E-Cigarettes

Had to quote this Rich! Only a month ago you were gently mocking and now you're a fully paid up recoiling nerd :)

:LOL:

:LOL::LOL: I like people who are on the ball Phil (y) Not only that I got a Mod from UKV sending me a few sample bottles of Juice ;) I dont hang about you know :D

Last edited:
Okay another few questions. :)

Im still just using a standard style ego battery and have a few clearomisers.
ce4,ce5, and an evod. The ce4 seems to work the best, the ce5, seems to be hardest to get a draw and the evod seem's as best as I can put it very airy. I thought it was the juice I was using but trying others, it just seems to be the evod. It gives off a lot of smoke but no throat hit and flavour is gone.

Sadly the ce4 has been used for a few weeks now and seems to have got a burningish taste, so I presume it needs chucked as its no replacement parts.

So I keep seeing things to do with the atomisers being different ohm's, could this be the issue with my ego batt and evod?

The other one I keep hearing good things about is the i-clear 16, would this work any better?

Any other suggestions ?
I would buy another ce4, but at the cost and having to dispose of them,it doesnt seem cost affective.

Okay another few questions. :)

Im still just using a standard style ego battery and have a few clearomisers.
ce4,ce5, and an evod. The ce4 seems to work the best, the ce5, seems to be hardest to get a draw and the evod seem's as best as I can put it very airy. I thought it was the juice I was using but trying others, it just seems to be the evod. It gives off a lot of smoke but no throat hit and flavour is gone.

Sadly the ce4 has been used for a few weeks now and seems to have got a burningish taste, so I presume it needs chucked as its no replacement parts.

So I keep seeing things to do with the atomisers being different ohm's, could this be the issue with my ego batt and evod?

The other one I keep hearing good things about is the i-clear 16, would this work any better?

Any other suggestions ?
I would buy another ce4, but at the cost and having to dispose of them,it doesnt seem cost affective.

See my post #558 Peter, if I had put them on my Evod then I dont think I could have got anything out of them running that high. When I tried them on the Vamo I had to raise the watts right up to get any vape from them, even then it was tasting kind of burnt. Now that I have got used to them the clearomisers that came with my Evods are good little things really. The CE4` can be rebuilt, not the best video but it gives you an idea.

[YOUTUBE]?v=4UUyEE5VeG4[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
I think I am HOME now when I start mixing :D

If the draw of the EVOD is too loose, just block one or two of the air holes around the base/collar with tape, wax or blutack.

Reduced airflow increases heat and TH, although personally I'd be adjusting PG levels to get the TH right.

If there's too little airflow, you'll just be sucking juice through the wick holes and will get more flooding/gurgling in the centre tube.

I don't know a lot about iClears as I don't generally like top-coiled atties, but they're quite popular so would be worth a try. Avoid Protanks, if you find EVODS loose.

Most importantly, change your coil regularly. Plan on doing it weekly.

Last edited:
http://www.ukecigcabin.com/product/spinner-evod-iclear16-kit

Think about this, the spinner battery is a major step up, evods proper jobs are great, 1.8 ohms offer a better vape just consider them for the future though.

this kit is all you need trust me, will see you settle in no problems. Liquid is another matter i used meduim and have not smoked since, well for 2 weeks, not even wanted to!.

good luck.

http://www.ukecigcabin.com/product/universal

These are the 1.8 ohm coils, I really notice the difference, however the spinner battery you will get is a major money saver in the long run. You can alter the voltage to change the vapour and flavour and find the sweetspot that you prefer. Honestly cannot see a better set up for a starter, plus the spinner battery will see you good for upgrades to different tank set up perhaps a protank in the future. |In the immortal words of...........trust me on this lol. regards.

PS. 2.4% = 24 which is high nic
1.8% = 18 which is medium nic
as a guide

ziggy©;5794067 said:
Which of these would you guys recommend?

http://www.vapouriz.com/starter-kits/electronic-cigarette.htm
http://www.vapouriz.com/starter-kits/gemini-pro.htm
http://www.joyetech.com/product/eGoC.php

Also, what would you recommend i choose for nicotine level? It is showing 2.4%, 1.8% and 0.% percent which all mean nothing for me. Im guessing i have to base this based on my current smoking habit which usually is about 20-25 a day.

None of them. The first one is best, as it has the best cartomiser of the three, but its a bit expensive for what it is. A better option would be a 1000mah eGo passthrough battery and and EVOD clearomiser, from somewhere like Vape Escape. That cost about the same, for a bigger battery and better atomiser.

Start with the higher Nic strength. If you get a headache from it, reduce to 18mg/1.8% or lower.

Just bought a kanger T3S and a iclear 16. See if I get on better with these. Also bought another 60ml of liquid. 30 of menthol and another 30 of fruit salad.

Ive spent more than I would on normal smokes recently. But should have enough liquid and clearomisers to last me a few months now. Think im going through about 15-20ml every two weeks just now amd only at 12mg.

ziggy©;5794067 said:
Which of these would you guys recommend?

http://www.vapouriz.com/starter-kits/electronic-cigarette.htm
http://www.vapouriz.com/starter-kits/gemini-pro.htm
http://www.joyetech.com/product/eGoC.php

Also, what would you recommend i choose for nicotine level? It is showing 2.4%, 1.8% and 0.% percent which all mean nothing for me. Im guessing i have to base this based on my current smoking habit which usually is about 20-25 a day.

Hi Dini, if you are looking at a starter pack then you might want to think about this one, price wise I cannot find cheaper. It is the same kit as I bought but I paid much more through another supplier. I have also used MyePack for another purchase and their service was bang on. At the end of the day it is down to your choice just like any other purchase.

Hi Dini, if you are looking at a starter pack then you might want to think about this one, price wise I cannot find cheaper. It is the same kit as I bought but I paid much more through another supplier. I have also used MyePack for another purchase and their service was bang on. At the end of the day it is down to your choice just like any other purchase.

+1

Good deal for a double kit.

*ventures in and looks around, gets very confused very quickly*

Deep breath....

Hi All

Long time smoker [with a few breaks inbetween]. I have tried e-cigs before, I think I still have a couple of Nicocigs and some sealed cartridges upstairs, though not 100% sure I know where the charger is. I used them for about 6 mths last time I stopped and apart from the obvious weight difference, found it reasonably ok.

However, ultimately, I actually like smoking..... so.... I have been taking a long hard look at when and why I smoke.... and have come to some conclusions - I boredom smoke... by that I mean if I am out all day doing stuff, I might have between 3 and 6 all day, depending what the stuff is.... if I am sitting at a computer, I might as well be chain smoking and whats worse, most of them are actually wasted because they sit in an ashtray :bang:

I know a few people that really do just 'social smoke' ie, when they go to the pub or are at other social gatherings and whilst I would love to actually think I could do that, I just KNOW it isn't going to happen for me.

So, having clicked on Rich's link in his sig the other day and discovered a world of fancy flavoured liquids that really appeal, I am thinking it might be time to take the plunge and try again. Like I say, my main issue is stopping this sitting at computer thing, its ridiculous and bloody expensive, but ultimately I want to stop completely, so I guess I might as well just get right in there and do it.

So.... I am going to sit down and read this entire thread, but with so much going on with work, here, family and stuff, I am sorry I have not read it all yet. I do like the idea of having something refillable especially for at home, plus, unless anyone thinks they are useless, keeping the nicocigs I have for when out and about. Any advice appreciated :)

woohoo welcome Yv.... Getting on for 3 months nearly with my vape kit/no smoking etc and to be honest i have found it the most amzing thing ever:D

I could never get on with the traditional style fake cigs or i'd still be craving the real thing, i think it's all the different flavours that attracted me to try and now i am a eliquid tart. always trying new ones:LOL::LOL:

Is there a reason for wanting to stick with the fake look alikes when you're out? because you'd be suprised just how many people you see now with the vape kits, plus you can get little dinky ones that are a little less discreet..

Obviously the men here have to have the big huge mega monstrious size kits but mines just your normal type one and it goes everywhere with me:D

Yv you sound just like me :D

I converted at the beginning of July and I manage to have a sneaky "real" one every now and again - usually after dinner when I'm out ;) However, I've found that I no longer like the taste of a real one - it's working for me :D

WOW, thanks Simo, thats a whole load of useful info in one easy place. Looks like i might need to make a few decisions and plans. (y)

Hey, you're in London. Why not jump in the deep end and come to the next "All About E-Cigs" London meetup? You'll get to see and try lots of kit and juices etc. 21st Sept. London Bridge. From about 3.30pm until falling over time.

We're a friendly bunch. Only one of us bites and he rarely draws blood!

Well done Yvonne :clap:

Anyway you know you want to :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Thanks everyone, I suspect the coming weeks will be interesting.

I have sat looking through the links and at various sites and have opted for the starter kit linked above my original post as a gentle 'way in' and ordered some interesting juices. Got a couple of packs of ciggies left which will last the next few days until everything arrives and then.... well, should I be asking the admin to hide the ban hammer I wonder? :LOL:

JOhn, I might just join you for that, diary is free atm, will get details off you nearer the time, (y)

Hope it goes well for you Yv. I can honestly say it hasn't crossed my mind to have a smoke in the past 39 days. I actually started vaping the week before that but my sister who was also a heavy smoker was visiting that week (so I thought why kid myself) for the week she was here I mostly smoked and the morning she left I switched completely to vaping. So that's just under 2000 smokes I've avoided. My mind was made up that I was switching to e-cigs not as a way to quit but as an alternative and I was quite happy that if I wanted a smoke I would have one whenever I wanted, I've simply not wanted one.

It has however been an expensive few weeks for me due to upgrading a few times in that short period. But I like shiny gadgets :wacky:

I also spent a fair few £'s on different juices until I found a couple that I could use for all day use. The tobacco flavours were binned within the first couple of days and although I liked some fruit flavours I've found that Vanilla and Vanilla custard juices suit me well and I sometimes mix rasberry or strawberry with them. The thought of smoking a cigarette rather than vaping trifle doesn't really appeal now :D

Still not kidding myself though, I've had a couple of nights out in the time and while I haven't been tempted to smoke I'm sure it will seem like a good idea at some point in the future. I'm going to Amsterdam for a couple of days next week so I'll update with my thoughts after that.

Thanks everyone, I suspect the coming weeks will be interesting.

I have sat looking through the links and at various sites and have opted for the starter kit linked above my original post as a gentle 'way in' and ordered some interesting juices. Got a couple of packs of ciggies left which will last the next few days until everything arrives and then.... well, should I be asking the admin to hide the ban hammer I wonder? :LOL:

JOhn, I might just join you for that, diary is free atm, will get details off you nearer the time, (y)

Yv I have been vaping about 3 weeks haven't had any issues at all. Was out the out on Saturday and had a drag on a cigarette and couldn't stand the taste of it at all. It confirmed that it was absolutely the right thing for me. I have had no moods and have cut the nic content of my juices down to under 6mg already.

Oooh Yv and another very important thing ;) I'vr not put on any weight but, have actually lost 2kg:banana::woot::banana::woot::1st: :D:D:D

Yv I have been vaping about 3 weeks haven't had any issues at all. Was out the out on Saturday and had a drag on a cigarette and couldn't stand the taste of it at all. It confirmed that it was absolutely the right thing for me. I have had no moods and have cut the nic content of my juices down to under 6mg already.

well this is part of my thinking behind the sweeter flavours rather then tobacco flavoured juices Dave, I have a sweet tooth anyway and if I can lose the 'taste' it can't be a bad thing.

Oooh Yv and another very important thing ;) I'vr not put on any weight but, have actually lost 2kg:banana::woot::banana::woot::1st: :D:D:D

:LOL: I should be so lucky!! I am expecting weight gain to be honest, but some active dog walking should help keep it in check ;)

:LOL: I should be so lucky!! I am expecting weight gain to be honest, but some active dog walking should help keep it in check ;)

Have faith - I've upped my walking and have not been picking - my thinking is if I don't do it all now - I'm reaching the age where i just won't be able to shift it ever again ;)

well this is part of my thinking behind the sweeter flavours rather then tobacco flavoured juices Dave, I have a sweet tooth anyway and if I can lose the 'taste' it can't be a bad thing.

I have a sweet tooth and am vaping a cherry butterscotch juice which I Teflon must be like vaping pure sugar. :LOL:

236 days smoke free now :) I wish I could say i lost weight :/ My cholesterol level has dropped from danger though, and my breathing is a bit better, though still not wonderful.

A friend of mine was smoking beside me other day and I almost gagged. It really didn't smell anything like I remember cig-smoke! The smell used to make me want to have one, now it makes me want to wretch! That's a good thing, I think :D

Current fav juices: Ben Jonson's awesome sauce: Nebula, Wingnuts Swedish fish and my usuals Trip hammer refresher and El Toro Virginia prime.

Hi All,

My battery has broken so need a replacement. I want to go VV and was thinking of the spinner or similar. Any recommendations for a good cheap supplier please?

Hi All,

My battery has broken so need a replacement. I want to go VV and was thinking of the spinner or similar. Any recommendations for a good cheap supplier please?

What replacement battery are you after?

An 18650 mod is better value in the long run. Vamo, vmax, Zmax, Sid etc. Unless you need it to be small.

I don't need it to be small but get more than enough 'what's that' comments just using a 1100mah eGo battery and DCT tank as it is. The Vamo's etc look like weapons!

I have 2 Vamos, but since buying the iTaste V3 - which is VV/VW, I've not used either.

It's a great little device.

I have 2 Vamos, but since buying the iTaste V3 - which is VV/VW, I've not used either.

It's a great little device.

Thanks, I've now looked at those. The battery is quite small, how long does it last you/how heavy a vaper are you?

Back