F1 season 2016

Apart from Jenson getting a little fed up of the Honda progress (although it does seem to be improving and they are rumoured to be adopting TJI ignition which has seemed to be the turning point of other teams ) Mc laren dont want to loose Stoffel Vandoorne and next year is a new rule year for all teams so it might be a good idea to introduce a new promising driver
What Jenson will do is still anyones guess and as of yet he hasnt gone
A space has very conveniently opened up at williams...

A space has very conveniently opened up at williams...
Lance stroll and his dads money (if they dont look at Force India) could be a fly in the ointment there

Sky sports had a clip, he seems very happy with his decision, he didn't have to wait forever like last time and he wasn't forced out either, maybe he will be back in '18

Earlier if next years car is still useless and Alonso walks ;)

Earlier if next years car is still useless and Alonso walks ;)

I can't see it happening, there will be a financial reason I'm assuming, similar to why Rossi couldn't leave Ducati in the 2nd year and had to struggle through.

No the most exciting race I've ever seen.
Lewis's start didn't help. Would of been good to see him have a better start. Would of made it a more exciting race possibly

It might be my imagination but did Perez take severe evasive action as max dived under him
I reckon Max has now an image that he takes no prisoners

Did see much of max. The only major lunge from a red bull I saw was towards the end was from Ricardo.
But it was a bit of a dull race saw was looking at stuff on line haha

Does bernie go or stay or just thrown a bone and put out to grass
Related to the sale of F1 group to Liberty mc probably announced tomorrow

Yeah caught a bit of this on the radio earlier. Still in power and even richer

2016 FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX

UOznwMJ.png

Singapore
Lap data
Lap length 5.065km (3.147 miles)
Race laps 61
Race distance 308.828km (191.897 miles)
Pole position Right-hand side of the track
Lap record* 1’48.574 (167.941 kph) by Sebastian Vettel, 2013
Fastest lap 1’42.841 (177.303 kph) by Sebastian Vettel, 2013
Maximum speed 296kph (183.926 mph)
DRS zone/s (race) Pit straight and straight to turn seven
Distance from grid to turn one 200m

UK Times
Friday 16th September 2016
Singapore Grand Prix Free Practice 1: 18:00-19:30 (UK time: 11:00-12:30)
Singapore Grand Prix Free Practice 2: 21:30-23:00 (UK time: 14:30-16:00)
Saturday 17th September 2016
Singapore Grand Prix Free Practice 3: 18:00-19:00 (UK time: 11:00-12:00)
Singapore Grand Prix Qualifying: 21:00 (UK time: 14:00)
Sunday 18th September 2016
Singapore Grand Prix: 20:00 (UK time: 13:00)

Previous Winners
2015 Germany Sebastian Vettel Ferrari
2014 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton Mercedes
2013 Germany Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
2012 Germany Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
2011 Germany Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
2010 Spain Fernando Alonso Ferrari
2009 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
2008 Spain Fernando Alonso Renault

Videos
Hamilton 2014 on board
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5emilZhzI70

Alonso 2011 on board
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p69hMREWQM

Facts From Previous Race

Nico Rosberg’s 21st career victory means he is now the 14th most successful driver of all time in terms of race wins. He could move up to eighth on that list by the end of the year.

This was his first Italian Grand Prix victory and one which denied Hamilton a hat-trick of wins at Monza. However Hamilton did set a new record by starting his 181st race with Mercedes power, the most any driver has competed in with a single manufacturer, moving him ahead of Michael Schumacher’s 180 Ferrari-powered starts. Unlike Schumacher, Hamilton has started every race in his F1 career with the same engine manufacturer.

Hamilton also took the 56th pole position of his career and his fifth at this track. He therefore tied the record for most Italian Grand Prix pole positions with five, putting him level with Ayrton Senna and Juan Manuel Fangio.

However Hamilton fell victim to the problem which has dogged the pole sitter throughout this season: he wasn’t able to keep his lead. In eight of the twelve standing starts we’ve had so far this year the pole sitter has not held the lead at the end of lap one. In the first 12 standing starts last year the pole sitter only lost the lead three times, which suggests the change in rules has had an effect.

Nonetheless Hamilton took the 98th podium finish of his career which moves him ahead of Fernando Alonso as the most successful driver on the grid today in terms of podiums. Only Michael Schumacher (155) and Alain Prost (106) scored more during their F1 careers.

This was the fourth one-two finish for Mercedes this season. They cannot equal their record of twelve one-twos which they set last year, despite there being two more races on the calendar. They are close to sealing the constructors’ championship for the third year in a row but cannot clinch it at the next race.

Daniel Ricciardo was unable to score a fourth consecutive podium finish but he did pick up points for the tenth race in a row.

And while Esteban Gutierrez took Haas into Q3 for the first time in their short history, he wasn’t able to score his first points of the year for the team.

Hamilton’s pursuit of Rosberg flagged in the final laps and Fernando Alonso took advantage of a fresh set of tyres to set the fastest lap of the race. This was his first since 2013 and, perhaps more significantly, McLaren’s first since its reunion with Honda.

The last time a Honda-powered car set the fastest lap during a race was in 1992, when their V12 propelled Ayrton Senna to the quickest lap during the Portuguese Grand Prix at Estoril.

In the intervening 24 years Honda powered the likes of Jordan and BAR, and ran their own works team for three seasons, all without ever setting the fastest lap in a race.

Drivers’ Chosen Tyres
1473156210089.jpg

Championship Standings
Jlq3Qvu.png

sgbTfkz.png

Mclarean is in two separate parts financially there is the technical which includes F1 and the car maker
The car division has just announced it is to increase its output by supplying a less expensive sports car than the P1 (can fetch up to 2million) with one for about £135000 taking their output up to 4000 a year eventually
I wonder where Apple will fit in

Docking station in the glovebox? Only for Apple to change the connector on iPods. Again... :p

Mclarean is in two separate parts financially there is the technical which includes F1 and the car maker
The car division has just announced it is to increase its output by supplying a less expensive sports car than the P1 (can fetch up to 2million) with one for about £135000 taking their output up to 4000 a year eventually
I wonder where Apple will fit in
Fernando will no longer be able to talk to the pits as they won't put a headphone jack in the car?

Am I missing out? I haven't watched an F1 race in many years, I just went right off it even though I'd been a fan since 1989. Hell even though I'm a marshal I have no interest in attending one in that capacity.

Should I come back to it, give it another try. Is it still a bit of a procession? The 2CV 24 hour can be more fun.

Am I missing out? I haven't watched an F1 race in many years, I just went right off it even though I'd been a fan since 1989. Hell even though I'm a marshal I have no interest in attending one in that capacity.

Should I come back to it, give it another try. Is it still a bit of a procession? The 2CV 24 hour can be more fun.

There have been some really good races this year, but there have also been some seriously tedious ones as well.

If you watched through the schumacher era this era isnt so tedious
Merc is the dominant team although in trying to keep that way cracks keep appearing
Red Bull has the best chassis but not the PU although reno are going forward in leaps and bounds and could catch merc by the end of the season
Ferrari have a decent chassis and fast motor but are having trouble finding the correct team to get them together but they are getting there
The mid field are very close together
NOW the FIA changes the rules for next season so all that goes to pot and I suspect one team will be dominant next year so it will all start again
As for the argument that the cars are too quiet I have a TV and no matter how loud the cars are they will shut the sound down so I can hear the drivel from the commentators

2016 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX

HakOGaz.png

Kuala Lumpur
Lap data
Lap length 5.543km (3.444 miles)
Race laps 56
Race distance 310.408km (192.879 miles)
Pole position Right-hand side of the track
Lap record* 1’34.223 (211.783 kph) by Juan Pablo Montoya, 2004
Fastest lap 1’32.582 (215.536 kph) by Fernando Alonso, 2005
Maximum speed 323kph (200.703 mph)
DRS zone/s (race) Pit straight and final straight
Distance from grid to turn one 650m

UK Times
Friday 30th September 2016
Malaysian Grand Prix Free Practice 1: 10:00-11:30 (UK time: 3:00-4:30)
Malaysian Grand Prix Free Practice 2: 14:00-15:30 (UK time: 7:00-8:30)
Saturday 1st October 2016
Malaysian Grand Prix Free Practice 3: 14:00-15:00 (UK time: 7:00-8:00)
Malaysian Grand Prix Qualifying: 17:00 (UK time: 10:00)
Sunday 2nd October 2016
Malaysian Grand Prix: 15:00 (UK time: 8:00)

Previous Winners
2015 Germany Sebastian Vettel Ferrari
2012 Spain Fernando Alonso Ferrari
2011 Germany Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
2010 Germany Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
2009 United Kingdom Jenson Button Brawn-Mercedes
2008 Finland Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari
2007 Spain Fernando Alonso McLaren-Mercedes
2006 Italy Giancarlo Fisichella Renault
2005 Spain Fernando Alonso Renault
2004 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari
2003 Finland Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes
2002 Germany Ralf Schumacher Williams-BMW
2001 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari
2000 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari

Videos
Button 2013 on board
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTvZwZaGTtw

Montoya 2002 on board
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2WkPVrglOA

Facts From Previous Race

Mercedes can equal the record for the longest winning streak by an F1 team at the next round of the championship.

Nico Rosberg’s Singapore Grand Prix victory was the tenth in a row for the team, a streak which began at the Monaco Grand Prix. An eleventh win would tie the record set by McLaren between the Brazilian and Belgian Grands Prix in 1988.

However Mercedes have been here before. They also won ten consecutive races between the Japanese Grand Prix last year and the Russian Grand Prix earlier this season. Their hopes of an eleventh ended when their drivers took each other off at the start of the Spanish Grand Prix.

Had that not happened, and one of the silver car gone on to win that race, Mercedes would have obliterated the record. They would currently be on a 21-race winning streak and instead of tying the current record would be on course to double it.

Mercedes’ dominance has made a third consecutive constructors’ championship title a formality. They will clinch it at the next round in Malaysia if they finish the race at least 215 points ahead of their rivals, and they already have a lead of 222.

Rosberg has now won eight races this year to Lewis Hamilton’s six. As there are six races to go, and one of these drivers is virtually guaranteed to become champion, the record for most wins in a season without winning the championship is likely to fall to one of these two drivers.

There have been four occasions when a driver has won seven races without taking the title: Alain Prost in 1984 and 1988, Kimi Raikkonen in 2005 and Michael Schumacher in 2006.

Speaking of Schumacher, Rosberg emulated him by winning his 200th Formula One start from pole position: Schumacher’s came in the 2004 European Grand Prix at the Nurburgring. This was Rosberg’s 22nd career victory, giving him as many wins as Damon Hill, and his 29th pole position, drawing him level with Juan Manuel Fangio.

However Daniel Ricciardo took the race’s fastest lap. The Red Bull driver took the seventh of his career, the same number achieved by Jacques Laffite, and also the 50th for Red Bull.

Ricciardo has never failed to finish on the podium at Singapore since joining Red Bull. He prevented Mercedes from taking a one-two, a feat which no team has yet managed to achieve at this circuit.

As the chequered flag fell Rosberg had just 0.488 seconds in hand over Ricciardo. That’s the closest winning margin we’ve seen at any track since the 2010 Singapore Grand Prix, when Fernando Alonso led Sebastian Vettel home by 0.293s.

Along with Rosberg, Toro Rosso marked their 200th grand prix start last weekend, both having arrived in F1 at the beginning of 2006. The 950th round of the world championship also saw the 100th appearance by Romain Grosjean, although he failed to start the race.

Drivers’ Chosen Tyres
hKyS8XP.jpg

Championship Standings
islBsk0.png

ma0NRlu.png

Right then Lewis, now is the time to stop messing around with your engine and playing silly buggers on the start line. If you are not careful Nico will have this one off ya!

No man has won 8 races in a year and not won the championship (until Rosberg)

No man has won the first 4 races and not won the championship (until Rosberg)

;)

Ha ha - loved Lewis in the post race interview "I could have gone faster".

Let's see if he's been practicing his starts?

D

Well if Rosberg can't win the world championship this year he'll never win it as long as Hamilton is his teammate. I'm sure he won't care but if he does win it will be a hollow victory and down to Hamilton's unreliable car because there's no way in hell he will ever beat Hamilton in a straight fight if everything is equal.

Reactions: BBR
Plenty for the conspiracy mongers to talk about
The be sure to drink radio message to the red bulls after which Max didnt push hard But there was no team orders said honest Horner
Nico's move on Kimi resulting in a 10sec penalty, from where I sat it seemed a weird penalty but I arnt a steward with all the facts and unless they say why I will still wonder why
Lewis's why my engine there are another 8 out there
Is someone trying to make the abudaboo final a cliff hanger That rumors out there already
Yes a lot for the conspiracy crowd to dissect
Loved young max and ricardo battle whilst it lasted Nice to see the macs in the points the Honda is starting to work

Well if Rosberg can't win the world championship this year he'll never win it as long as Hamilton is his teammate. I'm sure he won't care but if he does win it will be a hollow victory and down to Hamilton's unreliable car because there's no way in hell he will ever beat Hamilton in a straight fight if everything is equal.
Doesn't just take talent to win a WDC, luck is as large a part of it if not larger.

2016 FORMULA 1 EMIRATES JAPANESE GRAND PRIX

KTLixA9.png

Suzuka
Lap data
Lap length 5.807km (3.608 miles)
Race laps 53
Race distance 307.471km (191.054 miles)
Pole position Left-hand side of the track
Lap record* 1’31.540 (Kimi Raikkonen, 2005)
Fastest lap 1’28.954 (Michael Schumacher, 2006, qualifying two)
Maximum speed 314kph (195.11 mph)
DRS zone/s (race) Pit straight
Distance from grid to turn one 545m

UK Times
Friday 7th October 2016
Japanese Grand Prix Free Practice 1: 10:00-11:30 (UK time: 2:00-3:30)
Japanese Grand Prix Free Practice 2: 14:00-15:30 (UK time: 6:00-7:30)
Saturday 8th October 2016
Japanese Grand Prix Free Practice 3: 12:00-13:00 (UK time: 4:00-5:00)
Japanese Grand Prix Qualifying: 15:00 (UK time: 7:00)
Sunday 9th October 2016
Japanese Grand Prix: 14:00 (UK time: 6:00)

Previous Winners
2015 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton Mercedes
2012 Germany Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
2011 United Kingdom Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes
2010 Germany Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
2009 Germany Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
2008 Spain Fernando Alonso Renault Fuji
2007 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes Fuji
2006 Spain Fernando Alonso Renault
2005 Finland Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes
2004 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari
2003 Brazil Rubens Barrichello Ferrari
2002 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari
2001 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari
2000 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari

Videos
Alesi 1995 onboard
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNjDwoEnXqE

Senna 1989 onboard
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BoukLE8V7M

Facts From Previous Race

Lewis Hamilton had good reason to be frustrated after retiring from the lead with an engine failure on Sunday.

It followed a string of faults earlier this year. However it was the first time this season either Mercedes had dropped out of a race due to a technical failure.

It may come as some consolation to Hamilton to learn that he has had the most reliable cars during his career out of all of Formula One’s 32 world champions. Sunday’s DNF was the 11th time in his 183 starts so far that he has not been classified due to a technical problem. That’s a failure rate of just 6%.

The driver with the next-lowest failure rate is Sebastian Vettel on 8.7%. The other three world champions on the grid are Fernando Alonso (10.1%), Jenson Button (11.3%) and Kimi Raikkonen (13%).

Nico Rosberg has also enjoyed an excellent finishing rate. In his 201 starts he’s had just 14 non-classifications due to technical problems: a failure rate of 7%. But even if Hamilton’s W07 broke down in each of the five remaining races, he would still have the highest reliability rate of any world champion.

Hamilton’s retirement and Vettel’s first-lap assault on Rosberg meant Mercedes missed a chance to equal McLaren’s record for the most consecutive wins by a team for the second time this year.

The Spanish Grand Prix also could have been their 11th win in a row, but Hamilton and Rosberg collided on the first lap and retired. On Sunday Hamilton’s engine failure scuppered their chances of winning for the 11th race running, although Mercedes power did achieve its 150th consecutive points-scoring finish.

It also postponed their constructors’ championship celebrations. Mercedes went into the race needing only to preserve their existing points lead over Red Bull to seal the title, but against the run of play this year they failed to do that. They will win the title at Suzuka this weekend unless Red Bull out-score them by 23 points.

Daniel Ricciardo joined Dan Gurney, Bruce McLaren and Eddie Irvine as a four-time F1 race winner in Malaysia on Sunday.

With team mate Max Verstappen following him home second, they gave Red Bull its first one-two finish of the V6 hybrid turbo era. Their last came at the final race of the V8 engine era, when Sebastian Vettel led Mark Webber home at Interlagos in 2013.

Ricciardo became the fourth different driver to win a race this year, something we haven’t had in the past two seasons. However for the third year running only two different teams have won races so far.

Rosberg claimed his 20th fastest lap and Hamilton took the 57th pole position of his career. This was also Hamilton’s 100th front row start, something only two drivers in F1 history have achieved, the other being Michael Schumacher. Hamilton has started 56.4% of his races from the front row.

Jolyon Palmer became the third different driver this year to score their first F1 points, joining Stoffel Vandoorne and Pascal Wehrlein.

Finally, Jenson Button marked his 300th grand prix by qualifying and finishing inside the top ten. He is only the third driver in F1 history to start 300 races. Rubens Barrichello did 326 between 1993 and 2011, and Michael Schumacher started 306 from 1991 to 2012.

Drivers’ Chosen Tyres
1474973115618.jpg

Championship Standings
PYMIZWs.png

QH1fq2v.png

Last edited:
It seems as if Lewis has got him self into that negative mindset, much as he was a few years ago when he was having trouble in his personal life.

Social Media is one way to express yourself but so much can be lost in the electronic format. I follow him on both Facebook and Twitter and to me it's pretty obvious, when a statement is made that it's written by his PR team. Their statements are informative and professional, his social media is run well. Having said that there is much more to be gained (in my opinion) from engaging, personally, physically with your fans (and haters)
Over the last couple of years I have found him increasingly distant in his interviews, nothing like the Lewis Hamilton we all came to love when he was working at McLaren and with Jenson Button.
So whilst his profile on social media is very carefully managed I think it would be an advantage for his PR team to encourage Lewis to be more personable in person, if that makes sense.
I'm not talking about all the media but he could do well to court favour with the Sky team for example (Martin Brundle/Jonny Herbert & Damon Hill)
Every time you see him on the track parade he is always distant from the other drivers, he makes himself look un approachable and his answers are always clipped with an edge of something I can't quite put my finger on.
I get that he will have his game face on but so do all the other drivers but they are all happy to mingle and chat freely with each other and to the press.

It may be that he feels out of place given where he came from but he has been in the game long enough and this current mindset and situation WILL cost him his 4th World Championship and hand it to his teammate who whilst good isn't a world championship driver.

I don't think you can say Nico isn't a good driver, but Lewis has a point about the number of failures he's had.
It's almost like someone is rooting for his team mate, I mean, it's not like someone has made comments about collisions being Lewis's fault when they weren't, briefing media about Lewis trashing his room when he didn't, or passed media untrue comments about the drivers relationships...

Lets start the conspiracy thoughts early...

Although it looks good for Nico at the moment (3 seconds and a third in the last four races, i can stand being corrected ) I dont write off lewis yet
Even if Nico wins the championship he will be remembered in 10 years time to the non F1 person as much as sheckter and Jones unless he suddenly starts winning multiple championships To the F1 fan the 2016 championship would be remembered as the year Lewisis car broke down letting Nico win
As for jounalists Lewis should court the professionals and cut out the cut and paste crew
I admire Lewisis restraint with answering the same banal questions over and over again If it was me I wouldnt have walked out I would have lamped someone by now
Lewis must have run over a flock of robins the luck he has had this year Hat off to Nico for capitalizing on Lewisis mis fortunes with some quite remarkable laps

Although it looks good for Nico at the moment (3 seconds and a third in the last four races, i can stand being corrected ) I dont write off lewis yet
Even if Nico wins the championship he will be remembered in 10 years time to the non F1 person as much as sheckter and Jones unless he suddenly starts winning multiple championships To the F1 fan the 2016 championship would be remembered as the year Lewisis car broke down letting Nico win
As for jounalists Lewis should court the professionals and cut out the cut and paste crew
I admire Lewisis restraint with answering the same banal questions over and over again If it was me I wouldnt have walked out I would have lamped someone by now
Lewis must have run over a flock of robins the luck he has had this year Hat off to Nico for capitalizing on Lewisis mis fortunes with some quite remarkable laps

Shouldn't that be 3 firsts and a third for Nico in the last four races?
I think it should be an incredibly exciting finish to the season.
The Japanese race was definitely the best in a long while.

nico is on 313 points 3 seconds give him 3 x 18 = 54 1 third =1 x 15 =15
313+54+15 =382
Lewis is on 280 points 4 firsts give him 4 x 25 =100
280+100 = 380
I could be wrong but thats how I see it

nico is on 313 points 3 seconds give him 3 x 18 = 54 1 third =1 x 15 =15
313+54+15 =382
Lewis is on 280 points 4 firsts give him 4 x 25 =100
280+100 = 380
I could be wrong but thats how I see it

If only Lewis was 2 points behind:dummy:

Anyway, he should have sorted out his starts long before now!

Anyway, he should have sorted out his starts long before now!
It dosnt look that easy to do both nico and Lewis have had there gloves re stitched to help the clutch release so I would guess its a serious mechanical/electrical fault that has a random element on release Next years engines will sort it but its probably not worth bothering with this season as one or the other is going to win come what may

Back