First Year of University - My 365

Day 163 - 27/02/2010

Last night's set was awesome, really enjoyed the music. The floor wasn't as packed as we'd have liked, but Marc really enjoyed himself, and despite feeling really ill, so did I.

Today was a good day. Kitt, my hot model mate, is coming down to visit, and while she isn't interested in that way towards me, she's still nice to look at. Bonus is she's a really down to earth girl, if a bit naive. (with her and guys, she goes for form over function and consequently gets frequently let down.)

She drove me home and then I went to a mate's house with the lads and watched Gamer, which to my delight was actually quite good.

4416964119_64d98c94d9_o.jpg

Last edited:
Day 164 - 28/02/2010

Today I had my Legoland induction. It was pretty balls to be honest. Park policies, procedures, health and safety, and introduction to the ABC of Legoland (added value, brilliant guest service, cleanliness) and icebreakers. All a bit tragic really, but hey, at least I'm getting paid. Roll on the next 2 no doubt pretty much exactly the same training sessions.

4416964121_71d289f821_o.jpg

Last edited:
Day 165 - 01/03/2010

What better way to begin the first day of March than by chilling at home with nice food and good TV.

I love cooking in my kitchen at home because it's like something out of a magazine. Seriously, the photograph doesn't do it justice.

I watched 6 hours of Lost today. The here's-where-we're-up-to documentary and the first 5 episodes of the series. Good stuff. And that is all I did today, what a constructive day.

4416964123_d45c06d658_o.jpg

Last edited:
Day 166 - 02/03/2010

Going back to Southampton today. My brother got a new guitar, as he's starting guitar lessons and so I helped him tune it and played him a few simple tunes. It's a pretty nice guitar, and he's happy so that's that.

Open mic night tonight and a few mates are playing. Should be nice and chilled.
Update: they didn't play, there were 4 bands setting up and on the list so the guys felt a little bewildered and so didn't want to play.

4416964125_feb4954d2a_o.jpg

Last edited:
Day 168 - 04/03/2010

Last night was amazing.
Me and Marc turned up to Oceana on our own, and just had a cracking night. We were on the double vodka redbulls with shots of apple vodka to go with, (had about 6 shots in total each, 3 shots, 3 VRB).

He's into the whole pulling girls in clubs things. I'm up for it if it happens but I don't go looking for it because it's just not something I enjoy.
I had to talk to a few ugly girls while Marc got with their hot mate, but that was just a bit of fun. It was really only awkward when they didn't have mates for me to talk to and I had to stand their awkwardly :p

We got back to halls at about 3 and then went over to a party over at another residence, then back to our halls at about 5, and ended up getting to bed about 8:30am :p

From left to right: Charlie, Jon, Marc and Dan

4416986709_0b181dbb13_o.jpg

Last edited:
Day 169 - 05/03/2010

Home again today for Legoland training again.

Went out into town with the lads tonight. Went to the local nightclub, got with a fairly hot girl, had a grand old time, it was all in all a good night out.

As we were waiting for our lift home, Law was shouting at the taxis telling them he was going to fart in them. Then one car stopped at the junction and he ran up to the car and opened the door.
Some nutcase Granddad got out of the car and goes, "What the f*** is going on here!" and my mate Phil immediately dobbed law in, "Mate if you got a problem deal with him!".
Me and Sam were stood there laughing our heads off. The nutter Granddad checked his car because he thought law had scratched it and Phil goes, "He was only messing around mate!" and the guy then goes, strangely, "Yeah, well, so am I!" and then Law pipes up and shouts, "Oh it's alright lads, he's only messing around! No problem eh, he's only messing around!"

Bloody youths of today :D No respect :LOL:

4416986717_3d704d6ce8_o.jpg

Last edited:
Day 170 - 06/03/2010

Legoland training again today. Was okay, this time instead of Legoland induction it was Picsolve sales training and P+P. I 'learned' how to upsell and all about good body language. Another wasted day but hey, money :)

Oh, plus, the most important thing, there were hot girls there :D

4416986727_4b0621e23a_o.jpg

Last edited:
Day 171 - 07/03/2010

Chilling once again at home today. Going to see Granddad in hospital later on.

Reading V Aston Villa today, too. I'll watch it when I get in. Come on urz.

Que cera, cera. Whatever will be, will be. But we're going to Wembley, que cera, cera.

4416986733_5b62376a43_o.jpg

Last edited:
Hope Granddad is comfortable? Interesting few days, look forward to the photos to give them some story-telling context! Shame you cant upload some guitar riffs of yours either!

(Note to Sean: Photo of Kitt...and no images of black car with red lights thanks.) ;)

Day 172 - 08/03/2010

Shame about the Reading score, but we played a good game.

There isn't actually a photo of me and Kitt so I'll get one next time I see her (y)

So instead of having a civil relationship with the ex things have turned south. Her family got involved, slagging me off publicly on facebook saying that she could do so much better than me and that she's so much better than me and all that.
After all the sh** I put up with from her and how I supported her, to be told, effectively, I was a terrible boyfriend was infuriating.

She also joined a facebook group that was titled "Treat your girl right or another man will". Livid.

You should see her new boyfriend though, haha, tragic. He's about 26, receding hairline, more facial hair than head hair, and he lives 3&1/2 hours away in Norwich. They'll be seeing each other twice a month.

If that's not a rebound, I don't know what is. Bless her.

I'm really not upset at all by it, if anything I have a slightly bitter taste in my mouth about the fact that her family thought it was something to do with them, whereas my family would have the decency and respect to be civil and polite.

I had a quality weekend and will have a quality week, as Marc has become friendly with a bunch of the girls on the floor above, one of whom he slept with last night. I fully expect to have a bit of fun with them as I haven't really hung out with a bunch of girls in a while. And by 'bit of fun' I don't mean 'one night stand' :LOL:.

4416986737_73d3a30dbf_o.jpg

(y)

Hear hear Briony. I wouldn't stoop to their level, they will soon get bored. If anything, you can just post photos of you having a good time on yours and leave it at that...
As for the quality of the images, they look rather lomo anyway! ;)

Funny you should say that Viewfinder, I have an App on my Hero called 'FXCamera' and the setting I use is called 'Toy Camera' :p

Which basically processes the images how I like them anyway - super contrast, bit of vignette, sharpened, slight yellow tint :p

It only chucks them out at 720x540 resolution though, bit naff!

Briony, yeah it's a bit sad right! The whole thing is just, for lack of a better word, tragic haha.

Good to see some pics up Sean.

Scariest pic in the entire thread now goes down as #566 (day 168). :shudder:

Day 170 is also a really good 70's self-portrait.

I also like the legoland badge.

Ian.

Now't wrong with 720x540... Falls conveniently under TP's gallery dimensions, though I note you don't use it.
Does the back of the badge have the inverted shape of a lego brick - you could then link together everyone else's badges like real lego. I'm guessing its good, but not that good! :D

Good to see some pics up Sean.

Scariest pic in the entire thread now goes down as #566 (day 168). :shudder:

Day 170 is also a really good 70's self-portrait.

I also like the legoland badge.

Ian.

Haha yeah it's pretty horrific :p

Thanks for the comments :)

Now't wrong with 720x540... Falls conveniently under TP's gallery dimensions, though I note you don't use it.
Does the back of the badge have the inverted shape of a lego brick - you could then link together everyone else's badges like real lego. I'm guessing its good, but not that good! :D

Yeah except should I want to get it printed later it's not particularly good for that (not that it's amazing quality :p)

The badges are actually made out of lego, but a pin is taped onto the back so it wouldn't make for good lego name-badge trains :(

Day 173 - 09/03/2010

Today I did some photography work for my brief 'Promotion'.

We have 3 briefs - the first is 'A Day In The Life', second 'Promotion', and third is self-negotiated, so I've chosen 'City Alive' as my own theme.

For 'A Day In The Life' I'm shooting the mundanity of a dead-end job: Shot 1, hand hitting the 'off' button on an alarm clock showing 6:30am. Shot 2, from behind the model sat in an office cubicle in front of a computer. Shot 3, sat at home on a sofa in the dark watching TV with a microwaveable meal. What I am doing, however, is a montage. On each A4 page will be the same shot but slightly different with a different time stamp on, so slightly different hand position, slightly different seating position or computer program, and slightly different meal, all implying that this guy has no life. Just same crap, day in, day out.

Promotion brief is a bit simpler - Shot 1, Lynx can. Shot 2, milk being poured into a bowl of Coco Pops (gives me a brilliant reason to buy coco pops :D). Shot 3, HTC Hero, suspended in mid-air in the bright sunshine of the park.

City Alive is showing the mostly un-recognised movement of a city. Yet to decide on any pin-point photographs.

Here's the first image I've taken, for 'Promotion'. Idea completely 100% stolen from our very own 'Cherryrig', aka Matt Thomas. Sorry Matt!

4423167399_bf8016c389_o.jpg

Day 174 - 10/03/2010

Today I was hanging like a mo-fo, but I got up and went to uni. Go me!

I got home, ate quickly and then popped on the train to London. Specifically, Camden - Club Koko, where one of my favourite bands Frightened Rabbit were playing.

Me and my halls friend Ben had an amazing time. Frightened Rabbit were, as to be expected, on top form. Passionate, enthusiastic, powerful, emotive, energetic, and professional. Amazing performance. I get such a high from live music it makes me wonder.

I haven't felt such a rush since I saw Radiohead at Reading Festival and they played 15 Step. When Frightened Rabbit played 'Keep yourself warm' as their finale, I was literally writhing all over with joy. It was amazing.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-qZr1uHiwsY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-qZr1uHiwsY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

4423181731_ab9bdbf09c_o.jpg

Day 175 - 11/03/2010

This is the second shot for my promotion brief.

There are a few things wrong with it:
- I missed the focus ever so slightly so the Coco Pops themselves are quite soft
- I didn't notice the prominent shadow behind the box, and should have used a reflector
- I'm not entirely happy with the shape of the 'milk plume'

However, to do this cost me £3, and I didn't want to keep doing it over and over again and wasting a whole bowl of Coco Pops and 2 pints of milk, and so I decided to settle, fix what I could in Photoshop, and go from there.

I just need to back it up quite substantially with research/justification and I'll still hopefully get a good mark despite the minute technical flaws.

4424949682_27ff03f3b9_o.jpg

:) nice catch up, its always funny to see what ex's go to tbh, my ex (split in august after she'd been over in the us for 3 months and found a lad who lived over there) so she left me once i flew over to her anyway... yeah she left me for him only saw him for 2 weeks in their 6month 'relationship' and split up about a month ago :LOL: makes me laugh now so much. [/random tangent]

hope your grandad is ok and you are (looking through and reading all your posts makes me wish i was at uni at times.)

Matt

Day 176 - 12/03/2010

So last night I had a very... odd night. It was really really good, but surprising.

I went out with Marc to a local club called Bliss. I was hammered. Really, really hammered. I ended up seeing all of my ex-girlfriend's hall mates out (my ex had gone home for the weekend). We got chatting, and were chatting until the club shut, and so we walked home. I decided to go into their hall and continue the night.

I found out some very funny and pitiful information:

- They all despise the girl. They find her rude, boring, pessimistic, negative, grumpy and just a downright unpleasant person to be around. One night, one of the guys made an 'I hate' petition and nearly everyone on the corridor signed it in a drunken stupor. Thankfully for Sophie's sake she didn't see it.

- She was good friends with her ex boyfriend and he would regularly come down to visit her. I had no issue with this as I have always been a very laid back chap. The night we broke up, the girls in my halls decided to cheer me up at around 12am and decided that we were going to go to McDonalds by TGI Fridays (if you know southampton). We were in the lift and we were all joking around and as soon as the doors opened, me laughing heartily, there Sophie was with Jack, her ex boyfriend (who I'd assumed had come to comfort her like a friend would do), tears streaming down her face, looking very flustered and even more so when I burst out of the lift, laughing with 2 girls.
I'm sure she soon cheered up though.
Last night I found out from her hall mates that she'd bloody slept with him! The night we broke up!

I honestly (and quite worryingly so) am completely okay with it. I'm not upset, or annoyed, or hurt, I just feel pity towards the girl. They might have been screwing while we were going out but hey, whatever.

Me and a girl on her floor always joked about having sex behind Sophie's back in a completely innocent flirty way. I think I'm going to have sex with her.

4426240525_c6da263cf4_o.jpg

Last edited:
Sounded like a good night and a very cathartic post!
The suspicious side of me thought maybe the hall mates may have been playing devil's advocate and seeing what you might say behind her back, so hopefully you were cool and indifferent! :cool:

Have just spent about an hour scrolling through this, some awesome pictures so far. Some of them describe uni life so well.

Day 178 - 14/03/2010

I met a girl today. She's funny, interesting, really pretty and seemingly interested. I will see how that pans out.

This photo is related to the washing up related frustration in our kitchen.

4426240533_f81d17c4e3_o.jpg

Day 180 - 16/03/2010

Last night me and my friend Kitt went to a few bars/pubs in Guildford, first time I've been there. It looks like a good night out potentially. There was this one bar called Tudor Lounge, and on each of the tables it had light/movement sensitive projectors. There were leaves you could brush around, bubbles you could make, and sharks you could attract. It was really cool. Shame a pint was £3.10.

Took the dog for a walk today in the sun, that was nice. Back into southampton by 5:30pm and settled back into the usual routine of doing b**locks all until bed time, filled in with Call of Duty and cooking.

4439565976_ccbd8157ba_o.jpg

This thread is great! been reading it for a while and its a real insight. Keep up the good work

:LOL: I am not sure I would want to see that!!!

Big white telephone Sean?

Now that you put it that way, I'm not so sure... Though I did double take on the pair of horns that Charlie seems to have grown on top of his head. Either that or the security camera seems to be charged with static electricity!

Back