• 23 - 26 September

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • 7 - 10 October

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • 14 - 17 October

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's always somewhere like north Norfolk coast or Lincolnshire coast. Don't know either but it's central ish.
Skegness anybody?

Hi Guys.

If someone at the chapel reads this,I have left my espresso coffee maker in the kitchen, would you please ask Asha to take it on to the IOM and send it to me.

Many thanks,

Richard.

I have sent a PM to Nick as well.

Hi Richard,
Andy alias donut has kindly taken it tto drop off at your home in person as hé lives near you. Can you PM him with your address please.

Absolutely wicked to spend thé weekend with such top notch company. Many manu thanks to everyone for everything. I've managed to briefly obtain internet connections out hère in thé mersey but cannot hang around as still lots of miles to swim :D

Hi Richard,
Andy alias donut has kindly taken it tto drop off at your home in person as hé lives near you. Can you PM him with your address please.

I have already been in touch with Andy and we will arrange a suitable exchange.

Thank you and have a great time in the IOM.

There's always somewhere like north Norfolk coast or Lincolnshire coast. Don't know either but it's central ish.

Well all I know is:- most of Wales, southern, lower south east and west.. England and these areas has some fantastic places from London to Lands end or to Snowdonia....well OK the Scottish highlands and the lake district has the best of the best but coming from the south it's a huge distance just for a weekend :(
Late May to before when the kids break up from school is nice for any place?

God only knows how long it would take me to get to Wales, two regional rail services! :)

Well Steven if you practice snoozing at anytime, using a coach is very cheap and would guess they go to most places.....my wife had to go to Manchester from London, a few weeks ago, and could have got return by coach for as little as £21 (inconvenient times though)...Anyway the cheapest by train was £115 return (which she took) as the coach was twice as long in time and would have missed the funeral.

If everyone wants to go to somewhere like Scotland, we could get cheap flights to Inverness and then hire a minibus to get around in. 1/12th of a minibus plus flights each is going to work out reasonable I think. Flights from Bristol to Inverness for example are £75 with hold luggage, plus say £45 for the minibus. That's pretty good value, especially when you compare it to train prices!

If everyone wants to go to somewhere like Scotland, we could get cheap flights to Inverness and then hire a minibus to get around in. 1/12th of a minibus plus flights each is going to work out reasonable I think. Flights from Bristol to Inverness for example are £75 with hold luggage, plus say £45 for the minibus. That's pretty good value, especially when you compare it to train prices!

http://www.nationalexpress.com/coac..._campaign=UK|EN|GO|GEN|BM|London to Edinburgh

From £9 for London to Edinburgh erm but 8 hours travel time

To be honest, wherever we organise a meet for is not going to suit everyone but if we hopefully continue to do these longer meets then we should be able to get around the country enough to make sure everyone gets a chance to attend at least some of them. You can't please all of the people all of the time but you can feel people some time if the other people have to be pleased.... or something like that. :)

You can't please all of the people all of the time but you can feel people some time.... :)

:runaway::runaway::runaway:You know there's restraining order in force

I thought is was a fantastic weekend, thanks to @Mrs Snap and @Andysnap for organising everything. It was great to see some old friends again, it was a really great way to spend a weekend, wasting film and eating and drinking (y)

A delay for my 35mm shots as the m\c at Asda has broken down......I phoned before as usual to check but it turned out that she was on the phone all morning trying to contact the engineer, so couldn't get through...anyway thought the worst and drove down there just to see if the dept still existed and she said "they were continuing to do film (y)

Turns out I shot fewer frames than I thought. Filmdev rang to tell me I'd sent them an unused roll of Portra; they were suspicious of it but had to process it anyway. :( :banghead::crying: (Couldn't have contacted me earlier, I was told when I got home yesterday we were driving to Scotland today!)

Turns out I shot fewer frames than I thought. Filmdev rang to tell me I'd sent them an unused roll of Portra; they were suspicious of it but had to process it anyway. :( :banghead::crying: (Couldn't have contacted me earlier, I was told when I got home yesterday we were driving to Scotland today!)

:( Dunno about Portra but the Fuji 120 I used has on the sealing sticker "exposed" written

:( Dunno about Portra but the Fuji 120 I used has on the sealing sticker "exposed" written

It was 135... I heard people asking about "sharpies", perhaps to write on the canisters. I clearly need to get more rigorous with the management of my exposed film! It would also help to actually check the film visually before dropping it in the post bag! :(

Anyway, I've had a very quick look through the 147 exposed images back from Filmdev (not all from this trip). It appears I can hand hold a Pentax Z-1 for shots longer than 1/10 second... sometimes! Not enough to make the approach desirable though. At least on day 2 I took my monopod with me, that seems to have mostly helped. I sent them a roll of Acros since we were going away, and that seems to have come out very nicely, like the scans. Should manage to put something up tomorrow, although I also want to get out and shoot the rest of those films, while Mrs R is in Glasgow and I'm here in Edinburgh!

Part roll of Acros in one of the MXs... perhaps I should try some long exposures after dark? Darn it, in the rush to pack this morning, the light meter didn't make the pick... :(

It was 135... I heard people asking about "sharpies", perhaps to write on the canisters. I clearly need to get more rigorous with the management of my exposed film! It would also help to actually check the film visually before dropping it in the post bag! :(

Anyway, I've had a very quick look through the 147 exposed images back from Filmdev (not all from this trip). It appears I can hand hold a Pentax Z-1 for shots longer than 1/10 second... sometimes! Not enough to make the approach desirable though. At least on day 2 I took my monopod with me, that seems to have mostly helped. I sent them a roll of Acros since we were going away, and that seems to have come out very nicely, like the scans. Should manage to put something up tomorrow, although I also want to get out and shoot the rest of those films, while Mrs R is in Glasgow and I'm here in Edinburgh!

Part roll of Acros in one of the MXs... perhaps I should try some long exposures after dark? Darn it, in the rush to pack this morning, the light meter didn't make the pick... :(
Dark Edinburgh has some interesting pics:

https://www.facebook.com/darkedinburgh/photos

If your camera has semi auto my street scenes with lights came out nice using a T70 and a church with some floodlights came out good using a OM2 erm well the exposure was OK but was ruined by camera shake @ 7 secs (no tripod) :(

Last edited:
Dark Edinburgh has some interesting pics:

https://www.facebook.com/darkedinburgh/photos

Thanks Ken. I was sure @steveo_mcg had a thread with Edinburgh night shots as well, but I can't find it!

If your camera has semi auto my street scenes with lights came out nice using a T70 and a church with some floodlights came out good using a OM1 erm well the exposure was OK but was ruined by camera shake @ 7 secs (no tripod) :(

Sadly the Acros is in a Pentax MX, fully manual... and my Android phone won't meter, either..

It was 135... I heard people asking about "sharpies", perhaps to write on the canisters. I clearly need to get more rigorous with the management of my exposed film!

With 35mm surely it's just as simple as the ones with leaders sticking out are not exposed, and the ones with no leaders are exposed?

With 35mm surely it's just as simple as the ones with leaders sticking out are not exposed, and the ones with no leaders are exposed?

Yes indeed, so actually opening the plastic boxes would have told me straight away! :banghead:

Actually it's not quite that simple, as I leave the leaders sticking out on black and white to make loading in my Rondinax easier... but I wind the film so as the leader is only half an inch or so, to give myself a clue.

Yes indeed, so actually opening the plastic boxes would have told me straight away! :banghead:

Actually it's not quite that simple, as I leave the leaders sticking out on black and white to make loading in my Rondinax easier... but I wind the film so as the leader is only half an inch or so, to give myself a clue.

Ahh yes I do the same thing, it's much easier to get onto a developing spool when you don't have to wrestle with a roll that's unraveling in the bag. My solution has been to take the leader and bend it back on itself, then tuck the end back into the slot. That way I can tell it's exposed.

Mind you, using a sharpie to write on the canister is going to be pretty much fool proof isn't it, so that's gotta be the best option!

tbh you're better with out a meter at night. I've got my crib sheet for acros if you want me to send it on.

Thanks Ken. I was sure @steveo_mcg had a thread with Edinburgh night shots as well, but I can't find it!

Sadly the Acros is in a Pentax MX, fully manual... and my Android phone won't meter, either..

I had it moved to the projects section to save constantly bumping it in the film bit.
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/edinburgh-later.578901

tbh you're better with out a meter at night. I've got my crib sheet for acros if you want me to send it on.

xxxx

I had it moved to the projects section to save constantly bumping it in the film bit.
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/edinburgh-later.578901

Yes please, Steven. PM sent.

That's a lovely thread. I got my OCOLOF thread moved to Projects as well, not really happy with the feedback there, don't think I would do it again unless it was better suited.

Yes please, Steven. PM sent.

That's a lovely thread. I got my OCOLOF thread moved to Projects as well, not really happy with the feedback there, don't think I would do it again unless it was better suited.

Cheers Chris, I think it works better for less prescriptive projects, the 52's that end up in there tend to fall away too (or get moved)

I've emailed you the exposure chart I work from its got Acros in the top with out Reciprocity baked in since its not necessary till F16 in a very dark alley which I've never found necessary. Its also got a chart for Delta which I've tested and seems okay but is quite different from Ilfords official formula.

Just realised that the other thing that didn't make the cut packing for this trip was the tripod! Don't think the monopod would cut it for 8-second exposures... guess I can try some of Kenilworth Castle after dark when we get home. :(

Just realised that the other thing that didn't make the cut packing for this trip was the tripod! Don't think the monopod would cut it for 8-second exposures... guess I can try some of Kenilworth Castle after dark when we get home. :(

Most of my waterfall shots were rubbish as I also didn't have a tripod and so no decent depth of field :(

Bad scanning by Asda as the darker image shows pixels...a common fault :(

Last edited:
Great work Carl

Back