Fraser19ka 2015 Photo52 - week 32 updated Support

Edit My Images
No
Hello. I an new to the forum but love the idea of the 52 week challenge. An infantile shot for week 27 (Medicine/Medical) just to get me up and running. Looking forward to the rest of the challenges over the year. Should be fun! Cheers.

View attachment 41158

Hi Fraser, welcome to the 52, it's a little quite in here at the minute, that's a good start light hearted but you have put some thought into it

look forward to seeing what else you come up with

Thanks Als. I used to enjoy the DPS weekly challenges but that dried up fairly quickly as well. I look forward to rifling through your entries.

Welcome Fraser - great starting entry. Nice combo for Medicine but particularly like the little model on top - made me smile. :clap:

Welcome to the merry band of us still going Fraser.
Nicely thought out, funny image.
Could it have been a little lighter though (or would you have started to get distracting reflections?)

Top toilet humour. You've got the props .... got me thinking of an alternative set-up showing more detail of both little figures.

That's some invention Fraser. Nicely themed; b&w suits the subject of course given the power cut. (Hope you didn't have to wait too long for your Pot Noodles)

Hi All. Been a busy couple of weeks so playing catch up. First tie out with the camera for a few weeks so tried to catch up on four weeks during a trip to Lacock today. Words and Support are below. Now to find some tenuous link for Pale and Tear! Will get those up tomorrow hopefully.

Week 31: Words
Struggled to get a nice clean shot as it was quite dark and the house does not allow flash or tripods. Lacock's history with photography meant there were a few choice words being projected.View attachment 43514

Week 32: Support
Was initially thinking of the structure of the Abbey and some of the pillars etc but one of the bedrooms had something a little more subtle.
View attachment 43515

One bonus of being busy recently is i get to have a good look at everyones entries in one sitting! Cheers All!

One more down.......Pale was tricky, despite everything being old and pale at Lacock. I went frenetic in the end, and then went fairly liberal with what I classed as a bucket.

View attachment 43519

Last edited:
Scraping the barrel now. For Tear, I think this beautiful queen may have had her flesh torn from her. Forcibly or by the sands of time. She may have shed a tear if it was the former.

View attachment 43520

Cheers Dark Knight ;) They have all sorts of strange lights in there at the minute. Hunter S Thompson would love it there. For Support, I couldn't really isolate it as you cant really move anything (did consider it for about 2 minutes!) but a sneaky little walking stick hidden away in there.

Hi Fraser. Words: Brilliant. Love the composition and lighting - nicely exposed.
Support: Very subtle take with the walking stick propped bedside. Nice b&w.
Pale: ... or Pail. My attention I think is drawn more to the taps than the pail. Like the mix of textures in the wall and cast bath.
Tear: Well, I think that would certainly have brought a tear to my eye. (I'll have nightmares after seeing this image).

Hi Fraser and welcome ...

Medical is a great shot, I almost didn't spot the figures, well thought out.
Super light on Words, another excellent idea.
I didn't spot the walking stick ....a nice subtle one there for Support.
Perfect choice with B&W for Pale lots of interesting detail in that one,
and Tear as Carl says a scary image ...I guess she did shed a tear or two.

An excellent start ...I 'm sure you'll enjoy the 52's.

Is that really a stick of rhubarb with three matches taped to the top?!??!??

I think you and I are going to get along just fine! [emoji3]

Hey Fraser

Not sure what to think about the stick of celery (you see I know it's not rhubarb) pic, and I seem to have lost track of what theme it's for.

But the last four are just great ... very atmospheric images. I particularly like Words and what you've done with that.

(y)

Religion....

Not in the slightest bit religious. Contemplated a few ides on that but visited Imber Village today and took the easy option. Two shots for this week.

1. Kind of makes sense due to my complete disbelief
View attachment 44668

2. A more traditional churchy type shot. I did like the light behind the alter(?) though.

View attachment 44669

Last edited:
HaHa ... love #1 that dramatic sky, colour, focus and the wonkiness of everything.

I like the quirky #1 - leaning towers, ugly fence and prohibitive sign. Great response to the theme. :clap:

Thanks for everyone's comments. #1 was definitely my favourite.

The church was at Imber village. This was a local village that was evicted by the army during ww1 so they could use it as a training environment. They still use it now but it gets opened to the public every now and then. Not the best place to visit though. I think the out of bounds sign is for the training so they don't shoot it or blow it up. Or there is a local vampire issue that I don't know about.....where is my garlic???

Back