weekly foggy4evers 52 2013 Below added

Hi ya

OMG...no cute alert :bonk: want one want one... don;t care how shoe horned it is to the theme...I like it lots :)

Time, ahhh, lovely. Bit of a shoehorn, maybe.

Cheers.

Fabulous shot.

I agree on the shoe-horn... but lovely little puppies... might take a bit off the right side and top?? Love the cute little eyes-closed look they have.

:love::love::love::love: awwwwwwwwww

You can send them little babies to me :D Love rotties, even if the current one is a flaming loon :nuts:

All i can say is awww again :LOL:

well shoehorned in, nice pups though so you can be forgiven

Lovely, Ahhhhhhh! :D

Hi ya

OMG...no cute alert :bonk: want one want one... don;t care how shoe horned it is to the theme...I like it lots :)

Thanks all, this is the third litter they have had and I never get tired of photographing then grow.

Shoehorn.......:razz: it's a valid interpretation thank you :dummy:

Juxtaposition - certainly fits with the theme and the contrasting colour certainly pops! Only tweak maybe would be the crop? I think moving the bottle to the left slightly so you can see more background / snow might have worked?

Letter - Nice sharp and shallow DOF, black and white works well too! Maybe moving the 'E' focal point a little more towards the bottom might work from a composition point. But just my 2p! ;)
Nice work & catch up! (y)

Juxtaposition, on theme and nice idea. I like the BG but would prefer it a bit wider.

Letter, nice and sharp and the B&W works well.

Cheers.

Juxtaposition - certainly fits with the theme and the contrasting colour certainly pops! Only tweak maybe would be the crop? I think moving the bottle to the left slightly so you can see more background / snow might have worked?

Letter - Nice sharp and shallow DOF, black and white works well too! Maybe moving the 'E' focal point a little more towards the bottom might work from a composition point. But just my 2p! ;)
Nice work & catch up! (y)

Juxtaposition, on theme and nice idea. I like the BG but would prefer it a bit wider.

Letter, nice and sharp and the B&W works well.

Cheers.

Cheers both, would have liked a wider shot on the first but too many background distractions and not enough snow.

That first turbine is great - on theme on its own - but with an electric sky behind it. :clap:

Bit of motion blur like in the B&W ones would have set it off. But I guess you'd have needed some sort of darkening filter for that to have worked. (Were they even moving at the time :thinking:)

Pups, :LOL:, very very cute, how many more themes are they gonna be squeezed into eh?? Few too many chopped off tails and hands and feet for me.

#1 for electric gets my vote too.
The wonderful sky behind the turbine really makes the scene.

Direction, yes a little crowbarred into the theme but nowt wrong with that ;)
As Graham said, some clipping of paws and tails perhaps let it down a little.

Hi Ya

whereabouts in Yorkshire are you ? Asking cos those turbines are fairly local to me...I used them in Duo last year ? #1 for me...cracking sunset & a great silhoette(sp?) (y)

Letter...E is most definately for Elvis ( the king :D )

Juxta...good thinking here , sharp focu on the bottle...little more detail in the snow maybe ?

Direction....:LOL: you need to put a cute alert on your thread...how gorgeous are they...:love: agree about the clipped bits though

Electric - I think a combination of both shots you'd have had an absolute winner! Sunset with a bit of motion in there would've been a cracker.

Direction - Very cute! Works with the theme too! (y)

love the first electric pic nice sky, direction a bit shoehorned but you do have a point, pity about the clipped bits

That first turbine is great - on theme on its own - but with an electric sky behind it. :clap:

Bit of motion blur like in the B&W ones would have set it off. But I guess you'd have needed some sort of darkening filter for that to have worked. (Were they even moving at the time :thinking:)

Pups, :LOL:, very very cute, how many more themes are they gonna be squeezed into eh?? Few too many chopped off tails and hands and feet for me.

Cheers, The motion blur was using a tripod the other hand held and the blades were moving. I've got a 10 stopper but it would have been too much.

It was difficult getting a clean shot as their dad wanted to play and he was lying under my chest at the time

#1 for electric gets my vote too.
The wonderful sky behind the turbine really makes the scene.

Direction, yes a little crowbarred into the theme but nowt wrong with that ;)
As Graham said, some clipping of paws and tails perhaps let it down a little.

Cheers, the turbines are quite close so I was watching the weather for about an hour before deciding to pop up.

Yes the pups are a little bit of a place mat for me but I might still try something next week.

Hi Ya

whereabouts in Yorkshire are you ? Asking cos those turbines are fairly local to me...I used them in Duo last year ? #1 for me...cracking sunset & a great silhoette(sp?) (y)

Letter...E is most definately for Elvis ( the king :D )

Juxta...good thinking here , sharp focu on the bottle...little more detail in the snow maybe ?

Direction....:LOL: you need to put a cute alert on your thread...how gorgeous are they...:love: agree about the clipped bits though

Location...I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you :LOL:
Elvis is actually named after the Alligator from the 80's series Miami Vice that Don Johnson kept on his boat ;)

The pups will be going to their new homes soon but Elvis will be making more appearances throughout the year.

(y)

Electric - I think a combination of both shots you'd have had an absolute winner! Sunset with a bit of motion in there would've been a cracker.

Direction - Very cute! Works with the theme too! (y)

Thanks

love the first electric pic nice sky, direction a bit shoehorned but you do have a point, pity about the clipped bits

Cheers, I was a little lucky with the sky. I wanted to stay a little longer but my fingers had gone numb as I forgot my gloves.

Hi Colt :)

Electric - You beat me to this One... I knew what I was going to do but didn't get the weather, your shot is a cracker, really like that, the composition is very pleasing and the rotors are at a great angle :clap:

Direction - Awwwwwe bless em :D

Tacky - Nice idea, a deeper DoF would be my preference, but perfect subject

Value - Liking the penny image, lots to look at and certainly value :)

Sunset - Oh Yes... thats very nice, lovely straight horizon, good colours, dark rocks... perfect (y)

'ello, missed a few.

Electric #2 for me. Nice movement in the blades.

Direction #1, cut as a button but :cautious: on the link.

Direction #2. I'm ot usually a fan of branches poking in but they seem to add to this one. Pity the whateveritis lower left.

Tacky indeed Well composed but look at tad bright on my laptop.

Value, like it. Nice detail and the information adds to it.

Cheers.

much btter shot for direction - good POV, plenty of signs to look at - the different directions the streets are going in the background

Tack, on theme but spoilt somewhat by the reflections of the striplights (i presume) over the globe which is the focal point... Presume its a pirate with telescope raised to his eye, but this is obscured by the lights....

and the penny - again on theme, and an interesting story alongside the penny itself..

And lovely colours and smoooooth sky in the sunset.... nice!

Hi Colt :)

Electric - You beat me to this One... I knew what I was going to do but didn't get the weather, your shot is a cracker, really like that, the composition is very pleasing and the rotors are at a great angle :clap:

Direction - Awwwwwe bless em :D

Tacky - Nice idea, a deeper DoF would be my preference, but perfect subject

Value - Liking the penny image, lots to look at and certainly value :)

Sunset - Oh Yes... thats very nice, lovely straight horizon, good colours, dark rocks... perfect (y)

Cheers DK, couldn't get much of a wider dof on tacky as I was already shooting at 1600 iso and didn't want to be asked the question of "why are you taking photos in my shop" :D

'ello, missed a few.

Electric #2 for me. Nice movement in the blades.

Direction #1, cut as a button but :cautious: on the link.

Direction #2. I'm ot usually a fan of branches poking in but they seem to add to this one. Pity the whateveritis lower left.

Tacky indeed Well composed but look at tad bright on my laptop.

Value, like it. Nice detail and the information adds to it.

Cheers.

Cheers Andy, it is a shame about the slight distraction lower left on direction but it was the cleanest pov.

much btter shot for direction - good POV, plenty of signs to look at - the different directions the streets are going in the background

Tack, on theme but spoilt somewhat by the reflections of the striplights (i presume) over the globe which is the focal point... Presume its a pirate with telescope raised to his eye, but this is obscured by the lights....

and the penny - again on theme, and an interesting story alongside the penny itself..

And lovely colours and smoooooth sky in the sunset.... nice!

Thanks, yes the reflections are a pita but didn't want to hang around too much as the gripped D300 isn't exactly covert ;)

hi ya

That Sunset....sublime....love it love it love it...get it printed & framed mister ...:clap:

Direction....yup , suspect this one is bang on theme :LOL: Like the branches (for some reason I'm not totally sure about ) well exposed

Tacky...yukky yukky but right on theme , crits been mentioned

Value...interesting with the words to go with it (y)

When it comes to camera gear could you call me a little greedy as I only shoot for fun :D

Greed by foggy4ever, on Flickr

Lencarta Back ground support kit holding roll of white paper.
Lencarta 2.5m Air damped Lighting Stand x 2
Elinchrom 120cm Octabox, 80cm softbox
Elinchrom D-lite2 x 2
Manfrotto 055xPROB Tripod with Manfrotto 486RC2 Ball Head
Manfrotto 681B Monopod with Manfrotto 234RC Head
Velbon CX 640 Tripod
Joby GorillaPod SLR-Zoom with Joby Ball Head
Lowpro Lens cases 2S, 3, 4
Lowpro Orion Trekker II Backpack
Lowpro Flipside 400AW
Tamrac Expedition 8
Kata T-216 Sling bag
Peli Case 1610
Fuji X10
Fuji S5PRO with Nikon grip
Nikon D300 with Nikon grip
Sigma 100-300 f/4
Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8
Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8
Tokina 11-16 f/2.8
Sigma 50mm f/1.4
Nikon 35mm f/1.8
Sigma 1.4tc
Nikon SB600
Sekonic Flash meter L-358
Yongnu Flash trigger/Receiver
Ebay Remote Trigger/Receiver
Seagull Angle Finder
Kenko 77mmPro1 CPL
B&W 10 Stopper

and lots of batteries/chargers/memory cards/rocket blowers and lots of other bits I couldn't be bothered to put in :D

Great idea!

Now if you were truly greedy you'd have had to use the Tokina!:D

I like the arrangement a lot, and the exposure is spot on considering it's largely a picture of black against white.

Way behind on crit, but looking back up the thread, that sunset really stands out... Beautifully done!

Great idea for the theme - to my mind that is being greedy.... To have all that kit and still have a camera left to take the picture with..........

Inetresting shot too with plenty to look at.

Surely that's not greedy...you must need all that stuff :D

Bang on theme and it has a real product photography feel to it.

I'm liking the lighting gear :wave:

Cheers.

hi ya

That Sunset....sublime....love it love it love it...get it printed & framed mister ...:clap:

Direction....yup , suspect this one is bang on theme :LOL: Like the branches (for some reason I'm not totally sure about ) well exposed

Tacky...yukky yukky but right on theme , crits been mentioned

Value...interesting with the words to go with it (y)

Cheers Blondie, I think the Sunset maybe my next canvas.

Good one! hope next week is "Jealousy". I'm going to post a link to this pic! :LOL:

Cheers, I have a very understanding wife :D

Great idea!

Now if you were truly greedy you'd have had to use the Tokina!:D

I like the arrangement a lot, and the exposure is spot on considering it's largely a picture of black against white.

Way behind on crit, but looking back up the thread, that sunset really stands out... Beautifully done!

Cheers, I did a similar shot back in 2010 for my failed 52 and the kit has grown a little.

Great idea for the theme - to my mind that is being greedy.... To have all that kit and still have a camera left to take the picture with..........

Interesting shot too with plenty to look at.

I cheated slightly as the X10 in the picture is just the case so I could shoot with it as I don't think my phone camera was up to the job.

Surely that's not greedy...you must need all that stuff :D

Bang on theme and it has a real product photography feel to it.

I'm liking the lighting gear :wave:

Cheers.

Cheers Andy, the lighting gear is old, well used and a little temperamental but comes in handy sometimes.

OMG....I'd hate to see what you'd have if you did this photography lark for a living :LOL:

only just a little green with envy......

:D and I still need MORE!!!!!!!!!!

Great Idea colt... and some great kit in there to (y)

Cheers DK and it does all get used just not enough.

Thats a lot of kit for value but bang on theme it does have a lot of value can't argue there.
would have to argue the point about the Capri looking great from any angle especially with that paint job, would pass for tacky for me ;)

Last edited:
Message to self, "when you comment...you need to press sent".

Capri. One of my favourite cars. Cracking colours. I was for #4 initially, but now like the crisp feel of #1.

Cheers.

Thats a lot of kit for value but bang on theme it does have a lot of value can't argue there.
would have to argue the point about the Capri looking great from any angle especially with that paint job, would pass for tacky for me ;)

It was in a HSCC meeting so not an Essex Boy Racer, maybe you would prefer something a little older a Triumph TR2 for example

H'c Road Sports-032 Qualifying by foggy4ever, on Flickr

Nothing wrong with a good shoehorn now and again. Cracking shots there.
Cheers

Love the Capri shots, cracking looking car (y)
It certainly is (y)

You're just trying to test how many ticks I can fit on my spreadsheet aren't you :bat:

:LOL:
:D
Message to self, "when you comment...you need to press sent".

Capri. One of my favourite cars. Cracking colours. I was for #4 initially, but now like the crisp feel of #1.

Cheers.

Cheers Andy, I had an one many years ago although not as old as this one....or as fast.

Love the colour. A great set I think, but I really prefer the close ups, the first and last are winners for me :)

Cheers Chris, the green really popped in the bright sunshine.

Good day out in the sun there foggy... the ones with the spectatrors / marshalls in the BG might have benefitted from a shallower DOF to blur them a bit, appreciate that would have meant a faster shutter but as they're not pans, I would have accepted that trade-off.

My fave from the set you haven;t posted up in here... the one below from your flickr

Ford Capri by foggy4ever, on Flickr

That hits the spot for me. The speed, the crest, the angle, the bright colours. (y)

Hi Colt

OMG...I lusted after capri's in my youth.....& I still have a soft spot for the JPS color schemed ones :love: The 2 close up shots for me...great focus & sharper than a sharp thing (y)

Cheers Blondie, it was an immaculately turned out race car.

Good day out in the sun there foggy... the ones with the spectatrors / marshalls in the BG might have benefitted from a shallower DOF to blur them a bit, appreciate that would have meant a faster shutter but as they're not pans, I would have accepted that trade-off.

My fave from the set you haven;t posted up in here... the one below from your flickr

Ford Capri by foggy4ever, on Flickr

That hits the spot for me. The speed, the crest, the angle, the bright colours. (y)

Cheers Graham, the one you have chosen is a favourite position for shooting, no fences, wheelie bins or marshals in the background.

Rustic. A pint of bitter in front of an old Pub on a wooden bench. No karaoke, jukebox, childrens activity area just peace and quiet.

3/4 the way round a MTB ride with my brother always results in a couple of pints of Bitter. If it had been a Sunday I could have got a game of cricket in the background that is on the other side of the pub in the pub grounds.

Rustic by foggy4ever, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back