F&C Meetup? Astle Park, now set for 14th August

If interested which date would be best for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That AF-with-everything-and-tiny-and-detachable-lenses camera is very handy though, and I do find myself reaching for the EOS-30 only to discover it's got the wrong film in it... Maybe I should by another :)
And that (is what I tell myself) is why I have two EOS 30s... and a 30v. :giggle: Actually I have two EOS 30s as it would have been daft not to have snapped up a mint one for £32 when I spotted it on eBay a couple of years ago! That's the other good thing about them, they're affordable (or at least they were when I stocked up on them!).

Thanks @simon ess for setting up a thread for the Smallwood Vintage Rally. Negotiations almost complete with 'The Boss' just need some more gin.

That second one works really well. I failed to get much steam... At a steam rally....

That second one works really well. I failed to get much steam... At a steam rally....

:)

I've been to a few of these events and have found that it's good to wait until you see the engines belching out smoke for atmospheric (literally) photos. They usually start to put on steam when you are half a mile from them on the other side of the park. :D

Last edited:
There can sometimes be steam in the wrong place!

51403758888_d0cd0232d9_b.jpg

The owner leaps into action after a water gauge glass breaks causing a cloud of steam; taken at the Cheshire Steam Fair, Grappenhall, 1984. Canon A1, 50mm 1.8 on Kodak Ektachrome slide film.

A few final shots from Astle (before I start cluttering up the Smallwood thread instead :D). Those interesting and photogenic skies are a sight to behold, aren't they? :LOL:

All HP5+ and a mixture of F80 and Zeiss Mess-Ikonta 524/16 pictures.

Two guys and a traction engine by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Big by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Between the engines by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Engine driver's hat by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

I like trucking by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Howard's Olde Tyme Fun Fair by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Carousel by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Norman E Box traction engine by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Back