F1 2017 season

Meanwhile 'the greatest drivers in the world' have started their season in what looks like being a classic year with more power and bigger and better aero kits.
And wider cars, bigger tyres. Faster through the corners slightly slower on the straights more turbulance, Where that leaves overtaking has to be seen

And wider cars, bigger tyres. Faster through the corners slightly slower on the straights more turbulance, Where that leaves overtaking has to be seen
Rally cars don't overtake (that often).;)

I did say the season has already started :p

Ah I must be on the wrong thread

Ah I must be on the wrong thread
No, this is the F1 thread,

I was just trying to get an enthusiastic audience interested in the sport that has 'the greatest drivers in the world' according to most F1 drivers :D

Wehrlein and his passenger were very fortunate yesterday.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38PcnwL7Vhg

That concrete barrier could have so easily ended his career if not their lives if the car had flipped the other way.
Brilliant win by JP Montoya, ROC Rookie, in the final though.

F1 probably wouldnt be what it has been if it wasnt for Bernie but he has gone down a wrong turning in the last few years
Thanks for what you have done in the past Bernie now lets see what Ross Brawn and team can do in the future

I'm really excited about Liberty's acquisition, and now they have confirmed the leadership, I am convinced they have the right people in place to make the sport what it should be.

Strange quote from Bernie. It could be read in so many ways
Ecclestone said: "My days will now be calmer. Maybe I'll come to a grand prix. I still have many friends in formula one and enough money to visit a race."

I'm really excited about Liberty's acquisition, and now they have confirmed the leadership, I am convinced they have the right people in place to make the sport what it should be.
I'm not. I think they will ruin it.

It will turn into more of a circus and they will try and turn it into nascar

I would say by the crowd sizes last year it's doing OK.
Yes they need better promoters and sort the prize money for the teams so we have a more constant grid of teams.

Ross brawn on his ideas
http://www.pitpass.com/58189/Simplicity-is-the-key-says-Brawn

But no mention yet of the removal of the stratergy group which is needed

Consensus of the question are fans leaving F1 is that tv viewing is down globally by up to 30% The perception that it is artificial racing dosnt help nor removing TV behind a pay wall in 2019 On the plus side is Max he slowed down the trend downwards, racing as it should be

Last edited:
It will turn into more of a circus and they will try and turn it into nascar
So, F1 with 36 points paying races a year, drivers in the top series regularly racing in other series during the season including at tiny events (the idea of Fernando turning up at Castle Combe for a special GT race is quite appealling, I must say, but that's pretty much what some of the top drivers in NASCAR do, racing midweek on small dirt ovals), the sanctioning body being a dictatorship and prepared to change the technical regulations mid season, even between practice and qualifying on a race weekend in order to improve the quality of racing? ;)

My favourite thing that they do is that any parts that are declared illegal in scrutineering are confiscated and placed on display on the desk of the NASCAR office at each event, so all the other teams can inspect them.

I watch NASCAR, I watch F1 and I watch the WEC (and am going to the 6h of Silverstone again this year). While very different in many respects, they are all motor racing and all taken equally seriously by everyone taking part.

Retired world champion Nico Rosberg believes a more aggressive approach helped him beat team-mate Lewis Hamilton to the 2016 world title because previously the Briton had "walked all over" him. (Daily Mail)

That was on the BBC app... no nico, lewis' engines blowing up gave you your dominant 5 point win

When has Nico ever told a fib it must be true :naughty:

Sauber have released this years colour scheme.

1487584702559.jpg

It's the closest they're ever gonna get to gold!! Also I noticed the lack of sponsors but there's lots of white space if you want to chip £5 in to get TP as a sponsor haha

It's the closest they're ever gonna get to gold!! Also I noticed the lack of sponsors but there's lots of white space if you want to chip £5 in to get TP as a sponsor haha
£1million gets you a logo on the tail and on the nose fin of a lesser team

136277383.jpg

136277382.jpg

Looks like the great big fin on the rear bodywork is going to be this years must have. :eek:

Yup back to 2009
Shark fins stop yaw under braking into corners and stops cross over air, left to right, over the engine covers giving a smoother flow to the rear wing
Down force its all about down force, this in itself has split the people who know into a) better racing as the cars will go faster through the corners so darey do on braking will make it exciting to b) Worse racing as more downforce / aero will spread cars on the straights as they wont be able to get close to each other
Roll on March lets see who is right
Red Bull's Marko is backing Brawn on the move to ditch DRS but it wont be this year Brawn wants a purer answer to overtaking rather than an artifical one At last someone that understands F1

New merc on the track
Cut back shark fin like the sauber I mean the williams pics
JS121505809_PA_Mercedes-AMG-2017-Car-Launch-Silverstone-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqZEKOFfzMILEwCe1srRg5l4FMiFgzau8tshSJOFihecc.jpg

Last edited:
Back