F1 season 2016

IMO it should be at least a stop/go (or equivalent) to equate to him stopping to get the instructions passed over the radio.

Last edited:
Clicking through from that Autosport story; ye gods, that Aston/Red Bull car is fugly!
and small I read somewhere it has a tardis interior SO its like an old mini then inside

Probably telling him what to do with 7th gear as in dont use it then explaining that meant shift through it

It was a bit basic that they had to explain to him what they meant by shift through 7 though, the penalty is a slam dunk on that point.

Now merc have signaled an intention to appeal this will drag on and is probably designed to kill the radio ban
This is the best ive read up to press as to what is allowed and what isnt
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/blogs/rosberg-radio-rule-breach-explained/?

From that link, this snippet probably explains the penalty.
"Following this there is some suggestion that more communication continued including questions and directions about how and when to downshift and also how to deal with the car if it got stuck in gear."
IF that turns out to be the case, there's the possibility that more penalties might be applied (if each message is taken to be a separate offence...) and that would (I'm afraid :D) make me giggle!

Wins first 4 races and won't even win the championship... I think Mercedes need a no.2 driver, if all they want is the constructors, Lewis can have drivers and no more expensive crashes... It will also be cheaper, as I imagine someone like wherlein would cost a lot less than rosberg and when Lewis is ready to retire, can be their no.1.

On a seperate note, I like kimi, but I don't think he should be at Ferrari next year, sainz or grosjean would have been much more exciting. Palmer is surely going to lose his seat as well.

Merc sees sense and drops appeal
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/125258/mercedes-drops-plan-to-appeal-rosberg-penalty

Wins first 4 races and won't even win the championship... I think Mercedes need a no.2 driver, if all they want is the constructors, Lewis can have drivers and no more expensive crashes... It will also be cheaper, as I imagine someone like wherlein would cost a lot less than rosberg and when Lewis is ready to retire, can be their no.1.

On a seperate note, I like kimi, but I don't think he should be at Ferrari next year, sainz or grosjean would have been much more exciting. Palmer is surely going to lose his seat as well.

Dont rule out Nico yet there is plenty of time to for him to fix Lewis no tracks too big for Nico to hit him

On another note Lewis has started the mind games after whacking Nico with a one lap wonder in qualy then saying that the last 15 laps of the race he turned down his engine After the race he said the booing of Nico was wrong (how did he keep a straight face)
I think all this was just to reinforce who was the daddy

Ferrari are making some odd decisions lately lets see if this works out the 2017 cars may be to Kimi's liking

2016 FORMULA 1 MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ (HUNGARY)

HCleks8.png

Hungaroring
Lap length 4.381km (2.722 miles)
Race laps 70
Race distance 306.67km (190.556 miles)
Pole position Left-hand side of the track
Lap record* 1’19.071 (Michael Schumacher, 2004)
Fastest lap 1’18.436 (Rubens Barrichello, 2004, qualifying one)
Maximum speed 295kph (183.304 mph)
DRS zone/s (race) Pit straight and second straight
Distance from grid to turn one 610m

UK Times
Friday 22nd July 2016
Hungarian Grand Prix Free Practice 1: 10:00-11:30 (UK time: 9:00-10:30)
Hungarian Grand Prix Free Practice 2: 14:00-15:30 (UK time: 13:00-14:30)
Saturday 23rd July 2016
Hungarian Grand Prix Free Practice 3: 11:00-12:00 (UK time: 10:00-11:00)
Hungarian Grand Prix Qualifying: 14:00 (UK time: 13:00)
Sunday 24th July 2016
Hungarian Grand Prix: 14:00 (UK time: 13:00)

Previous Winners
2015 Germany Sebastian Vettel Ferrari
2014 Australia Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull-Renault
2013 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton Mercedes
2012 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
2011 United Kingdom Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes
2010 Australia Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault
2009 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
2008 Finland Heikki Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes
2007 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
2006 United Kingdom Jenson Button Honda Report
2005 Finland Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes
2004 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari
2003 Spain Fernando Alonso Renault
2002 Brazil Rubens Barrichello Ferrari
2001 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari
2000 Finland Mika Häkkinen McLaren-Mercedes

Videos
Hamilton 2015 onboard
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_PClX09WsI

Berger onboard 1991
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIwNO6TcN4E

Facts From Previous Race

Lewis Hamilton’s fourth British Grand Prix victory means he needs just one more to equal the most successful drivers ever at his home race.

Jim Clark and Alain Prost won the British Grand Prix five times, and Prost holds the record for most victories at Silverstone with his five wins at the current home of the race. Clark won three times at Silverstone plus once each at Brands Hatch and Aintree.

One other driver has taken five wins in Britain: Nigel Mansell, who won the British Grand Prix four times after his debut success in the 1985 European Grand Prix at Brands Hatch.

Hamilton is only the second driver to win the British Grand Prix for three years running – the other being Clark, who won four in a row from 1962 to 1965. It was the fourth consecutive British Grand Prix win for Mercedes, equalling the record held by Ferrari (1951-54), Lotus (1962-65) and Williams (1991-94).

This was the 24th home victory in the 67 world championship British Grands Prix so far.

Hamilton’s career tallies now advance to 47 wins (four shy of Prost who’s second on the all-time list) and 55 pole positions (ten behind Ayrton Senna who’s second on the all-time list). However his team mate prevented him from taking a hat-trick: Nico Rosberg took the 19th of his career, putting him level with Stirling Moss, Ayrton Senna, Damon Hill and Mark Webber.

The top five drivers on the grid took the chequered flag in the same order they qualified, but Rosberg’s penalty which dropped him to third spoiled that symmetry.

The track record for the reconfigured Silverstone circuit was broken on Saturday by the previous holder of the record. Hamilton’s 1’29.243 in Q2 bested his 1’29.607 from Q3 three years ago by 0.364s.

Daniel Ricciardo became the last driver this year to be out-qualified by his team mate. He had beaten Daniil Kvyat 4-0 and is now 5-1 up against Max Verstappen.

Verstappen took his third podium finish and second in a row. In the six races since he joined Red Bull he has scored 77 points, more than Raikkonen (63), Ricciardo (64), Vettel (65) and even Rosberg (68). Only Hamilton has scored more points in the last six races, taking 110.

Williams failed to score for the first time since the United States Grand Prix last year. However on that occasion both cars retired – at Silverstone both finished outside the top ten.

Drivers’ Chosen Tyres
kUHm3RO.jpg

Championship Standings
ThDIEMN.png

iDyrY8a.png

Pain? Maybe, but they do also seem to have plenty of success with the pairing, despite them taking each other out in Spain this year. Ferrari need 3 1-2 finishes with the Mercedes pairing failing to score to catch up in the WCC. Even when Hamilton starts having penalties for engine swaps etc. the team should be scoring well.

Maybe there's an extra clause in the new contract(s) with penalties (or even sackings) should the driver(s) be found to have caused a collision by the course stewards...

Lets see if the Merc boys will play nice tomorrow or will it end with terror toto snarling
They are lined up just right for a close encounter of the third time

Not sure how Rosberg kept that time. In the past you'd never have kept a purple sector past double yellows.

Double waved yellows means significantly reduce speed, be prepared to stop, or was when I took my Motorsport licence. That doesn't equate to setting the fastest time through that sector of anyone.

I know the track was improving, and Rosberg briefly lifted, but hardly anything. You could see that by how quickly he caught everyone in front of him.
If I was a driver, I'd be asking for clarification from the stewards.

Still let's hope for a good race. Gp2 and gp3 have been finding it hard for overtaking. lots of track limits called for turn 4 and 11 in those races. Huge crash at the start of gp3 this morning.

I hope if Lewis gets past he doesn't have one of his 'slow' pit stops

Double waved yellows means significantly reduce speed, be prepared to stop, or was when I took my Motorsport licence. That doesn't equate to setting the fastest time through that sector of anyone.

I know the track was improving, and Rosberg briefly lifted, but hardly anything. You could see that by how quickly he caught everyone in front of him.
If I was a driver, I'd be asking for clarification from the stewards.

It wasnt a straight forward investigation it took 3 hours to decide
Lewis was asking the same question as you, the only thing that I can think of is that the double yellow flags waved was for alonso when he spun and looked like he was about to return to the track but when Nico arrived Alonso was on his way and they had changed to single yellow
That would take a while to sort out as the marshels would have to be rounded up and questioned

It wasnt a straight forward investigation it took 3 hours to decide
Lewis was asking the same question as you, the only thing that I can think of is that the double yellow flags waved was for alonso when he spun and looked like he was about to return to the track but when Nico arrived Alonso was on his way and they had changed to single yellow
That would take a while to sort out as the marshels would have to be rounded up and questioned

Nope Alonso had gone when Nico arrived, but he went through double waved yellows, you can see it clearly on the video. The flags were clear after that corner.
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...-controversial-hungarian-gp-pole-lap-examined

Also he lost a tenth of a second through the corner - that was it. Thats not significantly slowing

Nope Alonso had gone when Nico arrived, but he went through double waved yellows, you can see it clearly on the video. The flags were clear after that corner.
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...-controversial-hungarian-gp-pole-lap-examined

Also he lost a tenth of a second through the corner - that was it. Thats not significantly slowing
Then I am at a loss as to the decision
Be prepared to stop is not lift and floor
There has to be something us mortals dont know as 3 hrs is a long time to say its okay or it isnt

Time for Bernie to say don't penalise Rosberg as it will be good for tv?
Yep F1 does leave its self open to manipulated racing Lets hope the stewards explain the reason but I doubt it
There is enough artifical things in todays racing without fiddling with the actual rules

Aye, rather boring and the commentators well OTT on Verstappen on Raikonen, then vice versa!

Simply not an overtaking circuit.

Yeah interesting exchange between the two Mercedes drivers in the press conference about the qualifying flags. I can see this one running.

Did we get to the bottom of why button got a penalty? He had no brakes, was already at the back of the grid, came into the pits? Is a pedal to the floor not a safety issue?
These new radio rules are rediculous. Gp2 earlier was great listening to all the messages.

It was a sensor fault and the team told him over the radio whilst on the track what to do
The infinate stupidity of F1 gave him a penalty they apparently would have prefered him to crash with no brakes, nothing like a good crash to spice up the show

Remember which short person wanted drivers to drive with no radio contact I am sure as L dont think it was the fans or the teams

Last edited:
2016 FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON DEUTSCHLAND

yyvnQdS.png

Hockenheim
Lap length 4.574km (2.842 miles)
Race laps 67
Race distance 306.458km (190.424 miles)
Pole position Left-hand side of the track
Lap record* 1’13.780 (223.182 kph) by Kimi Raikkonen, 2004
Fastest lap 1’13.306 (224.626 kph) by Michael Schumacher, 2004
Maximum speed 313kph (194.489 mph)
DRS zone/s (race) Second and third straights
Distance from grid to turn one 260m

UK Times
Friday 29th July 2016
German Grand Prix Free Practice 1: 10:00-11:30 (UK time: 9:00-10:30)
German Grand Prix Free Practice 2: 14:00-15:30 (UK time: 13:00-14:30)
Saturday 30th July 2016
German Grand Prix Free Practice 3: 11:00-12:00 (UK time: 10:00-11:00)
German Grand Prix Qualifying: 14:00 (UK time: 13:00)
Sunday 31st July 2016
German Grand Prix: 14:00 (UK time: 13:00)

Previous Winners
2015 Cancelled
2014 Germany Nico Rosberg Mercedes Hockenheimring
2013 Germany Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault Nürburgring GP-Strecke
2012 Spain Fernando Alonso Ferrari Hockenheimring
2011 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes Nürburgring GP-Strecke
2010 Spain Fernando Alonso Ferrari Hockenheimring
2009 Australia Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault Nürburgring GP-Strecke
2008 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes Hockenheimring
2007 Cancelled (replaced by 2007 European Grand Prix)
2006 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari Hockenheimring
2005 Spain Fernando Alonso Renault
2004 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari
2003 Colombia Juan Pablo Montoya Williams-BMW
2002 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari
2001 Germany Ralf Schumacher Williams-BMW
2000 Brazil Rubens Barrichello Ferrari

Videos
Webber 2006 onboard
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HwHgEWnpfs

Alesi 2001 onboard (old circuit)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9fNynI-33w

Facts From Previous Race

Lewis Hamilton’s fifth Hungarian Grand Prix victory made him the most successful driver in the history of the race which was held for the first time 30 years ago.

For the second race running Hamilton surpassed Michael Schumacher’s victory tally at a particular grand prix. However Schumacher continues to hold the record for most wins at many other rounds of the championship, and Hamilton will need a few more years of racing to have a chance of passing them.

Ayrton Senna holds the record for most Monaco Grand Prix wins and Alain Prost holds the record for most wins in the British Grand Prix. Schumacher holds the record for most wins at the same race with his eight victories in the French Grand Prix, but that race hasn’t been held since 2008, which was Hamilton’s second year in the championship.

Hamilton’s run of form at the Hungaroring even extends to practice sessions. Until his crash during second practice on Friday he’d headed every one at the track since 2013.

Schumacher’s last Hungarian Grand Prix win came in 2004, which coincidentally was also the last time that year’s eventual champion won at the Hungaroring. Hamilton moved into the championship lead with Sunday’s win, the first time the championship lead has changed hands mid-season since he overhauled Nico Rosberg at the 2014 Singapore Grand Prix.

Hamilton claimed the 48th victory of his Formula One career, leaving him three wins shy of Prost in second place on the all-time winners list. It was his fifth win of the season, drawing him level with Nico Rosberg, though his team mate has led more laps: 280 versus 241.

Rosberg took his 26th career pole position, putting him level with Mika Hakkinen, but has to wait for his 20th career win after losing his lead at the start. This was the sixth time in the eleven races so far this year the pole sitter hasn’t led at the end of lap one – and on two occasions Safety Car starts meant the pole sitter wasn’t under threat.

Kimi Raikkonen already has more fastest laps than any driver bar Schumacher and he added to his collection in Hungary, setting his 43rd. Schumacher recorded 77.

But the most unusual statistic from last weekend surely belongs to Fernando Alonso, who as well as qualifying and finishing seventh also finished in the same position in all three practice sessions.

Drivers’ Chosen Tyres
DzurN5J.jpg

Championship Standings
fwICmow.png

wvbLFxu.png

James allen has left Ferrari with immediate effect
Given his personnel circumstances and possible pressure from above its understandable
I discount the fired bit but it will leave a hole that is going to be hard to fill I hope Mattia Binotto is up to it or Seb will be casting around for a ride if not next year 2018

James allen has left Ferrari with immediate effect
Given his personnel circumstances and possible pressure from above its understandable
I discount the fired bit but it will leave a hole that is going to be hard to fill I hope Mattia Binotto is up to it or Seb will be casting around for a ride if not next year 2018[/QUOTE

Last edited:
Back