weekly Flyphots 52 for 2022: - Week 52 'Showcase'

I like the perspective and your electric blue idea integrated into this shot give a great imGE.

Thanks Peter, much appreciated

Your processing works well, Not sure about what that equipment is, 3 large wires entering with only 1 small wire out the bottom.

Pete

Your processing works well, Not sure about what that equipment is, 3 large wires entering with only 1 small wire out the bottom.

Pete

Thanks Pete. I'm not sure what the stuff is either, it's in a sub-station not far from where I live. The blue part is actually a lot deeper than it is wide and has some real heavy duty wires coming out of the other side, as far as I remember. I do know that I wouldn't want to get too close to it to have a good look ;)

Looking Up:(y)
That‘s one terrific dog portrait Jim and lovely light too.

Electrical.
A lovely bit of selective colour which makes a huge difference to the way it looks.

Looking Up:(y)
That‘s one terrific dog portrait Jim and lovely light too.

Electrical.
A lovely bit of selective colour which makes a huge difference to the way it looks.

Thanks Pete, appreciate the comments

The selective colour works really well. Great composition too.

Week 39 - (Depict) A Song

Road To Nowhere (Talking Heads)

Bit of head scratching required on this one. Well thought of.

Week 40 - Looking Down

This morning was lovely and misty so I put my camera in the backpack for my cycle to work. Stopped off at a local river beach and took an image of some boats in the mist, and then ..... battery dead! AARRGGHHH! (why didn't I check before I left home and replace it with a charged one?).

Anyway, I did manage to get a couple of mobile phone images for this week's theme, hope you like them.

Looking Down the boardwalk

Looking Down 1.jpg

Looking Down the railway lines

Looking Down 3.jpg

I like both shots Jim. I think that you've chosen he right one.

I feel your pain about the battery, I had it happen to me a couple of times and then started bringing a second battery with all the time...

I like both shots Jim. I think that you've chosen he right one.

I feel your pain about the battery, I had it happen to me a couple of times and then started bringing a second battery with all the time...

Thanks Bill, I was absolutely kicking myself! Lesson learned :)

Love the misty boardwalk shot. Who needs a camera anyway? :LOL:

Edit: I have a friend who walked to the top of a mountain only to discover his SD card was still in his computer.

Love the misty boardwalk shot. Who needs a camera anyway? :LOL:

Edit: I have a friend who walked to the top of a mountain only to discover his SD card was still in his computer.

Thanks. That would be a real kick in the butt to do that! I always check and double check everything if i'm off on a long walk.

Both good shots Jim. I think I prefer the train track one.

Week 41 - Rustic

Rustic driftwood sculptures

I’d quite like one of those horses in the garden! Perfect for the theme. Where is it?

Thanks, this is at a cafe/furniture shop/sofa manufacturers near Budleigh Salterton (It's called The Oak Barn)

Interesting juxtaposition of rustic rural with non-rustic urban.

Thanks Alan

Fab horse sculptures - looks an interesting place.

It certainly is, they sell all sorts of (very expensive) furniture.

Nice idea.
The “animals” and the thatch type roof give it a rustic feel.

I've seen sculptures like this in willow but never driftwood. Impressive and fits the bill nicely.

Just had a few days away in Somerset/Wiltshire/Dorset, and went into a lovely cafe/art gallery in Frome, which is a converted church. I noticed this piece of precision musical instrument above us on a gallery and was struck by the intricate decoration etc ..

Back