Film Photographer of the Year 2022 Discussion Thread

The May entries thread is up, apologies for the delay, I've been rather busy with other things

Thanks Chris, mine is in.

The May poll is up :naughty:

How many choices? Poll says up to 3, trying 3 gave an error saying max 2...

I was allowed three choices, which I took. I did notice that the number of voters after I voted was 3, and the total number of votes cast was 7 - which means the first two cast 4 votes between them - 2 x 2. This might just be a coincidence...

I was allowed three choices, which I took. I did notice that the number of voters after I voted was 3, and the total number of votes cast was 7 - which means the first two cast 4 votes between them - 2 x 2. This might just be a coincidence...
My bad I cast 1 then went off the page and now I can't get back to cast the other 2. :oops: :$ @sirch, can my vote be re-set?

My bad I cast 1 then went off the page and now I can't get back to cast the other 2. :oops: :$ @sirch, can my vote be re-set?
I've got a choice of either, allowing everyone to change their vote or resetting all votes. How about I temporarily allow votes to be changed, you change yours and let me know when you have done that and I set it back again

I've got a choice of either, allowing everyone to change their vote or resetting all votes. How about I temporarily allow votes to be changed, you change yours and let me know when you have done that and I set it back again
Thanks, sorry for the mess up will be more careful in future.

Apologies, I have been really busy and this slipped my mind, I will post the points this evening

Meanwhile I have created the June thread.

Apologies, I have been really busy and this slipped my mind, I will post the points this evening

Meanwhile I have created the June thread.
Thanks Chris, mine's in.

Voting is open for 7 days

The July thread is up

To process or not to process? That is the question.

I've hopefully got something that'll do for tasty on a roll in the camera with 4 frames left of 12. I was hoping to finish the roll this weekend but that didn't happen and I'm away at the end of the week so do I process the roll and get an entry in or skip this month. I hate processing unfinished rolls, really goes against the grain but then a few shots on this roll were just for this month's theme so its a waste either way. Ideally I would shoot some future themes to use it up but as things stand I have neither the light or the time, unless I can think of a winning idea® between now and this evening that can be shot in doors :thinking:

To process or not to process? That is the question.

I've hopefully got something that'll do for tasty on a roll in the camera with 4 frames left of 12. I was hoping to finish the roll this weekend but that didn't happen and I'm away at the end of the week so do I process the roll and get an entry in or skip this month. I hate processing unfinished rolls, really goes against the grain but then a few shots on this roll were just for this month's theme so its a waste either way. Ideally I would shoot some future themes to use it up but as things stand I have neither the light or the time, unless I can think of a winning idea® between now and this evening that can be shot in doors :thinking:
Takeaway time Chris? ;)

May also have a shot in one of two cans. Jobo warming up. Fingers crossed.
The film in tank had to wait till now to go for warm up as SWMBO phoned, car would not start, had to go and find her then home gain to find jump leads. Battery on charge and films in tank warming up.

The film in tank had to wait till now to go for warm up as SWMBO phoned, car would not start, had to go and find her then home gain to find jump leads. Battery on charge and films in tank warming up.
I hope she appreciates your sacrifice here. ;)

The July poll is open for 7 days

The August thread is open for entries

OMG is it the 12th of September! Apologies for not getting the points done. I'll post the results later

Thanks for the reminder @Topsy, thread created

I am away this weekend with limited internet access so I will put the September poll on the thread on Sunday evening. Please feel free to remind me if I forget.

Still enough time to process a roll, dry it, scan and upload ;)

Hi Chris @sirch

I'm expecting a roll of back in the post which I thought might arrive today (but so far hasn't). Do I have leeway to wait until tomorrow, or should I take midnight tonight as the official cutoff?

I've got another couple of shots I can use, but there might* be something more fitting on the delayed roll (I miss the convenience and quick turnaround of Peak Imaging :( ).

Thanks,

* probably won't.

EDIT: I decided to go with one of the photos I already have.

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't get back to you in time @FishyFish, just for future reference I'd be inclined to give people some leeway but happy to go with the majority view of the other entrants

The poll is up, 7 days to vote

Back