weekly Flyphot's 52 for 2020: Week 52 'Decorate' added

Whites are handled very nicely Jim, great to put it on the black cloth as it makes it really pop.

Thanks Dave, I must admit it took me a few tries to get the whites right!

Very nicely lit Jim Love the colours and detail

Thanks, i'm very much a novice with external flash so i'm quite pleased with how this came out

That's a cracking looking drum Jim.

That's a cracking looking drum Jim.

Thanks, it was a wreck when I got it but fortunately I had a connection with a guy who used to build and paint them for a living (when there were many more military bands than now), he did a genius job on this one and I couldn't be more pleased!

That's very nice Jim. Lighting and processing look good and that's a great drum.

Very nice, well lit, nice background, what sort of stand is it on?

Thanks, I made the stand from a circle of ply and some legs off an old stool

Week 19 - Colourful.

This little Blue Tit is certainly a colourful chap, in plumage and song! Here he is just about to go into his bird box with a beak FULL of grubs.

Well done on spotting the little Bluey Jim, lovely and very colourful little birds.

Chers Dave, I spent quite a while watching him go in and out of the bird box, each time coming back with a beak full of grubs etc - magical stuff.. Took this with the XC 50-230, i'm really pleased with the result given the cost of the lens

Nice image of the bluebird, he looks a bit bedraggled they really have to work hard when they have chicks

Great spot and capture you even managed to catch it with something in its beak. I'd be really happy if that was mine.

Nice image of the bluebird, he looks a bit bedraggled they really have to work hard when they have chicks
Great spot and capture you even managed to catch it with something in its beak. I'd be really happy if that was mine.

Thanks both, yes i'm pleased with this, it took a lot of patience.

Nicely done :)

Here he is just about to go into his bird box with a beak FULL of grubs.
North to Alaska?

Ooops my bad, wrong week :D

Well spotted and captured Jim :)

Great stuff - looks like a successful parent. Just a tad over-sharpened?

Like it Jim.
Interesting to see what that lens can do as it's on my potential buy list.
Very sharp and the oof area is really nice.

Cheers, yep, for a cheap lens it performs pretty well

Music
A good strong image and stands out well against the background.

Colourful
Well at least he's doesn't need to carry a compass to find his way home.

Music
A good strong image and stands out well against the background.

Colourful
Well at least he's doesn't need to carry a compass to find his way home.

haha, thanks much appreciated

Nicely composed shot of a very overworked parent. Well spotted.

Nicely composed shot of a very overworked parent. Well spotted.

haha, thanks Helen, they sound very demanding! the bird box is on my workshop wall and there is a constant chattering and cheeping coming from it.

Love that one Jim and it made me smile too!

Thanks Pete, it's lovely watching them flitting backwards and forwards. We also have swifts nesting in the eaves of our roof and under our porch roof.

Nice shot for colourful Jim. That lens has a nice sharpness and lovely soft bokeh. They are so busy at this time of year. Well done for getting one that stayed still long enough for a photo.

Nice shot for colourful Jim. That lens has a nice sharpness and lovely soft bokeh. They are so busy at this time of year. Well done for getting one that stayed still long enough for a photo.

Thanks Lee, much appreciated

Here's my take on 'Something Old'. and technique B&W. It's not the image I had in mind but I was looking for an image for another project so I thought i'd kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak. This is a rack I made from old horseshoes, for hanging gardening tools.

Last edited:
Back