• 23 - 26 September

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • 7 - 10 October

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • 14 - 17 October

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If it helps, I've been fortunate enough to have been on quite a few trips with most of the above, and can honestly say that they a̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶u̶n̶c̶h̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶e̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶i̶k̶e̶y̶s̶ are all absolutely top people and completely trustworthy. I wouldn't worry about having to store kit in the car over night. On the Lakes trip, we all kept our kit inside, some even leaving it all in the kitchen area over night. It should all be perfectly safe :)

This going to be a good Indian summer trip and I am looking forward to meeting all the really good TP film photographer,s for the first time, I have already met Asha and Nick.:)

I would like to know at some stage which establishment we will be booking, both look great,but,for travellers with cars,plans need to be planned for security.:)

As an offer of preference my choice would be Old Chapel,just looks good and I have to have somewhere secure to keep the car with all the Kit.

Talking about Kit,I know that most of you guys will bring LF camera,s,but,if anyone would like to try Hasselblad both 120mm and 35mm let me know.

I am also thinking of bringing two 35mm APS camera,s, for a little competition,I have the films that I will bring and the Lab to process, what do you think?

When I went to the Whipsnade meet everyone was friendly (even the digi guys ;)) and that's why one good reason I going to the Peak and the beauty of these meets is:- if you run out of conversation, you can always talk about photography. :D

I wouldn't worry about having to store kit in the car over night. On the Lakes trip, we all kept our kit inside, some even leaving it all in the kitchen area over night. It should all be perfectly safe :)

Agreed. I think peoples kit will be safer in the house rather than the car.

We're going over tomorrow to scout out both places and will report back on parking, pubs, local amenities, things to do, possible photogenic places to visit.........and anything else we can think of!

I'm not sure what kit I'll be bringing with me yet. I'll definitely be bringing the Mamiya 645J with the 80/35 lenses as my go to MF. I'll also be packing the Yashica 635 along with some 120/Instax. I'll have the Pen FT for some half frame fun (see if I can finish an entire roll in a weekend!). I'll probably also pack my Sony A6K for some digital shooting in the evening.

I 'might' also have a 6x9 field camera by then but I'll see how well my design works..

What's everyone else bringing?

Well I think this time it would be Etrs with 3 or 4 lenses and Contax 139 (if Ken brings his Contax 28mm) with a selection of Tamron lenses...and if anyone has an adapter they can try them (24mm is handy).

If it helps, I've been fortunate enough to have been on quite a few trips with most of the above, and can honestly say that they a̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶u̶n̶c̶h̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶e̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶i̶k̶e̶y̶s̶ are all absolutely top people and completely trustworthy. I wouldn't worry about having to store kit in the car over night. On the Lakes trip, we all kept our kit inside, some even leaving it all in the kitchen area over night. It should all be perfectly safe :)

Hi Jonathan,

I was not even thinking about that,Just that my car carries lots of other important gear and all my photographic stuff would be in the house,it was just the other important gear in car that I was thinking about.

Last edited:
Dunno for sure but likely the M4 , the 124G, possibly a 6x9 folder and dare i say it, the XE-1

I'll probably bring the Nagaoka, the Intrepid, a Pentax 67, Nikon FE, Zero Image Pinhole, a Hassy, Yashica 44, Olympus mju, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera

Oh, and my teddy of course :D

jon and nikki ,,,dont forget to brush up on your monty python this time

I think this weekend we should mainly talk about 1970's prog rock.:D

The 'intrepid Nick' sounds like a brave Victorian explorer.

I'm definitely interested in seeing the Intrepid Nick. Are you bringing a trailer for the rest? ;0)
I'm might just bring everything and have a boot sale on the Sunday morning.

Just found an interesting whisky shop in Bakewell..... Bought gin. :confused:

so it was a gin shop then !
No, a whisky shop with a sideline in gin. A ghisky shop if you will or possibly a whin emporium. :)

No, a whisky shop with a sideline in gin. A ghisky shop if you will or possibly a whin emporium. :)
so not a gin shop with a sideline in whiskey then .dont drink anymore mate ,,,,,the poor young cms has to look after you when you've had a few .consideration old boy ,,,

so not a gin shop with a sideline in whiskey then .dont drink anymore mate ,,,,,the poor young cms has to look after you when you've had a few .consideration old boy ,,,

Too late.. I'm on me umpteenth pint. CMS is driving :banana:

Beer consumed, tea eaten. Recon report will be submitted tomorrow. Things look good.

Righto, I'm going to do a post about each of the chapels with some info, google maps links, maybe a photo etc. It may take a little while, bear with me......

Ebenezer Chapel, Milford

This house was very easy to find unlike the other one! Located just off the A6, next door to the King William real ale pub in Milford. We got there yesterday just as loads of people were arriving for a May festival at the Holly Bush Inn just up the lane (also real ale & a very quaint pub!) so we saw just how many cars can park up that lane (lots!). Parking really shouldn't be an issue.

Neither of these pubs do food in the evening although the Holly Bush does do lunches. There is a chain (Fayre & Square) food pub just across the bridge over the River Derwent. Also a local award winning Italian restaurant (Angelo's at the New Inn) about half a mile along the main road. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be many more facilities in the village, no cafes, no shop that we could find.

There are stations about 2 miles each side of the village, Belper to the north and Duffield to the south. Both places also have shops so we can pick people up from either station and can stop for beer shopping on the way back!

There is a ridge behind the chapel that can be accessed from footpaths along the lane (and possibly from the garden itself) so there is a chance you could take sunrise / sunset pics from up there. It would depend on whether you can get a decent view because there are lots of trees (also lots of bluebells yesterday too!).

You can explore the area using the google streetview link below:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.0...nNvlil0FqFUA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Ebeneezer by Andy, on Flickr

Ebeneezer2 by Andy, on Flickr

Back