• 23 - 26 September

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • 7 - 10 October

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • 14 - 17 October

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm available for any of the weekends at the moment. I'd probably have to do the same as the lakes and head up on Friday afternoon then return Sunday evening for work on Monday.

Bumpety bump

I've put October purely because I'll likely be away the weekend before but tbh I'm not too fussy.

It was October last year, wasn't it? Just thinking, the sunrise/sunset times were pretty right. May not be so important, depending on what's in walking distance from the venue, of course!

So, 10 people interested so far:

Andysnap & CMS
excalibur2
RaglanSurf
Asha
ChrisR
steveo_mcg
kendo1
stevelmx5
Carl Hall

We'd need a few more people to make the two chapels previously mentioned a bit more affordable. There are a few hostels and bunkhouses that may be available, a bit cheaper and in more rural areas.

You'd think a few digi guys would be interested......well I don't care if someone uses a digi camera.

I can be available on any of those dates although my attendance will very much dépend on availability and costs of flights from hère and of course the journey up from London.
Once à date has been set, i'll do some homework to see if it's going to be feasable;)

I can be available on any of those dates although my attendance will very much dépend on availability and costs of flights from hère and of course the journey up from London.
Once à date has been set, i'll do some homework to see if it's going to be feasable;)

Might be cheaper to fly to Luton and somebody pick you up there as people from London would probably use the M1.....for me It's an easy ride using the M40 and if the weather is good would probably use the motor bike stopping at places like Stratford upon avon on the way.

Andysnap & CMS
excalibur2
RaglanSurf
Asha
ChrisR
steveo_mcg
kendo1
stevelmx5
Carl Hall

We'd need a few more people to make the two chapels previously mentioned a bit more affordable. There are a few hostels and bunkhouses that may be available, a bit cheaper and in more rural areas.

Would it be worth putting a link up in the non-FC section? Not all digital users frequent this one

Can you make mine a +1 please.

Would it be worth putting a link up in the non-FC section? Not all digital users frequent this one

Probably, I should have done it straight away but I forgot about the rest of the forum... :oops: :$ I'll sort it out later.

13dreamerBear1181.jpg

Might be cheaper to fly to Luton and somebody pick you up there as people from London would probably use the M1.....for me It's an easy ride using the M40 and if the weather is good would probably use the motor bike stopping at places like Stratford upon avon on the way.

So do you want a passenger Brian?:p:D.....I have suitable moto clothing and skid lid;):)

I'm kidding as although I do have the gear, to lugg it all with camera kit, clothes and teddybear:D would probably prove a darned headache.

So do you want a passenger Brian?:p:D.....I have suitable moto clothing and skid lid;):)

I'm kidding as although I do have the gear, to lugg it all with camera kit, clothes and teddybear:D would probably prove a darned headache.

Well I had my father on the back of my 350cc going to France Spain and Italy in 1958...... he ended up with blisters on his bum :eek:

Probably, I should have done it straight away but I forgot about the rest of the forum... :oops: :$ I'll sort it out later.

Well Andy I would suggest you word it carefully just to make the numbers up as surely you don't want all the work like a Whipsnade meet.

Couple of the Usual Suspects are missing, what excuse do @robhooley167 , @donut and others offer???? EDIT: not to forget @Woodsy and @shaunthesheep (sorry, I did forget what her username has changed to!).

Last edited:

Andysnap & CMS
excalibur2
RaglanSurf
Asha
ChrisR
steveo_mcg
kendo1
stevelmx5
Carl Hall

Up to 15 people interested now! We can probably now drop the middle weekend of the three because it has received fewer votes, so the choice is now between just two weekends:

23-26 Sept
14-17 Oct

So, it'd be useful to know who is a definite and who is a possible. Also, who can / can't do a particular weekend out of the two mentioned:

Definites
Andysnap & CMS (either weekend)
RaglanSurf & Teddy Bear (either weekend)
Carl Hall (either weekend)
Woodsy & Nikki (either weekend, prefer Sep)
stevelmx5 (either weekend, prefer Sep)
excalibur2 (definite Sep, possible Oct)
kendo1 & Mrs kendo1 (either weekend)
steveo_mcg (either weekend)
ChrisR (either weekend)

Probable
Asha (Sep)

Possibles
Rob Hooley
Donut

Last edited:
For Oct we would be relying on an indian summer and although there is not much difference between the late dates in Sept..it could make a difference riding a motorcycle (well if the weather is going to be good) with chilly mornings and mists so put me as a definate for 23-26 Sept.and possible 14-17 Oct.

Put me down as a definite for either of those two dates as well, providing it's a whisky free zone :) Would it be worth amending the list of people to show a rough area of where they would be travelling from? Might help people who live near each other to organise travel.

I'm ok with either weekend too and so is my teddy bear.

...and whisky tasting is an essential part of the weekend.

Last edited:
*laughs heartily*

You should brace yourself chap, I'm pretty sure that about half the people interested in going are whisky fans :D

Aha! I'll bring my two bottles that I bought after the Bristol meet, there's a fair bit left but I'm getting through it slowly! occasionally I get some really nice tastes from it, but more often than not it just tastes like fire and burning :LOL:

I'm going to try and bring a fair few... Which is a good justification to buy a fair few more, right? I mean, one cannot have spare room in ones whisky cabinet. That would be unfathomable.

I'm going to try and bring a fair few... Which is a good justification to buy a fair few more, right? I mean, one cannot have spare room in ones whisky cabinet. That would be unfathomable.

None of that Japanese muck.... 'orrible that was. :whistle:

Whisky? Yeah I'm in :)

I Mean yeah after the fabulously well organised and great fun of the previous trip I'm a definite. Presuming @Mrs Snap doesn't go mad and book the Peak's Hilton :)

Well I snore that shakes rooms :eek:, but if you all get drunk you won't hear me (y)

Oh dear. I was just about to say I'll definitely be coming (unless my OH books me off somewhere), no real preference for dates. But I've recently become teetotal:D, so I may have a problem what with all this whisky and getting drunk enough to sleep through Brian's snoring... :whistle:

Yes, he's got a motorbike so that'll be OK.

I've just remembered I'm only teetotal during the week, so that'll be OK, too!:D

Back