weekly Flyphots 52 for 2022: - Week 52 'Showcase'

Very nice Jim. The colour of the car makes it stand out nicely and adds a good context.

Week 33 - Square

Someone enjoying the early morning sun at the local farmers market in the town square in Mayrhofen, Zillertal, Austria ...

And a wider view of the market and square ...

Great idea Jim and great shots (I like both of them). I had a similar thought but ended up going with something different.

Great idea Jim and great shots (I like both of them). I had a similar thought but ended up going with something different.

I like both of those Jim. Looks like a lovely place to wander with a camera.

Thanks both - Mayrhofen is a wonderful village at the end of a glacial valley (Zillertal), surrounded on 3 sides by mountains. Great for winter skiing, or summer hiking.

Internal. A nicely composed shot. Looks like an interesting trip.
Square. You have captured that relaxed Austrian market atmosphere. When I was in Graz they were serving wine at 10am at the local market :D

Internal. A nicely composed shot. Looks like an interesting trip.
Square. You have captured that relaxed Austrian market atmosphere. When I was in Graz they were serving wine at 10am at the local market :D

Thanks Helen - yes they like an early drink here!

Great shot of people enjoying themselves in a square. I like the second with the squares in the square (for outdoor chess?)

Great shot of people enjoying themselves in a square. I like the second with the squares in the square (for outdoor chess?)

Thanks Peter, not sure if the squares are for outdoor chess, it's in front of the village church.

Both work well, the implied square of the market and the wider angle shot with square in it.

Pete

Nice Jim. Might see some like that myself soon - off to Austria in September ourselves.

Week 34 - Small

when nature makes you feel very small indeed! A beautiful scene in the Austrian Tirol ...

That's lovely, the perspective, the scale, the colours and the composition.... but it frustrates me a little because my eyes want to pan up and see more. A beautiful scene.

That's lovely, the perspective, the scale, the colours and the composition.... but it frustrates me a little because my eyes want to pan up and see more. A beautiful scene.

Thanks Nick, apologies for frustrating you :)

Good angle and a different idea for the theme.
Looks a beautiful place.

Good angle and a different idea for the theme.
Looks a beautiful place.

Thanks Peter. It certainly is stunning, i'd recommend the Zillertal to anyone for a fantastic summer holiday (or winter skiing!)

I like the small cloud in the distance. Really good image Jim.

Stunning location and lovely image. I have to agree with with @NickD, I do feel the top is cropped slightly tight.

Stunning location and lovely image. I have to agree with with @NickD, I do feel the top is cropped slightly tight.

Thanks Helen, there wasn't much I could do to be honest, out at 16mm full extent. I suppose I could have made a pano with a bunch of shots in portrait, but I had to work with what I had :)

Week 35 Snappers Choice + tech Shadows

Here's another from my holiday to Austria I call 'Walking Through Rattenberg'. I think it's quite interesting and the tech of Shadows seems to fit pretty well ...

Quick off the mark Jim! Really good street photography shot.

Quick off the mark Jim! Really good street photography shot.

Thanks Bill, it was one from my recent trip to Austria, and coming home with Covid has meant I haven't been able to get 'out' with the camera, so an ever so slightly archive shot fits the bill.

Yep that ticks both boxes well!

Nicely done :)

Good image for the snappers and tech Jim, looks a nice clean place.

Thanks Dave. Rattenberg is in Austria (I think it's one of the oldest towns in the country) and it's lovely!

Back