1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. srichards

srichards

Name:
    Suz
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    So voting thread will be up on Tuesday then ;)

ChrisR likes this.
  2. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    After the hangover I had after the works do a few weeks ago, I am never drinking again! I'll be watching the fireworks on the telly with a nice hot chocolate, then going straight to bed :D

RaglanSurf, Mrs Snap and Andysnap like this.
  3. excalibur2

excalibur2 Loretta

Name:
    Brian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Well I'll have another go tonight...it's amazing how many cameras I own just can't say do 8 secs without using "B" and then it's easier with a winder. With the Ricoh K-10 super I can use the shutter speed dial to set up to 16 secs but haven't got a winder for it, so back to the T90 (y)

4. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    But you've already put up your shot for this month (and year), Brian!

5. excalibur2

excalibur2 Loretta

Name:
    Brian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Well Chris for next year it could be a decisive moment when the rocket explodes o_O
    Anyway I'll use a Chinon CP-7m set for 8 sec and has built in winder with a Pentax 24mm-35mm zoom (or Rikenon 28mm) as the T90 is loaded and has 2 more shots left to use up the film.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    RaglanSurf likes this.
  6. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    The final poll of the year is up, and will close in seven days :)

7. srichards

srichards

Name:
    Suz
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I think you have spelled @RaglanSurf wrong in the poll....

Carl Hall likes this.
  8. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Ahh damn. At least if no one votes for this unknown ReglanSurf then the rest of us might have a chance to catch up in the points :D

Doesn't look like I can change it unfortunately, sorry Nick :( Unless this is something that @TheBigYin can help us with? :)

RaglanSurf likes this.
  9. TheBigYin

TheBigYin Staff Member

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    No
    could be ;)

Carl Hall likes this.
  10. dmb

dmb

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    @Carl Hall forgot the magic words - Jaffa Cakes

11. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    4 more days left to vote! There's a chance it might end in a draw for overall FPOTY 2017 winner, which will be interesting as I'll have to saw the prize in half :D

12. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Any chance @TheBigYin could get it featured on the front page so we could encourage some other folk to vote, given it's so tight at the top?

13. Woodsy

Woodsy POTY Winner 2009

Name:
    Jonathan
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Sorry for not entering the comp the last two months guys, I had literally no photos to enter and indeed no time to get out and take any :(

This year perhaps! :)

Mr Badger likes this.
  14. Cobra

Cobra W Staff Member

Name:
    Phitt, Hissy Phitt
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Mark's not about at the moment, so I did it (y)

ChrisR likes this.
  15. Slyelessar

Slyelessar

Name:
    Slyelessar
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Looking forward to the 2018 comp starting!

16. dmb

dmb

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Slyelessar likes this.
  17. dmb

dmb

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Carl Hall likes this.
  18. Cobra

Cobra W Staff Member

Name:
    Phitt, Hissy Phitt
    Edit My Images:
    No
    CraigDHD likes this.
  19. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  20. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Can we unpin the 2017 threads and pin the 2018 stuff now (especially the themes) please? :)

Carl Hall, ChrisR and RaglanSurf like this.
  21. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    @TheBigYin Could you please unsticky the 2017 rules and themes thread, the November theme thread, the 2017 discussion thread and the 2017 leaderboard thread please? And then sticky the January entries thread? Thanks very much :)

22. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Carl, I think the right way to do this is to use the Report feature at the bottom of the posts, rather than rely specifically on Mark, who may be otherwise engaged. Report gets it to the attention of the pool of mods, who can fix the issues between them if necessary.

23. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Mark has asked me to tag him in posts rather than using the "Report" button. Usually I tag him once or twice, then use the report button if he's not around

RaglanSurf and ChrisR like this.
  24. TheBigYin

TheBigYin Staff Member

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    No
    think i've got that right... if not, just yell.

sorry it took a while, just back from work - i may have mentioned that I'm pretty much incommunicado while on site at work - data sensitive area, can't even take my mobile phone into the office!

Carl Hall likes this.
  25. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I think you might have told me this before, sorry!

26. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    So, I wondered what people thought about the idea of a Blurb book (other makes are available also) of the top 3 images each month? I was thinking top image on its own LHS and then second and third on RHS. Those who wanted it would have to pay for their own copies... looks like getting on for £40 one-off price for a 20 page book (30cm square format), which should cover it. We could recognise all the entrants at the back, pop in a word of thanks for Carl, plug TP a bit, and have something to show friends and family.

Regardless of how many people wanted to buy it, this would only work if everyone involved was willing to license their work and provide a reasonably high res image file.

I'm conscious that the last time this was tried it took something like 2 years, yes years, so it's a high risk enterprise. It would be useful if whoever did it actually had some design skills and experience in using whatever software is required. I've done a couple of books with CEWE and Apple software (never Blurb, and couldn't understand it when I tried), and have no design skills at all; it was very difficult to get things looking even half decent, but if we can't find a qualified volunteer I'd be willing to give it a try. (Cough cough postcard project, cough.)

I'm not selling this idea strongly, I just wondered what others thought. Comments?

Edit: actually this is maybe a pretty bad idea, far too many moving parts and too difficult to bring to completion, sorry.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Carl Hall likes this.
  27. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Cheers for that :) I think the rules and themes thread for 2017 can come down too, and any chance you can sticky the 2018 rules and themes as well please? I think it's dropped off to page 2 on the thread list now

28. TheBigYin

TheBigYin Staff Member

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    No
    done

ETA: is there a 2018 discussion thread yet ? if so, shouldn't that get the chewing-gum treatment as well ?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  29. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Yeah can do, cheers Mark. We didn't put the 2017 discussion thread up as a sticky as it was pretty active so stayed near the top, but making the 2018 one a sticky might be a good idea :)

30. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I think it sounds good Chris, I'd certainly buy a copy if the price wasn't crazy. I had a couple of Blurb books last year, and the quality of them is really very good (their customer service is appalling though, in my experience).

31. Woodsy

Woodsy POTY Winner 2009

Name:
    Jonathan
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    :agree:

32. RaglanSurf

RaglanSurf Official Forum Idiot 2013 & 2014

Name:
    Nick
    Edit My Images: