F&C Meetup? Astle Park, now set for 14th August

If interested which date would be best for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol. Made me chuckle.

"We're at the beer tent. We've both got hats on"
(then proceeds to remove hat)

(y)

Can I please make a suggestion . When saying about a "meet up" it is no good just saying at "XXXXX park" as the heading , not buried in the posts in a link

Last edited:
Can I please make a suggestion . When saying about a "meet up" it is no good just saying at "XXXXX park" as the heading , not buried in the posts in a link
I don't want to be a nuisance but I've read that a few times and can't quite understand what you're suggesting. Can you clarify? Thanks.

Why, have you bought a film camera and wanted to join us, Barry?

They look nice Chris. Thought they might look a bit meh considering the light but they've turned out pretty good IMO. Are you pleased?

They look nice Chris. Thought they might look a bit meh considering the light but they've turned out pretty good IMO. Are you pleased?
Yes, I really like them, I think the Lomo helped and they are generally better than the FP4 shots which did suffer with the flat light

My last shot of the day, @Mr Badger was just checking his lightmeter app for his but @simon ess spotted me taking the shot. Lots of dust spotting ahead for me, seems to be some crud in this batch of C41 chems and of course the infrared dust removal on the scanner decided that today was the day to go on furlough.

93_2021-08-16-0031s.jpg

Last edited:
I only posted the films on Tuesday afternoon and the negs arrived in todays post, so same day turn-around from AG Photolab. :) So here are the first few from the meet-up (taken with Canon EOS 30v and Canon EF 28-135 IS).

All the fun of the fair
51388320137_a22156eba2_b.jpg

Eye level
51389335078_229fb84ed2_b.jpg

Rover 1
51389335063_23dac29b81_c.jpg

Rover 2
51389818449_1f5072fb05_b.jpg

Fastest shot in the west.
51389078116_b1e3b7679d_c.jpg

Smile!
51389818484_49ff06bce8_b.jpg

Last edited:
I thought I'd got away with it, still at least you didn't risk cracking your lens with a face shot :LOL:

Just got my scans from Filmdev... So 2 of the photos I was in have resulting images to show for them...

5v1, Cross processed E100 on the 645n. I got away with it!
000029700011.jpg

Then the glasses... Did look for Mr Badger in the reflections but no dice.
000029700009.jpg

Kids Having Fun
000029700003.jpg

All in all, I'm quite pleased with E100 cross processed. I think I prefer it to straight processing.

The rest were on the MP with Kodak Gold...

Chris got a better one of this... 28mm was a bit wide I think.
000029660026.jpg

Busted...
000029660004.jpg

Poor timing 'cos it was gone before I really had time to move & get it. Another Chris photobomb...
000029660012.jpg

Must say I did like the look of that Nikon. Small, modern... And some lovely images...

Jan has an F80 and she loves it, I like it as well. It seems like an F100 light, lovely bit of kit.

It's a nice camera. The body is pretty compact but with lots of features. It's not weather-sealed, which would be nice, but weather-sealing often tends to come with pro-level bodies, which also tend to be bigger and heavier too.
Not remotely suggesting that the camera had anything to do with the great image btw... What lens did you have on it? (Nikon lenses confuse the hell out of me)

Not remotely suggesting that the camera had anything to do with the great image btw... What lens did you have on it? (Nikon lenses confuse the hell out of me)

:D

I had a couple with me - the 50mm f/1.8D and 28-80mm f/3.5-5-6. Neither lens is expensive (the zoom is pretty plasticky) , but both are quite compact, and nice and sharp.

Finished the rest of my HP5+ roll today and it is hanging up drying. Got the scanner to play ball, threatening to 're-programme it with an axe' seemed to work. Film had some problems in places due to a problem with the Tamron zoom I was using for some shots which was not linking to the aperture reader on the camera, so some very overexposed frames that bled over onto adjoining ones. Hence the ghostly appearance of @sirch being teleported away.

y4mGvoYV81WMyx0cZnyv-nqAXjgAW7_0-xLOD1xzFq33aZbW8vTF9ZiqFBRnK6hNBQnV6oy-65m0E8p738oa1gveexvJYtU_hu53bUkNk-RFrPSzNGSjFmYSKhBgWjLWEUG00Sat6dEigRh6shw-XIxwpD5TDwBYi7jQ6Y9wej-DecN4ZS1YFsoUrxdQ1RvinVv

Most of the rest were a bit blah :rolleyes: so only a few to show,

A bit of elbow grease being applied

y4mpfi3EyzQdKVYImg52SDN4aardDiUH5ie5JYSbebiGMXg4qQhvEDcy6EkdrikNWo_yjwzDWwm7cjPJTO4rY7Wb1dabIg8fzO2MEha1tzg44hZVZsUCMiE3T0_Zzt4vaqqf-aNQOpzuhm4D5ErCc-kGYBmoXd2vZo7RRyX_ue4eslXcZFXDdV6Po4Z40qSYbmd

Need a step up ?

y4mH8tSWso5az7nNVAeA0HPS_JEASG5G1A5QSPsvfr66QDH40SumeS0ObZdvDJTH4nr2G006NLXP1M4I0RhsCRalq-h96ACjS00hszL7MdP-P-cy4zCkkTSDuPFtslmn9V8b9LcB4d2Xpz3ePCME1plIGIJ9KmipgZudb6meqksDaGcxjoorMUg7Y6ljJcnpjD2

and some things make me smile

y4m10irOkXxsHhPbfmAZgIGIcYoFpCZFwBAjEsOCJPePV2JMzsztcO1lxrw4xxjwVof7k_JCsK0Mm2GvH-FFoqys4GY641qLsp1E-bEjsuCGwobQZXxGhotZEQ_wI-vfOGupNgFWtaWGebUZXheXqqvWKahCZf4gFArJp5vahpIHd6lIPo5lXBbpO-1qLve10xp
These all on Rolleiflex SL35E and Kodak Colourplus 200. Think time to mix up some fresh chems.

Last edited:
Must say I did like the look of that Nikon. Small, modern... And some lovely images...
The F80 is a good camera but before you rush off to eBay, I have a test comparison report from June 2001 comparing the Canon EOS 30 with the Nikon F80. Your EOS 30 is a more fully-featured camera, it also has 7 (eye selectable) AF points compared to the 5 AF points of the Nikon. The Nikon has a 10-segment 3D matrix metering system against the Canon's 35 zone system, the EOS 30 has a slightly better autofocus system, particularly on faster-moving subjects, and is also substantially quieter in all aspects than the F80. The shutter speed range is the same on both cameras (30 seconds to 1/4000 second) but the EOS 30 uses 1/3 stop increments rather than the 1/2 stop of the F80 (perhaps giving a slight advantage to the EOS 30 when shooting slide film); the EOS 30 has a 4 fps autowind facility, as opposed to the F80's 2.5 fps.

The EOS 30 has a brighter viewfinder (with dioptric adjustment for spectacle wearers) and a thicker surrounding hood which, according to the review, provides better protection against stray light, making it easier to read the exposure display in strong sunlight. You also get flash sync up to 1/4000 of a second and FE lock on the EOS 30 when using a Canon EX-series Speedlite flashgun. Add to that full compatibility with all Canon EF series lenses and, as good a camera as the F80 may be, the EOS 30 is a more versatile and easier to use proposition (unless you're already invested in compatible Nikon lenses and accessories).

I think my summary would be that in 'real life use' there's likely to be little difference between the actual results delivered by these two cameras (other than perhaps fast-moving action subjects where the EOS 30's AF system and 4fps motordrive may pay dividends). So you probably can't go far wrong with either of these two cameras in terms of 'everyday' type photography, although the EOS 30 will do things more quietly.

Last edited:
Reminder to self - ID11 like cheese gets stronger as it ages! Time, temp, dilution and agitation all were right for the HP5+ that was in the Olympus XA but even the numbers in the rebates are black rather then grey, so overdeveloped. So just a few contrasty shots with blocked highlights and some curve correction.

Not over restored

y4mnjUtb01E6TJtc5vfmyLmbZroh8GpDeYogxKnQL5ENX2D2qPO1LDn13DG3uwT1PDc3a9vZhuVJ4wjduIhi2T5wYMTBaX1u9aWwqUxDanmclBXe2bxVdn1U-yGvFvmymk1oca_2hlcSa2lKgWrAOlAPtGXdWcwKQ6gPFQ_LaqxWNMCZO0_t8_fvIsY4lObWSSo

Smart Little Truck

y4mfRCqJVKwv9R0fIylk3kMJOSwn-cZIS-nljE8wniYcMOdFTQyaW9E1vcK1XHPIEN3V5hB0rFJZ9H346zWiXFXEC__nnBH-aSpFT2DsBaVmO7ZuG-2Fmj6wVV4TdFtsaVS-rD9nmlOqMUzHSV-yTBMKhKDoro3bTnLP1m-fJgP4c894WUOydFJTgnbY-N5oAcQ

A couple of wet rides

y4mti-0mH8FNutYLiw7tY5YBg8zwnuXTfWYI4SrUtEhrVkXMz9tF61vhAAA_oouFb-QD6PPamcM6rsfGFX74UqIbjBk1t5uiHaVYDlcIIJv3VamMCz6MYwyvf4pDjUuZ9ofFhROZ39YrJLgjJ2NyTTgqo5Up68epL1iAh2xuhEadHKOhbzNKwAZLhCLgNzepzio

y4mqSuar-Nd6gvu771uOb5vWeKZKCKBzgLJQt2C_Mf35Dm-VhMygfrdugjuoTnvTqbNMqk4dzk42qpz-W1CDWUK3fXKKOOyQwUb84ssqPcHJb_hsrdMIBqMWS4-zhF9k1xpn5Nxi-9KytH0iUTF_YeLb0bq36H-1C2z4EIJ8z4s6iwWzZnbOLQP8PDvTWYVR_Hn

Think I need to get out shooting more and get back into my stride. Probably heading to Smallwood (https://www.smallwoodvintagerally.co.uk/) my daughter will have a craft stall both days and Mrs B may be helping on the Sunday.

Time to start the meet-up thread then David. (y)
One slight complication is the 4th is my Wedding Anniversary, will need to seek permission. If someone else :angelic: started the thread I could claim it wasn't my idea

The F80 is a good camera but before you rush off to eBay,

I have rushed to eBay :)

I think it's the smaller form factor. Either Nige has really big hands, or it looked quite small and compact compared to the 30. A quick Google tells me it is smaller, but not by much...

Either way - sense won out (for now) as I don't need more cameras. That AF-with-everything-and-tiny-and-detachable-lenses camera is very handy though, and I do find myself reaching for the EOS-30 only to discover it's got the wrong film in it... Maybe I should by another :)

Back