F1 2017 season

Ferrari complete with this years mandatory sail
Ferrari-591120.jpg

Worse looking. Let's hope they sacrificed looks for speed

It should've been all orange, the teamwear is much nicer this year at least, more expensive though. they need a title sponsor like Halfords or tango to get them fully orange.

Ferrari looks good. Looking forward to toro rosso's new livery, it's suppose to be light blue like the sugar free red bull can.

Do this years cars really look aggressive , dynamic ultra fast machines we were promised ??

img_3833.png

I thought williams was different but this is their official unveil
1488012353282.jpg

Tomorrow is when we will see what the cars are really like. 1st day of pre season testing at Barcelona :).

We won't see the final designs until the first race weekend - only 26 days to go!

We won't see the final designs until the first race weekend - only 26 days to go!

True, but its better than the P.R managed photo shoots and we will find out if they can do more than 1 lap before breaking down.:eek:

I'm sorry but I'll laugh like a drain if that neon sign comes back to haunt them! (As long as it's in the form of multiple failures rather than crashes.)

And they all look very similar except the merc although it is fitting a sail so as not to look out of place

I'm sorry but I'll laugh like a drain if that neon sign comes back to haunt them! (As long as it's in the form of multiple failures rather than crashes.)

https://BANNED/petegillf1/status/836141457677422592

Red bull, clean bodywork compared to the Ferrari with it's multiple winglets by the nose/cockpit and the little wing at the rear. Mclaren had a very good chassis last year, let down by engine power, lets hope this year is the same. I don't mind the orage, it'll stand out, which as an advertising platform is what is required.

Testing under way and the mclaren has managed 1 lap. Problems with the red bull.
Ferrari and Mercedes putting in the laps

As mercs doing quite well in testing lets hope they dont bolt a fin on as its head and shoulders above the rest for looks
They did say it was a marginal thing they would maybe try at Barcelona

As mercs doing quite well in testing lets hope they dont bolt a fin on as its head and shoulders above the rest for looks
They did say it was a marginal thing they would maybe try at Barcelona

They tested the fin yesterday
C5rOSGjWcAA75z-

Mercs fin looks like a hot air over rear wing via the T splitter OR its a piggy bank
C5rVXOxWgAAGt1-.jpg

Oh I do hope this is correct and merc dump the fin
The shark fin supposedly makes the car more streamlined, but Mercedes saw it as unnecessary extra weight. During tests in the wind tunnel they found that the shark fin design also split the air and can cause 3% of the center of the rear wing to become redundant, meaning that the rear wing wouldn't create as much downforce as it could without the extended shark fin making the car heavily unstable in certain areas of the track. That’s why some teams have shark fin detached from rear wing (short shark fin), and others connected with rear wing (full length shark fin).

A problem with the shark fin is that presumably handling will be changed if there was a cross wind. It could make the car unstable and the driver forced to make usually unnecessary steering adjustments to keep his car on the track. As you know wind does affect F1 cars and if a wind is side on it can cause the opposite of desired effect destabilizing the rear. The fin will make the car sensitive to side winds and if the car does start to yaw then the rear wing will be partially masked by the fin and may result in loss of downforce and a spin.

Manor's hopes of a last-minute rescue deal to return to the Formula 1 grid have evaporated, after the team officially withdrew its entry to the 2017 championship.

Although Manor's parent company, Just Racing Services, ceased trading earlier this year, the company that held the official 2017 entry remained an ongoing concern.

There had been rumours in recent weeks that Chinese investors understood to have links to the Manor World Endurance Championship team were trying to put together a rescue deal that could have resurrected the outfit for a late start to the campaign, but that situation now appears to have fallen through.

Autosport has learned that Manor's chief Stephen Fitzpatrick has written to the FIA to notify it officially that his team was withdrawing from the F1 championship.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128324

Another quality start to the 2nd week for the Honda wtaf are they actually doing.

Testing going well Merc out front Maclaren breaking down Red Bull not quite there and Ferrari challenging Merc
oh sorry was reading last years testing

I think its starting to get to fernando, i dont blame him, he was probably promised the earth over the winter period and they havent delivered.

The chassis last year was thought to be the second best on the grid, this year it's thought to be very good also.

But when you're HP down, 20-30Kph down along a main straight, it's not just getting swamped with overtaking, you're not getting the energy generated to heat the tyres etc, so then have to add more downforce and compromise settings to generate the heat for the tyres, further compromising everything again.

Then the reliability issues, worrying over every strange noise, not wanting to push...

Back