weekly Ecniv - TP 52 2021

Artificial
I did have a good look around the image to see if anything didn't meet the criteria but looks like you met the criteria fully. Closest I got potentially to something artificial could be the floor, even it's real wood.

Patterns
The bed image with the clothing ticks the box well, the other choices are not really giving me the theme of patterns.

Thanks for the replies!

Ok, Week 22 - Up Close...

I was thinking of the following...

a book Up and Closed...

or a visitor to the flat, fairly close, definitely up..

But I am not feeling it. So maybe I'll try again on Tues evening (why tues? because I have to go back to work on monday in the office and wont be back until late)... Macro shots, lighting and curses to wind wobbling shots!

For Patterns, I think I have the same shirt (But not the bedspread ).

For up close, I don't understand the 1st one, but the Magpie is close.

Pete

Agree with all points made by @Nostromo on Artificial.

Patterns - I like the patterned clothes on the patterned bedspread - couldn't get more patterns in if you tried :) Black and white suits it too.

Up Close - I like the magpie shot. It's a shame he didn't quite all fit into the pane.

I like the second shot a lot, the yellow and green against the dark background really jump out.

As Nick says. I also like the contrast of the complimentary colours.

Up close
The second shot would be my choice. The subject takes up a go proportion of the frame and the colours go well together.

I really like the colours in the first two the second one works best I think but the background in the first is lovely

I like the contrasting colours in the one you chose for the main thread. I think the last one is an excellent close up of a finger! :)

I've just realised I've already commented on Up Close - is this a second attempt, or did you change the one in the main thread?

Hi,

AFAIK its that the first two images were an idea, but didn't work, so I went out and took some more... close up was meant to show the size of the flower vs my finger... but I wobbled and got only my finger.

Then, due to the comments here on the second pic of the flower... I used that one as the main one.

I like the first best for Personal too. Good colours.

The third Green with the tree is my favourite although perhaps a bit less green than the others. I think it is because my eye is drawn to the tree and then works its way around the image. Although I'd probably crop the building out. All fit the theme!

Personal
I reckon you've pick the right shot.

Green
The first shot for me. I think you could have gone a little closer, just to focus the eye on the sticky out bit of ivy.

Week 25 - shooters choice + last chance at the negative space.
Well its a first for this year, but I didn't manage to take any pics to match those criteria within the week. Work butting in and no lotto win to relax more... ;)

So the selection to choose from (and must have the negative space...
I think it's either this

or this

(although I am not sure the latter is negative space enough.

I wanted to use something like this, but I just do not have the reach (ie I need to buy a 50-500 or something longer than the 135mm.

...And this is most definately not negative space with focus...

ah well...

@Cobra Of the first two for tech on shooters choice, do they qualify ? (negative space)
I'd say just about, but of course its how YOU interpret the themes ..

I'd say just about, but of course its how YOU interpret the themes ..
meh... My wifes ring - ok I can see that as the tech.

But is the bee too busy and not quite tech :/ not sure.

I did google a few of the pic definitions for negative space, and one had the person with bland buildings/architecture as the background and classed as negative space...

So.. um.. bee it is as it is slightly more interesting than the ring (which I will return to with a few more lights I think)

Last edited:
Love the one you posted for the theme - gives such a good impression of height with the shadows...

Looking down
I quite like the wide shot. It feels a bit more balanced.

Week 28 - Plants
Now easy.. I thought... But perhaps not. Second thought was plants pictures, cropped out to spell Plants... However, last night when I should have been sleeping I realised its a lot more work.

So... a few choices.

Alternative 'Plant(s)' + HDR (Affinity - still learning it)

or

I just couldn't seem to get the sky looking nice.

It's a pity about the sky in the heavy plant images, as apart from that they're really nice. I've always struggled with getting HDR right too.

Ok. So I tried last night to put two other hdr programs on the comp; fdhdr and luminance
fdhdr refused to see the jpgs
luminance started, got as far as choosing what to process, then closed itself :/

Affinity doesn't seem to have enough tweaks on the processing (first stage) and enough after... but by then its... too late. So I a bit disappointed.

I also tried with Gimp twice, but that photo has some very tricky parts that I spent ages on masks and didn't get a result I wanted... so I'll leave it with the affinity version. Maybe return again at some point...

Week 29 - Dominating I had a few ideas.. haven't processed the photos yet.. My wifes idea was the best but unfortunately.. no chess set here and the one at work has gone....
Week 30 - ah hmm I do not remember what I took as a photo.. but may be a retry HDR attempt :)
We'll see tonight :D

HDR Works much better with RAW files and several of them using exposure bracketing, thats possibly why the other programs don't show jpegs.
You can Tone Map with Jpg's but you tend to get the banding effects you see on the sky. There is not enough information in the jpegs to alter smoothly.

BTW I do like the digger photos.

Pete

Back