Electric Swan

Rocket

CTID
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Just noticed the new thread, Been asking for this for yrs and finally we get it.

Electric Swan

Last edited:
This is seriously brilliant (y) I love this use of fractalius, it's a real marmite effect but I love it and it works superbly with this subject, I'm pleased that you like the new forum area, I'm hoping that it's going to be a success (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Thank you Christine, i felt the subject would work well for this type of creativity.

Thanks Matt. The Fractaluis is ok, but i feel it needs a good subject, kinda felt i found it with the Swan.

I would hope the Creative subject will bring forward those that have been a little reluctant to enter there work on here, at least its been given a chance (y).
Time will tell..
regards

This is seriously brilliant (y) I love this use of fractalius, it's a real marmite effect but I love it and it works superbly with this subject, I'm pleased that you like the new forum area, I'm hoping that it's going to be a success (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Last edited:
Seriously good, its certainly suits the subject well.
Can this be achieved in Lightroom? and I am right in saying this is plug-in (Photoshop) but for windows only.

Graham.

I am in agreement, good subject, kinda pheonix like!!

Thanks Guys & Gals....

Graham , its a free plugin for photoshop...I am using windows but not sure if its windows only....

Last edited:
Great image, see so many pictures of swans but this definalty is the best i have seen!

Brilliant!

A nice take on a very familiar subject.
Fits the category well in my eyes.

That is great, the swan works really well (y)

I must look into this fractalius stuff

To use fractalius, you need a decent subject, some subjects can turn out just crazy, other subjects can work well...

Last edited:
Works a treat Rocket. You've caught the swan in a dynamic moment which, as said by others makes for an unusual take on this and the plashes in the water give it an extra sparkle (excuse pun) √

Works a treat Rocket. You've caught the swan in a dynamic moment which, as said by others makes for an unusual take on this and the plashes in the water give it an extra sparkle (excuse pun) √

Thanks for the comments Charles, gratefully received.

Definitely a good base image for a bit of Fractalius - the movement of the swan and the wake behind it have come out very well.
However, I'm finding the effect on the water too overwhelming and I think that it's taking something away from the swan for me. Personally, I'd like to see the Fractalius version applied in a layer over the original and the Fractalius water partially masked out (at an opacity of around 75%) to tone it down.

Thanks Pete.

Yes i can see where you are going Sarah, a good pointer. I had thought about this but never made the efforts to do so, i might well give it ago.

regards

Definitely a good base image for a bit of Fractalius - the movement of the swan and the wake behind it have come out very well.
However, I'm finding the effect on the water too overwhelming and I think that it's taking something away from the swan for me. Personally, I'd like to see the Fractalius version applied in a layer over the original and the Fractalius water partially masked out (at an opacity of around 75%) to tone it down.

Wow!

Swarovski Crystal in pixels.

I do like this so much and it has inspred me to get the PS plug in and have a go myself.

My only crit ties in with what Sarah has already suggested: to tone down the water to give the swan and its wake even more significance, but other than that, very impressive.

Fantastico! I love it just as it is, I dont know but I think if the water was darkened you might loose some of the glow. It's beautifull and I love the detail.

Back