weekly FlyPhots 52 for 2023 - Week 42 'Forgotten'

Two good shots Jim. I like the moody feel of your Urban shot and the b&w process of the Hollow shot is spot on.

Urban - nicely captured. It almost looks like the car is heading onto the pavement!
Hollow - some lovely textures that work nicely in mono.

Urban - nicely captured. It almost looks like the car is heading onto the pavement!
Hollow - some lovely textures that work nicely in mono.

Thank you Helen

Catch Up: Week 38 & 39 'Solid' & 'Gates'

Week 38 - Solid

Delicate gossamer becomes solid as a trap

Week 39 - Gates

No explanation needed really

Week 40 - Memory

Each piece of paper is a memory .....

Ah, yes - I have a box of memories like that too. That certainly works.

I am the same a few small drawers full of them. Works well for the theme.

Ah, yes - I have a box of memories like that too. That certainly works.

I am the same a few small drawers full of them. Works well for the theme.

Liking the gate shot, nice mono.
Memories is another well taken image.

Thanks all, I was trying to figure out what to use for Memory, and I happened to find an old photoin a drawer and it suddenly gave me that flash for what to do for the theme.

Yep - nicely thought out Jim :)

Great catchup set Jim, I particularly like the shot of the spider web.

Ah, the trip to WHSmith, or Boots, and the anticipation of the collection, opening the envelope before even getting to the door.

Good that you've kept them all. I disposed of all my negatives some time ago and still regret doing so.

Good that you've kept them all. I disposed of all my negatives some time ago and still regret doing so.

They are all in a cupboard so I have kept them all yes, not sure i'll ever get them re-developed though

Week 41 - Upright

Barriers standing upright in the road at Ironbridge, Shropshire, during storm Babet. Hoping that the Severn doesn't flood here and the barriers remain upright (they are to stop people going near the river, rather than part of an incomplete flood barrier)!

Week 42 - Forgotten

I'm sure some little one will be devastated to have forgotten this today ...

Awww likkle lost bear :oops: :$

Nice spot for the theme.
I'm *cough* in my sixties now, but still can remember vividly the day I lost a soft knitted toy dog I called Jenkins when I was about 3!

Two good shots Jim, love the Forgotten shot, very poignant.

Poor ickle bear :(
The pink of the bear is complemented pretty well by the greens of the background.

Thank you Tim

Back