Flickr?

I had almost forgotten my Flickr account, but after someone contacted me to use some photos yesterday, I thought I would upload a few, and as I was in a rush, I left tagging them and putting them in sets until today. I was very surprised this morning to find one had been Explored, even though it was in no groups and had no tags, which I always read is a prerequisite. Just thought I would add it for those trying to work out how Explore works.

I'm late to the party. Is the door still open? :)

My flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/miatasrus/

Some cracking shots, will work my way back up through the thread and add everyone who I don't have already (which will be a lot).
Whereabouts in BC are you? Hoping to be out there by the end of the year for good, just waiting on CIC! :)

Feel free to add me everyone and if I haven't added you already I will.
Hopefully this is the right link!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/67223829@N06/

EDIT: I've been through and added everyone up to my post. Looking forward to some inspiration, especially for my 365!

Last edited:
Is there a limit to how many contacts you can have?

Just been trying to add all from this thread and got to the last few pages and it suddenly started giving me an error on each contact I tried.

Is there a limit to how many contacts you can have?

Just been trying to add all from this thread and got to the last few pages and it suddenly started giving me an error on each contact I tried.

I don't think so there are people out there with thousands of contacts, a a guess Flickr may have a limit on how many can be added in 24hrs as I'm sure some spam the community and getting at load of contacts could be a way of doing it

As above - just had a quick flick through your photostream. Great work :)

Added you. Some amazing shots there. Loving your light trails!

As above - just had a quick flick through your photostream. Great work :)

Some great shots. Love the 'Light at the End of the Tunnel' shot in your Explored set.

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm trying to improve so any critique will be greatly appreciated! It will be interesting seeing what you guys have to post too!

I don't think so there are people out there with thousands of contacts, a a guess Flickr may have a limit on how many can be added in 24hrs as I'm sure some spam the community and getting at load of contacts could be a way of doing it

I think you're right, just been back through and added more and it was fine.

Hopefully I have got everyone but apologies If I have missed anyone.

Anyone ever had any unusual activity with their photos over at flickr? The reason I ask is that one pic I posted the other day has got over 340 views and seems to rising by the day, my other ones have some views but nowhere near the other one. A glitch perhaps?

Anyone ever had any unusual activity with their photos over at flickr? The reason I ask is that one pic I posted the other day has got over 340 views and seems to rising by the day, my other ones have some views but nowhere near the other one. A glitch perhaps?

Sounds like it made explore!.... Google Flickr scout and put your username in.. It will tell you of it did :)

Sounds like it made explore!.... Google Flickr scout and put your username in.. It will tell you of it did :)

Thanks for the prompt reply,

But flickr scout says:
Sorry, no Explore photos were found for that person. :(

So maybe it is just a bug.

Thanks for the prompt reply,

But flickr scout says:
Sorry, no Explore photos were found for that person. :(

So maybe it is just a bug.

Might be worth checking again tomorrow ..Another guy on here had the same thing and it was explored but didn't show until a day or 2 later....

Have you had comments/favourites as well as views on it?

Might be worth checking again tomorrow ..Another guy on here had the same thing and it was explored but didn't show until a day or 2 later....

Have you had comments/favourites as well as views on it?

I just checked flickr at 10pm and the view count is up to 368 now with no comments or faves, I will check the scout out again tomorrow.

Thanks

Barso said:
I just checked flickr at 10pm and the view count is up to 368 now with no comments or faves, I will check the scout out again tomorrow.

Thanks

Hi.

This has happened to me a few times (the majority of the time it's not made explore!). I had one which had 400 overnight views. If you have a pro account, you can see who the views have been coming from. The other thing to make sure of is that in your settings is that your pictures can only be downloaded by yourself - if it's a popular pic it sometimes gets linked to sites "showcasing" good work and people will then download your pic.

Or it will just show up in explore today (y)

S

Hi.

This has happened to me a few times (the majority of the time it's not made explore!). I had one which had 400 overnight views. If you have a pro account, you can see who the views have been coming from. The other thing to make sure of is that in your settings is that your pictures can only be downloaded by yourself - if it's a popular pic it sometimes gets linked to sites "showcasing" good work and people will then download your pic.

Or it will just show up in explore today (y)

S

Ok, just checked again at 9am, nothing from the flickr scout but views of that certain photo are up to 706 now and still no comments or faves, the thing I find odd is the top of my photostream page says :

Your photostream 31 items / 315 views

If so how does one image get more views than the total photostream views.....my thinking is that something is up with flickr.

I only opened up a flickr account to post images on forums as I was sick of the errors and image not being displayed from Photobucket, looks like I've got another little gremlin now.

Ok, just checked again at 9am, nothing from the flickr scout but views of that certain photo are up to 706 now and still no comments or faves, the thing I find odd is the top of my photostream page says :

Your photostream 31 items / 315 views

If so how does one image get more views than the total photostream views.....my thinking is that something is up with flickr.

I only opened up a flickr account to post images on forums as I was sick of the errors and image not being displayed from Photobucket, looks like I've got another little gremlin now.

It's not necessarily a glitch in Flickr. You've tagged the photo so it may have come up in random searches (as your tag shares the name of an oscar winning film) - one of my pics is called 50 shades of grey - every now and then I get a random spike in views . It may be linked to a page showcasing interesting pics. It may have made the top 500 in explore temporarily then dropped out. Its hard to tell without the stats you get from the flickr pro account. Have you tried a reverse image search (is it the tineye website?)

S

:thinking::thinking:

The photostream is the overview of all your images. The number of photostreaam views is the amount of times that someone has clicked on the "photostream" link (or your username). That is obviously going to be a different figure from those that have clicked on a specific image of yours. Not really that hard to understand if you think about it.

Back