FILM Photographer of the Year 2018 - Discussion

I think everyone will be shoehorning by the sounds of it. No entries posted yet lol

Well I have a towing chain in the garage o_O and my wife has some charm chain bracelets but not very exciting when there are plenty of adverts, that we have all seen, to compare with my amateur shot.

I went to Conway last week and I think I've got a couple of shots that will take no shoehorning at all, just need to scan them.

I’ve got a few (non-shoehorn) shots scanned and ready, but I’m waiting before submitting one. I think I made a poor choice last month, so I’m going to hang on a bit longer while I mull them over.

Mark @TheBigYin used to advise printing off your candidates, leave them lying around (or on a wall) for a few days and then choose. Seeing them printed means seeing them differently, more like others will, I think.

Well, since @steveo_mcg has STOLEN :D one of my back-up ideas for chains, I just hope the roll I need to get finished and processed this week:runaway: has the winner on it :)

Haha, I'm just glad I got it in first I had a couple of other ideas but ran out of time to shoot them. :)

Joking aside, it looks like things are hotting up for the March entries, I've never seen so many new entries appear in one day. :wideyed:

Just reviewed three films with candidate shots on them for this month. It appears I have an OR gate, an AND gate, two bears and a NSFW statue!!!

OMG I've just printed off my two faves and an also-ran, and the world is turning upside down! It really does help look at the images in a fresh way. Good job I've got another day to decide!

OMG I've just printed off my two faves and an also-ran, and the world is turning upside down! It really does help look at the images in a fresh way. Good job I've got another day to decide!
I’ve not done the printing thing but don’t have choices this month but maybe next month.

The poll for March is up and will close in seven days (y) I'll count up the votes and post the results on the morning of Monday 9th April.

H'mm fake is another hard one...got some fake jewellery, but how do you tell from a picture :D

Well I shot make fake entry on the end of March/Chain roll :p, tempted to post today but a sense of decorum and not wanting to put people of voting for it makes me think I should leave it a while... :exit:

Well, that's this month's entry in; an opportunistic find whilst driving home the other Saturday afternoon. Shame the light wasn't a bit better, plus I only had a few seconds to grab the shot as the owner was just about to tow it away by the time I'd got back with my camera! He seemed a very nice chap though and delayed for a moment to let me take a photograph. :)

Mine is hopefully with Filmdev at the moment. Fingers crossed it comes out okay because I don't have a backup shot.....

Mine is hopefully with Filmdev at the moment. Fingers crossed it comes out okay because I don't have a backup shot.....
Best of luck, it's always a slightly anxious time posting them off. (y) Luckily AG Photolab did me proud again; posted Monday lunchtime, arrived back today. :)

I posted some off to FilmDev on Monday, scans uploaded to We Transfer yesterday afternoon (y) Unortunately all my shots were rubbish :(

Filmdev just sent the invoice so the downloads should be here forthwith, very impressive, only posted them yesterday lunchtime. (y)

Luckily I sent mine off a month early. I used Canadian Film Lab this time, so it was three and a half weeks from posting them off to getting the scans!

I also have some 35mm E6 away at Peak Imaging, hopefully they'll be back before deadline day.

Back