F & C Week long trip to Cornwall!

Which week (sat to sat) in May would you prefer?

• 6th - 13th

• 13th - 20th

• 20th - 27th

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think Brian that the Cornish have always considered themselves to be an independent country (much like Yorkshire :D) and so calling us 'the English' isn't quite so strange as it may at first seem.

Although there are some Cornish people who think that Cornwall should be an independent country I believe the majority accept, as I do, that Cornwall is a county of, and therefore part of, England. However what the majority of the Cornish do not accept is that they are English. Therefore we refer to those who are from England as the English, just as we refer to the Irish, Scottish and Welsh.

Last edited:
Although there are some Cornish people who think that Cornwall should be an independent country I believe the majority accept, as I do, that Cornwall is a county of, and therefore part of, England. However what the majority of the Cornish do not accept is that they are English. Therefore we refer to those who are from England as the English, just as we refer to the Irish, Scottish and Welsh.

Very much the same as the Yorkshire folk, except I suspect they think that not only are they not English but that they may not even be human. :D

I think it goes like .... 'British by birth, Cornish by the grace of God'.

Anyhoo, back on topic.

I agree with both Mrs Snap and the Surfs on the order of the houses.

Andy

Also, as far as dates go the 19th May would be preferable but not a deal breaker.

Anyhoo, back on topic.
Andy

Hi Andy, I forgot to post my apologies yesterday for going so far off topic. Hope the weather is kind to you and you enjoy Cornwall.

Hi Andy, I forgot to post my apologies yesterday for going so far off topic. Hope the weather is kind to you and you enjoy Cornwall.

No need for apologies Christopher, the f & c section is infamous for its ability to wander many miles off topic, especially if Brian is involved. :D We always find our way back eventually.

the f & c section is infamous for its ability to wander many miles off topic

Hence the Cornwall meet being in John O'Groats!

No need for apologies Christopher, the f & c section is infamous for its ability to wander many miles off topic, especially if Brian is involved. :D We always find our way back eventually.

"Now there’s not many who people know that" for added info off topic.:D

Would the 19th work for everybody?

Any week is fine with me too, just need to start making plans.

The weekend of 19th May is the only weekend in April and May that I can't do as I'm already away then. I am available any other weekend in April/May, but if the 19th is best for every one else then I understand :)

I am happy with any of the places listed so far :)

The weekend of 19th May is the only weekend in April and May that I can't do as I'm already away then. I am available any other weekend in April/May, but if the 19th is best for every one else then I understand :)

I am happy with any of the places listed so far :)
Happy to do the 12th if it fits with everyone else.

Ok, so the 12th is fine for 7 of the 9 (10). Just waiting on @raathistle and @ChrisR now. Any word chaps?

I notice that raathistle has not been onto the forum since the 10th, so has likely not seen any of these messages yet. That said, he did initially state no date preference, so unless there is significant issue with the house, he's likely to be cool with what ever...?

Last edited:
I'm leaving date choice etc to you guys; the negotiation with OH to include a variety of dates would be too much for me!

So Is there any preference between the roundhouse and trelawns? The latter is much cheaper and appears to offer everything that the round house offers.

Thoughts?

Also, what are people's thoughts on paying for it? Do people want to go the deposits route or pay for it all up front? Food and other shared stuff can be sorted later once the booking is confirmed.

So Is there any preference between the roundhouse and trelawns? The latter is much cheaper and appears to offer everything that the round house offers.

Thoughts?

Also, what are people's thoughts on paying for it? Do people want to go the deposits route or pay for it all up front? Food and other shared stuff can be sorted later once the booking is confirmed.
Roundhouse is my preferred choice, admittedly more £'s but worth it IMHO. Happy to pay up front if that's easier and sort out shared stuff later. Again, these are just preferences and not set in stone, happy to go along with the majority.

Out of Roundhouse and Trelawns, only Trelawns is actually available w/c 12th May.

Our thoughts are that Trelawns offers the best value for money. There are no more than 3 people sharing each bathroom and it's walking distance to shops, pubs and beach. Roundhouse is lovely but it's a short drive to the nearest shop or pub and you have to pay extra to use the hot tub!

Fine by me (y)

Can we confirm that w/c 12 May is now definite? I really need to book leave from work asap.

Trelawns is still available but could be booked by someone else at any time. Do we need to keep searching for alternative houses?

Also, we're happy to sort out payment in any way. Don't mind whether it's a deposit and balance or all in one.

Last edited:
I'm trying to book it now. It wants everyones surname and age. I know most surnames, with the exception of Shereen (apologies if I've spelt that wrong), @ChrisR and @raathistle. I'll guess ages unless any of you want to PM me :) Equally, if you know any of the info for someone else, please PM me :D

Otherwise I'll just guess and then stick everyone down as mid 30's with elaborate surnames, like Finklebottom. Or Cameltoe.

Last edited:
Booking request sent for Trelawns. The company now lets the owner know about the party size and week and then confirms via email. I've elected to pay the deposit rather than the full amount at this stage. Link to the place added to OP. :)

Will post again with confirmation, and then will send out PM for deposit contributions. The deposit and booking fee came to £334.37. Looking forward to it!!!

Last edited:
Back