F & C Week long trip to Cornwall!

Which week (sat to sat) in May would you prefer?

• 6th - 13th

• 13th - 20th

• 20th - 27th

Results are only viewable after voting.
I love how I'm the one being cheeky and Andy is the one getting it in the neck :D

Anyways...

Booking confirmed!!!

Woo!!! Just received the email to say that all is good and we're set for the 12th - 19th May. Remaining balance of £599.63 is due by 16/03/17. I'll send round PM's later today with details.

WOOT...... :banana:

Just to note publicly, all money received and accommodation paid for. Only thing left to sort now is arrival times etc, and what food to buy. The plan here is to do an online [insert supermarket name here] order set to arrive a few hours after the accommodation opens. Requests for types of food etc are welcome :)

I have a book that I'm going to bring along which might be of interest for days out. It's by Adam Burton and is called "Photographing Cornwall and Devon". It's got a big map with lots of interesting places for photography (mostly landscapes), with useful info like car park coordinates, best time of day/year to visit, and best view points etc. I haven't been to any of the places in there yet, but if it's anything like the Snowdonia book in the same series, it will be very helpful.

This is the book https://www.amazon.co.uk/Photograph...nwall+and+devon+including+dartmoor+and+exmoor

Definitely bring it along! Nikki and I know a lot of good places to photograph on the North Cornwall and North Devon coastline, so can advise on easily enough places for a weeks worth of day and sunset shoots. I'm really interested in that book however for the more inland locations, as that's what we have a lot less experience with.

Thinking of doing an order of some of the quirky film from the Film Photography Project, if there's enough interest from other Cornwall bound f&c types I'll get an order in asap.

Also they do rerolled 620 film if you've got one of the 620 Box Brownies.

http://filmphotographyproject.com/store

If anyone has any Agfa Vista 200 could you please bring some rolls along for the Crap Camera Challenge. We do have a few rolls but not quite enough to go around and it seems to be out of stock in this neck o' the woods.

Ta

Andy

Any idea of an itinerary yet? If the Lyme Regis trip is early enough in the week, I can bring a few rolls of assorted out of date print film along.

Any idea of an itinerary yet? If the Lyme Regis trip is early enough in the week, I can bring a few rolls of assorted out of date print film along.

Now then young Nod, are you sure you're in the correct thread? I'm not sure we had any plans to go to Lyme Regis and we don't have an itinerary at all... this is F and C you know. :D

Now you come to mention it, I'm not so sure!

However, the offer still stands for the film if I can get down to you early enough in your stay.

Depending on the weather, I can make it down over the weekend - hopefully on the bike so will keep an eye on the thread to keep an eye on the emmets try and pin you down!

ETA...

The weekend I was thinking of is the Jurassic Coast thing next January...

Last edited:
Now you come to mention it, I'm not so sure!

However, the offer still stands for the film if I can get down to you early enough in your stay.

Depending on the weather, I can make it down over the weekend - hopefully on the bike so will keep an eye on the thread to keep an eye on the emmets try and pin you down!

ETA...

The weekend I was thinking of is the Jurassic Coast thing next January...

Well, you'll be very welcome mate. Keep an eye out and we'll update the thread as and when.

Is very OOD stuff any good? I might have a few rolls of miscellaneous crap in the loft or in the garage. Will be complete Russian roulette to use though.

Is very OOD stuff any good? I might have a few rolls of miscellaneous crap in the loft or in the garage. Will be complete Russian roulette to use though.

Its ok Suz, I think given the already challenging equipment it would be better to stick to 1 film type to try and level the field a little. :)

I have 4 rolls I want gone
I'm not ever gonna use them because
a. I refuse to pay the same price processing for 24 frames as 36.......not even for testing purposes
b. I need room for film I want to shoot
c. I've fished em out now to find out how many there was, and they ain't going back in
its either a trip in an envelope, or a trip outside with the teabags and tatey peelings

somebody give me an address to send em to pls

I refuse to pay the same price processing for 24 frames as 36.......not even for testing purposes

Huh Testing a camera? So if you haven't got a 2nd 35mm camera to transfer the film, after so many frames, you could be stuck with 36 frames showing a light leak ;) Anyway I prefer 24 for most of the time as it takes too long to get through 36.

a. I refuse to pay the same price processing for 24 frames as 36.......not even for testing purposes
c. I've fished em out now to find out how many there was, and they ain't going back in
its either a trip in an envelope, or a trip outside with the teabags and tatey peelings

Thanks! I believe Mr Snap has been in touch....

If anyone has any Agfa Vista 200 could you please bring some rolls along for the Crap Camera Challenge. We do have a few rolls but not quite enough to go around and it seems to be out of stock in this neck o' the woods.

Ta

Andy

I think one of my local stores had some (we have two for some reason, about 1/4 mile apart!) the last time that I went in there. If I manage to get time to pop into town this week I'll go in and have a looksie!

There was certainly none available in the Crewe branch last week, so that was 30 minutes of my life and 70p parking fees I won't get back! :( Never mind, perhaps one of 'The Snaps' could tip me off via private message if they happen to see it's back in stock? :)

There was certainly none available in the Crewe branch last week, so that was 30 minutes of my life and 70p parking fees I won't get back! :( Never mind, perhaps one of 'The Snaps' could tip me off via private message if they happen to see it's back in stock? :)

Apparently they do not order it in at the Crewe store, it only goes out on the shelves if it arrives on a lorry so they don't know when or if another batch is coming. I'll let you know if I see any in there.

Thanks Andy, I very rarely go into Crewe town centre, so a tip off would be much appreciated. Will send you a PM about meeting up to collect that Photoflo stuff from you a bit later on once I know what I'm doing this week. (y)

I'm pretty sure there's some in my local £land, does anybody want some picking up?

I can bring some 36-shot rolls, probably slightly expired.

I'm pretty sure there's some in my local £land, does anybody want some picking up?
I'm not going on the Cornwall meet (more's the pity!) so it would be too much mither to get money down to you and the film collected, etc. Thanks for the offer though. (y)

Hope you all have a great time and the weather behaves for you and that the beer and cider is good, cheap and plentiful. Don't forget to keep us all posted on progress (and watch that Andysnap if he goes near the sea, just in case he starts doing his King Canute impersonation again!) :whistle:

This time the tide will stop..... I COMMAND IT! :)

Didn't work last time you needed to get off an island ;)

I know, I know but now I've been on that wizard training course I have the power......:whistle:

I know, I know but now I've been on that wizard training course I have the power......:whistle:

On tv last night was the hunt for Moses's rod..but you could try a walking stick from the bootie and never be stranded again. :D

One week to go!

166s9.jpg

Cheers Jox, rolls have arrived and are secreted in a big box with a pile of crap (ish) cameras.

What time is everyone planning on arriving?

I've just read through the thread again and I didn't spot any mentions of times, but I have quite a short attention span and 4 pages requires a lot of concentration, so I might have missed it :D

What time is everyone planning on arriving?

I've just read through the thread again and I didn't spot any mentions of times, but I have quite a short attention span and 4 pages requires a lot of concentration, so I might have missed it :D

I don't think anything has been arranged about arrival times etc yet. Hopefully @Woodsy should be able to let us know the details when he gets the stuff through from the rental company.

We're hoping to get there early-mid afternoon but that will depend on lots of things! Google maps suggests 4.5 - 6 hours drive plus stops. If we have a good run we'll mooch around the area for a while until the house is available. :)

Sounds good! I'll be finishing work at 12 and driving down after I've gone home to get my bags. It's a 2.5 hour drive for me, so I'll hopefully be there between 3 and 4, depending on traffic and the number of food stops!

We're aiming to leave mid morning, stopping for 2nd breakfast and then early lunch, probably afternoon tea roundabout Reading, so should be in Cornwall at about closing time :D

Back