Film Photographer of the Year 2017 - Discussion

12 entries so far with another 6 days left to enter. So far our average is 18.25 entries per month, so another 6 this month would be great to keep the momentum going, although I know this theme is a bit marmite for some people! Hopefully there are a few more people like me that are planning late entries :)

We're on track to get around 219 entries and 942 votes throughout the year if the pace keeps up, which is really good. If we can knock it up a gear and get 250 entries and 1000 votes then it will be fantastic (y):snaphappy:

I'll be entering something before (or on!) the closing date. Lawd knows what though! :confused:

I think we are going to have a couple of hours at the Smallwood Steam Festival, probably on sunday, if any one else is going let me know and we can try and meet up for a natter.

Andy

I think we are going to have a couple of hours at the Smallwood Steam Festival, probably on sunday, if any one else is going let me know and we can try and meet up for a natter.

Andy

I shall toddle along for a bit. Not fussed about time.

I'm relatively sure I've got some thing in the can, soup and scan tonight. Just need to finish the roll this afternoon.

So, two thoughts occurred to me about @Woodsy's current entry... first, if it's 6 points on the licence for using a mobile phone while driving, what was @nikki_s risking from using a RB67 while driving? ;) And I hope Jonathan pressed the shutter, as it appears Nikki did the framing...:D:exit:

Enjoyable afternoon at the Smallwood Vintage Rally yesterday. Good to see Simon & Suz again and meet up with Mr Badger. The flypast of a pair of Spitfires was a highlight.
A very enjoyable afternoon, plenty to photograph and it was good to meet some of the other forum members at last. The weather was kind and the banter was good ("it's not a digital camera!") and I'm looking forward to the next 'meet up' of the Cheshire and North Staffs F&C section! (y)

Last day for entries into May's transport theme, so get those last minute entries in :)

The voting poll will go up in the morning along with June's theme which is forgotten objects.

I'm really struggling to decide which shot to enter! Pondering whether to go for the technically better shot which is actually quite similar to some of the other entries or the technically worse but interesting shot with character which is definitely unique?!?!

It's great to see that, even approaching the half-way mark, the number of entries remains high. The fact that you can "bank" a shot taken early in the year for one of the later month's themes is a big help - I've got shots in the bag that I can use for several future subjects, but I'll still be looking out for better ones right up to each month's deadline.

<Tips hat to @Carl Hall for running the show>

Last edited:
@Carl Hall is it worth using the Report system on those two earlier stickied threads, and also this month's thread? Whatever you tried before didn't work...

All sorted! Thank you to the mod that moved them. The May and June threads are now stickies at the very top :)

no worries Carl - just give me a shout via the @TheBigYin linky and I'll sort them out in future if its easier. I'm just amazed I did it on my mobile phone and got it right - normally when I try and mod something on the mobile I end up banning the person who raised the RTM :LOL:

The results are up for May: CLICKY

If you're wondering what the blue parts are in the left hand column, I've added a new feature. Those that have entered every month so far have their name highlighted blue.

Just in case anyone spots it and is suspicious, I edited the title of this months entry on flickr and it somehow shafted the link for the image in the entries thread. The edit was therefore to fix the link, not change the entry :)

Back