days precisely today, and I've saved €840! I've spent maybe half of that on e-cigs and kits, because I didn't know what i wanted. So take your time, get any cheap starter kit at first, it will help! And then take your time and review the options.

If I had found UKvapers t begin with I'd have spent a lot less. I was on smokegreen e-cigs, the type you can't refill, so I was ordering packets of carts every week on top of new batteries as they kept burning out and I'm sure I had to buy at least 4 chargers too. The bigger e-cigs don't burn out like that, and the juices are a lot cheaper in the long run than having to keep buying boxes of pre-filled cartridges.

If I were you I'd have a good look at the ego starter kits. They're great, as the batteries are compatible with a whole range of atomizers. You can buy clearomizers which I think are much better than the ones with the kit, for a couple of euro each.

It's the ego kits I've been looking at and money wise look quite reasonable, well considering how much we spend on cigs! Joining quit or something is an ace idea mainly just too see it written how much we save!.. Cool idea!
I'm assuming it would be better in the long run to buy one of the bigger starter kits to save then buying other stuff within a few days?

I do like gadgets but I do need to be careful at least until I really know what I'm doing :-D

I've got an app on my phone.. been quit for 13 weeks and have saved £597.08. Had been putting that money aside and it's just bought me a 5D with money left over :)

I use the ego-t kit with the cartomizers like this
d4eedfc8d2ec4c1e.jpg

Ok think that's where I'm confused.... What's the difference with the different antomizers cartomizers? Is just being able to use any juices?

I call those clearomizers. I've got a couple of that kind too. Grand but can't be taken apart. PITA to flush out.

Basically transparent tanks with the atomizer/wicks already built in. they're easy fill, but can be harder to clean out. Some of them come apart, other's don't. You can flush them out with hot water or vodka [yup!] and then leave them to dry. The ones you can take apart will be easier clean out and dry, you can use a hair dryer on the wicks.

With the Ego C you get a pack of atomizers separate, and you stick them into the atomizer body yourself. What this means is, if the atomizer burns out, you only need replace that, not the whole attachment. Each atomizer should last a few weeks, but I've been through 3 already because of a dud battery that keeps burning them out! That is heading back for replacement. You do get a blister pack of 5 in a starter pack. If you don't fancy having to replace the atomizers, you're better off with the likes of a clearomizer.

The most recent ones I got are called Kanger T2, http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/185-kanger-t2-clearomizer.html they were €5.50 each. The centre post can be taken out, and you can replace the head/wick - for are about €2 each, so in the long run you'd save that way, replacing the heads instead of the whole unit.

Just don't do the n00b thing I did with my first clearomizer: unscrew the mouthpiece and just fire liquid in there! It goes into the centre whole and clogs it up with juice. You only drip the juice down the inside avoiding that centre post hole :)

Last edited:
Just the replacing of the cartridges etc. I wanted super simple and the clearomizers gave me that. I also like that you can see easily and constantly the amount of liquid left. I haven't tried cleaning one yet though! But you just flush it out with water and leave it to dry... not bad when I have 4 so won't have to wait for one to dry :)

I too prefer the clearomizers. When ordering the kit, I threw in a couple of those to try too. See which I'd prefer, or use both.

I also got a couple of extra packs of tanks for the ego atomizer bodies. I do like that they're easy fill, take on and off and clean out. You could have 3 or 4 filled with different flavours and just swap them in and out. Very handy. With the clearomizer you need to think a bit more on what you want to puff for the day. As they're a pain to clean. What I tend to do now is have one batt with the kit atomizer and tanks going, and another with a clearomizer on, I prefer to use that with my bigger LCD batt, more power. I just got 650mah batts with the kit, but got a 1000 mah LCD. 2 extra LCD 650's arrived today too. So I could have a clearo on each :)

Last edited:
I've got the largest batteries and tend to have all 4 clearos filled with a different flavour at any one time.. got the carry case so it's easy to carry them all and pick and choose :LOL:

Found a place today in Bedford called Vaperz where you can try the kits out and all the flavours, came out with one of these...
http://www.vaperz.co.uk/shop/the-bud-tm-the-king/
After using the ecigs for quite a while the throat hit on this is on another level, it's not pretty but it does a brilliant job

One downside....I got a sodding parking ticket!

Ooh yeah it's super simple I want and I quite like the idea of not being stuck with one flavour all day... Well until I find ones I like!

Martyn where in Bedford? I'm going to search Northants but I would prefer to go see and try :-D

Lime street Trace. Pretty much in the town centre, it's great for trying all the flavours, only downside is the lady in there does ramble on a bit with the sales patter :LOL:

Lime street Trace. Pretty much in the town centre, it's great for trying all the flavours, only downside is the lady in there does ramble on a bit with the sales patter :LOL:

Oh god!! Lol! Ok well if I can't find one closer then once I'm more mobile a trip to Bedford might be on the cards!... I'm eager now!

My order from vapor break arrived today. It took about 10 days in total, which seemed like a month, but it was worth it for the 50% saving. I'll certainly use them again for anything that's not urgent.

I started using the silly 10 Motives ones from the Tesco back in January. I did not like them and carried on smoking. My brother then came round and let me try his sonic screwdriver type thing and it was lovely. Went in today to the shop in town that does all the stuff and walked out with an eGo Vision starter kit, some juice and an extra top thingy (don't know the lingo yet) that is supposed to be better as you fill it from the bottom and not the top. All for £25.

The juice I got was American Red (ecigwizard) 18mg. A 15ml bottle. The taste is not great, it tastes a lot like the crappy ones I was getting from Tesco, but I will go back in the morning before work and get some menthol minty stuff to put in the top thingy that came in the kit.

These kits are a lot better than the various disposables and their ilk in my opinion. Well worth it though.

I'm on my 3rd type of carto/clearo/atomiser now. 4th, if i include the "cig-alike" disposables. Haven't found the perfect (for me at least) design yet.

The Innokin iTaste has the best flavour and throat hit, but its tank is way too small (1.2ml).

The Vision Vivi Nova produces the most vapour and has the biggest tank. Unfortunately the flavour is almost non-existent.

The Kanger EVOD has good flavour and vapour amount, but at 1.6ml the capacity is still too small. The issue is compounded by the fact that it leaks like a b***ard whenever I refill it.

If I ever find a perfect solution, I'll sing it from the rooftops. In the meantime, my conclusion is that there's a lot of different options with e-cigs and its worth experimenting a bit to find out what's best for you.

Has anyone tried the Absinthe flavour yet? :) I'm an aniseed ball hound and that flavour looks very appealing to me!

The Vision Vivi Nova produces the most vapour and has the biggest tank. Unfortunately the flavour is almost non-existent.
I've got one of these tanks on my ego-t battery and agree you get a lot of vapour but I also get a lot of taste. Could it be the liquids you're using?

Glad to see others in hear are still going strong :)

Today is day 37 for me and with the vapouriz tank not tried or wanted a smoke yet :) still on the 24mg tobacco juice but one step at a time...

Not tried any flavours as the lime I tried was indeed lime flavoured but wanted the tabacco taste. Guess each to their own as I never thought I'ld go this long without a smoke :)

I've got one of these tanks on my ego-t battery and agree you get a lot of vapour but I also get a lot of taste. Could it be the liquids you're using?

Could be. I've been through a few suppliers, but tend to prefer fruit flavours generally. I found I got a very dry/sore mouth from high PG juices, so I'm using mostly 100% VG. Both the Nova and the Evod give a pretty good flavour for the first draw but tail off afterwards.

I suspect the wicking is critical. The iTaste and Evod are both bottom coil, so they're not so dependant on getting the wick fully soaked. Or rather, the wick/wadding is always fully soaked. With the Nova I have to roll it around, when the juice gets low.

I got a vapouriser from e-liquids and some caramel oil,combined with nicorette gum ive not had a fag for 8 days now

Could be. I've been through a few suppliers, but tend to prefer fruit flavours generally. I found I got a very dry/sore mouth from high PG juices, so I'm using mostly 100% VG. Both the Nova and the Evod give a pretty good flavour for the first draw but tail off afterwards.

I suspect the wicking is critical. The iTaste and Evod are both bottom coil, so they're not so dependant on getting the wick fully soaked. Or rather, the wick/wadding is always fully soaked. With the Nova I have to roll it around, when the juice gets low.

I'd be quite interested in trying the iTaste and Evod to see what they're like.

My favourites are strawberry and sherbert. Currently got those 2, watermelon (not great), strawberry cola and candyfloss bottles.

It's been 17 weeks for me! About 8/9 months for my mum.

Got a new drip tip the other day.. it's pretty cool but too wide for my mouth! http://i00.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/272/301/511/511301272_426.jpg

theres a site that lets you make up your own liquid to your own spec, VG/PG or mixture of both, strength, flavour and how much flavour. will ask the other half what its called and post back again

I've not read through the whole thread so apologies if this has been mentioned, but how do you all store your E-Cigarettes ?
My sister is giving up, so has some but wants some sort of case to carry her daily needs around with her - any suggestions for a cheap case ?

Yep, I have one of those :) Came free with my kit from the shop I buy from. I hold 6 bottles of liquid in one side and 2 batteries with tanks on in the other.

theres a site that lets you make up your own liquid to your own spec, VG/PG or mixture of both, strength, flavour and how much flavour. will ask the other half what its called and post back again
A guy at the wifes work buys it in bulk and sells it at a reasonable price Iam currently using caramel :)

Back