Fancy trying MF? Travelling 6x6

Name
You can call me Sir.
Edit My Images
Yes
When I first got interested in MF Groucho very kindly donated me his Lubitel TLR. I've had great fun with it and started to get out of the digital rut I was in. Now I've bought a Bronica so it's time for the Lubitle to move on.

At first I was going to pass it on to someone to try it out but I thought we could have some fun with it first by starting a travelling 6x6 thread like this one.

Rules will be the same apart from 2 things.

1. I'll pay someone else to develop it, I'll scan the negs and you can get them printed when I return your neg to you.

2. You have 1 week from receipt of camera to take a photo and send it on. There's 12 shots on a 6x6 and any longer than 1 week and the whole thing will fizzle out . It's not about creating the greatest shot you've ever taken it's about having some fun. If you're going to take it too seriously and wait for weeks for the perfect shot this isn't for you. (feel free to let me know if you think I'm being unfair).

Drop your name below if you fancy it, first come first served.

Once it's done or if there's no interest I'll put the Lubitel up for someone to try their hand at MF who has never tried it before.

Kev

by starting a travelling 6x6 thread like this one.Kev

:|......:crying:...................................
2la9bwz.gif

Will it ease the pain if I send you the lubitel to play with Joxby?

Thanks for the offer but no, you can't rely on peeps you don't know.

Good luck..(y)

Put me on the list!
I've really wanted to try MF, and the thought of it is really exciting.
I'm trustworthy and reliable, and I won't keep the camera for year upon year ERHEM DAZZA ;) :wave:

So yeah, definitely up for this. Keep me posted!

Nice idea,

But I'm still waiting my turn on http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=893313. Never seen the camera. Joxby must be pulling his hair out.

Set draconian conditions for buying into this, otherwise you'll never see the camera again.

It's not just dishonesty, its idolence, incompetence, impercipient, and general idleness, I'm sure they know who they are.

Get a deposit, hostage their first born and don't believe a word you are told.

OK well I'll put your name down john-oh, if I'm suddenly oversubscribed I might bump you for someone not on the other list, otherwise your in mate, 3 down, 9 to go.

1. Mojo jojo
2. Food Poison
3. john-oh

Perhaps a refundable deposit of say, £10 to participate?
Could take say, £1 from each person, refund them £9, and that would pay for processing? :shrug:
I don't really know if that would work though...

It will be difficult to supervise, but perhaps if someone doesn't have enough time to do it, they should simply send it on to the next person asap.
It will just take one person to ruin it for everyone else though :(

No need for deposits guys, just integrity.

Put my name down, but take me off if someone else wants it. I've got a 6x6 TLR already and would rather give someone else the chance, but it's still an interesting project.

Also, I can develop 120 film if you want me to do that.

Seems like such a good idea, however (I'm just saying this and hope this one doesn't) whenever I've heard about these Tour De Camera things, something has always gone missing.

How you going to send the camera?

Sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to experiment with a different kind of camera. Put me down for a turn. Towards the end of the year please.

Seems like such a good idea, however (I'm just saying this and hope this one doesn't) whenever I've heard about these Tour De Camera things, something has always gone missing.

How you going to send the camera?

Short of the whole camera going missing there's nothing to lose. I'll put it in a box and send via royal mail. Spec Delivery will be too expensive but signed for costs something like an extra 50p and that way atleast there's some traceability and if it goes walkies then royal mail can cough up for a replacement.

1. Mojo jojo
2. Food Poison
3. john-oh
4. blapto
5. ekimono
6. will69

Halfway there, 6 down, 6 to go.

Can you put m0rph as 7th and me as 8th. So it can be passed in person between us as we know each other. Thanks.

1. Mojo jojo
2. Food Poison
3. john-oh
4. blapto
5. ekimono
6. will69
7. morph
8. zeroeseight

oh go on then. The last time i touched film was 15 years ago (at least) and that with a Praktica 35mm thingy.

In 8 weeks time it will be October, so challenging to get a decent quantity of light - but hey you say it isn't about a perfect picture!

Ben

p.s. Never ever used MF before so this will be an interesting week (to get only 1 pic) when I get the camera!

1. Mojo jojo
2. Food Poison
3. john-oh
4. blapto
5. ekimono
6. will69
7. morph
8. zeroeseight
9. Ben Mottram

Right, nine will do to start with. That's gives us 9 weeks to recruit 3 more. Failing that I'll devise a plan B.

PM me your address Mojo and I'll get the brick in the post to you by the end of the week. Let's get things moving.

I'll post instructions later and film will be whatever is in the fridge, something around ISO400 given the weather lately.

Hrrrm... I would really like to try this. :) Unfortunately I'll be away until mid-November, but it probably wouldn't have done the rounds by then. Could you maybe put me in for the last slot?

Edit: just worked it out my lazy brain, the 11th or 12th slot would be fine :) I'll PM you my address if that's ok.

Just confirming I'm well up for this, zeroeseight has already stuck my name down.
Good luck fellas. :)

Matt

Camera will be in the post tomorrow lunch time as I left home without it. Good start eh.

Ok, I remembered to pick the camera up when I left this morning and it'll be in the post at lunchtime. It's got some fuji superia ISO400 that I found in the fridge and it's wound to the first frame and ready to go.

Here's a quick run down on the controls, there's better ones out there on the web, google is your friend.

2826767947_19ae89408f_o.jpg

1. The focus ring
2. The shutter speed adjuster
3. Self-timer, if you fancy self portaiting it up
4. PC socket for some flash action
5. Aperture indicator
6. Shutter speed indicator

2826790033_d3c1fe4a92.jpg

Okay, in some sort of order of operation,

1. Set your shutter speed with 2 and check it with 3.
2. Set your aperture with 1
3. Focus your picture by rotating 4
4. Cock the shutter with 5
5. Get ready and fire off with 6
6. The other bits are optional. 7 is for a cable release, 8 is for flash and 9 is for self-timer.

2827596742_7ece30c0f3.jpg

Here's the view finder, the magnifying bit will be tucked away so you need to flick it out with a finger nail. Line the magnifying glass up with the ground glass bit (the circle which is up and to the left in this picture) and you rotate the focus wheel until your picture is focused. Alternatively you can look down on the top lens and there is a distance scale telling you how far away your focal point is so you can guesstimate with that.

Be warned, this is a mass produced russian camera dating from somewhere between 1955 and 1982. Don't get hung up on the focus, there are no garuntees with this thing. Think Holga and you'll be somewhere in the right area.

2826761217_aa7dc64662.jpg

2826761081_5cac536ccc.jpg

This is the back of the box. You should always see the arrow as it helps to prevent light getting into the camera. To check the frame number turn the little plastic knob in the directino of the arrow and it will reveal the frame number. Then turn back the other way.

Once you take your photo move the arrow out of the way and rotate the knob on the top right of the last picture nicely cut in half, you will after a few turns start to see some dots which will get smaller, then all of a sudden the next frame number appears. Be careful not to wind it on too far. I would recommend winding the film on before you send the camera on to ensure nobody takes a photo over yours. Do not however cock the shutter, leave that to the next person.

Oh yeah, be prepared for your world to be back to front when you look through the view finder.

Most of all, have a laugh, it's nothing serious.

(Keep all comments about my photogrphy and paint skills to yourselves, I'm very sensetive you know.)

The brick is now winging it's way to Jo courtesy of Royal Mail (£3.30 1st class signed for just so you can all get your pennies together). So You now have to post the camera on the thursday after you get it or before if you're organised (which would instantly rule me out).

did the camera turn up alright Jo?

If you find those better instructions than mine that you were looking for (highly unlikely as it is) you might want to link them here for everyone else foodpoison.

bonjour! just this min walked through the door and the camera was waiting for me, i've been in paris this weekend. i'm gonna take my photograph tomorrow or wednesday and then if whoever is next would like to send me thier address i shall send it on! :)

now to think about what to take!!
x
x

Back