F1 2017 season

If the Bottas negotiations fail Merc don't release him, so he can't be confirmed until everything else is in place.
If they dont release him it would mean (if rumors were to be believed ) that there would be two technical directors at Merc Lowe and Allen who has been signed (subject to rumor) several months ago (before Nico left)
It does look like clare is taking Franks job and Paddy is slotting into claires old job and holding the fort on the tech directors job till James Key arrives next year from Red Bull
But there is a lot of ifs and buts there, still looks a little odd to me

Last edited:
Unless Merc send Lowe off to do some gardening until his contract is up...

Linking all the rumors together with a few facts
Paddy's contract for 2017 onwards was due May but no agreement was reached
Paddy is offered top job at Williams during 2016 possably before May
J Allison is offered tech director Merc early in the second half of 2016 or before
Paddy stays at Merc not to destabilize the team
Nico drops bombshell October
Bottas is approached
Williams has whip hand and is demanding high settlement
Massa is re recruited as stand in
Bottas to merc deal not done yet

Which probably means Paddy lowes leaving Merc has probably nothing to do with the Bottas/ rosberg situation

Last edited:
Please please please don't bring Massa back from the dead. Let's have some new blood in the sport!

I like Massa, but it is just time for him to go. For the interest of the sport, we need to get new blood in.

I admire Rossberg so much for getting out whilst at the top of his game.

Fair point.

It would be more exciting if they put Maldonado in the car. Just think of the TV coverage for Martini ;)

Which would be about....... 10 minutes? Unless you're also counting the bit where the stewards recover his car from the Armco. :)

I met Maldonado a few times. Driving skills aside, came over as a nice chap.

Which would be about....... 10 minutes? Unless you're also counting the bit where the stewards recover his car from the Armco. :)
For clarity, the stewards of the meeting don't remove cars from armco, indeed they have no role in the conduct of the meeting unless there is a judicial. I've been asked to be a steward several times at motorsport meetings (small club level events, not the British GP!) as I'm pretty familiar with the general regulations under which all events with an MSA permit are run. I've been a marshal - the actual people who in combination with rescue units remove cars from armco - more often, though I don't do it nowadays.

The stewards may or may not remove Red Bull at the first race if their suspension (which they are adamant is legal) turns out not to be
They may change it but they reckon every car will have a heave damper doing something with the ride height so it will be legal

Last edited:

I think you are bring a bit generous there - how about less than ten seconds off the start line?

For clarity, the stewards of the meeting don't remove cars from armco, indeed they have no role in the conduct of the meeting unless there is a judicial. I've been asked to be a steward several times at motorsport meetings (small club level events, not the British GP!) as I'm pretty familiar with the general regulations under which all events with an MSA permit are run. I've been a marshal - the actual people who in combination with rescue units remove cars from armco - more often, though I don't do it nowadays.
Ok I bow to your obviously superior knowledge. It was actually intended as a joke though :rolleyes:

Bottas confirmed to Merc

Valtteri Bottas has been confirmed as Lewis Hamilton's 2017 Mercedes team-mate with the Finn joining the world champions from Williams.

Bottas's old team Williams announced the long-awaited move as they confirmed Felipe Massa had come out of retirement to replace the departing Finn in their line-up.

“I’m delighted that Felipe has agreed to come out of retirement to be a part of our 2017 campaign," said Williams deputy chief Claire Williams.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...ns-lewis-hamilton-at-mercedes-for-2017-season

The secret is how williams have screwed Mercedes to make the deal

Maybe screwing is a bit hard but Claire is no dummy and the deal will have been for the max Williams could get, remember Lauda saying it was complicated and I reckon most of it wont see the light of day to us mortals
Free engines will only be a small part of the deal If Paddy is off to Williams I bet his gardening leave is just long enough to prune the hyacinths in the window box. plus things you couldnt imagine

Rumor has it macs could be orange this year

Either way would be good, I always buy the team shirt and last years gradient thing was so bad, hopefully this years will be much nicer and the car in orange/white would be good too

Meanwhile 'the greatest drivers in the world' have started their season in what looks like being a classic year with more power and bigger and better aero kits.

Back