Freddie the seal mauled by a dog...

Just a little. I'm extremely disappointed, wonderful things. Like going into a restaurant and seeing a no dogs or children under 12 allowed sign. Now it's no face covering no entry. Not so good
What has covid got to do with this thread?
you're just trolling....
Covid will kill more people than dogs or kids under 12 and if it bothers you that you have to wear a mask, then don't f*****g go there.....

Last edited:
When it comes to animals people get proper loopy...

Same goes for the "go to Africa and come back with a stuffed rhinos head" type hunter sorts. They get proper animal right eco nutter threats and hate.
And so they should receive hate ( not threats of violence of death).
Killing rhinos is illegal.
Well seen its Saturday night......troll with Steve night......you're so predictable :mad:

Last edited:
interestingly ( or probably not if you're not geeky like me) there was a paper published in Global Change Biology (paywalled, sorry) that reckoned the spread of invasive species worldwide was going to be responsible for a 20-30% loss of bio diversity.
That seems quite a low % to me.

The spread of humans will be responsible for a far bigger loss of biodiversity.

What has covid got to do with this thread?
your just trolling....
Covid will kill more people than dogs or kids under 12 and if it bothers you that you have to wear a mask, then don't f*****g go there.....
**you're**

It was more a comment on the sign of the era we live in.

And you're right, I don't like masks (who actually likes them) so shop online, which negates the problem of noisy kids...sadly not the problem of dogs off leads.

And so they should. Killing rhinos is illegal.

If you mean ‘face death threats’, no they shouldn’t. People shouldn’t make (largely anonymous) threats of physical violence over things they dislike :(.

If you mean ‘face death threats’, no they shouldn’t. People shouldn’t make (largely anonymous) threats of physical violence over things they dislike :(.
No, I didn't mean they should receive death threats or physical violence. But they deserve to get grief and anger towards their actions....

Last edited:
Perhaps honour would be satisfied if people were only allowed to hunt rhino with a bow and some arrows? :naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: Sky
Or they deserve to take responsibility for their actions in court,
Yes, but most have more money than sense, and the threat of a a fine is not likely to deter them.
A bit like those that disagree with the covid rules and would do what they like regardless....

Once a rhino is dead, it is dead.

Really?
Not sure what your point is :thinking:

I'd take that to mean that no amount of fines can replace a dead rhino*. Better to prevent it being killed than to punish the killer.

*If they weren't an endangered species, but wandered in their millions across the plains of Africa then it would be different, but they are endangered and the loss of even a single one may harm the species as a whole.

I'd take that to mean that no amount of fines can replace a dead rhino*. Better to prevent it being killed than to punish the killer.

*If they weren't an endangered species, but wandered in their millions across the plains of Africa then it would be different, but they are endangered and the loss of even a single one may harm the species as a whole.
There's secured parks with folk dedicated to catching poachers and hunters. There isn't a whole lot more that can be done.

Species come and go - I've no real issue with those who seek pleasure in this way. It's not my idea of fun but it is for some and it has no direct impact on other people.

Last edited:
Perhaps honour would be satisfied if people were only allowed to hunt rhino with a bow and some arrows? :naughty:

I guess you may not not know much about bow hunting in the US. If you offered rhino bow hunting (should really be ‘shooting’) tours in the US I think there’d be some takers :(.

There's secured parks with folk dedicated to catching poachers and hunters. There isn't a whole lot more that can be done.

Species come and go - I've no real issue with those who seek pleasure in this way. It's not my idea of fun but it is for some and it has no direct impact on other people.
There are secured ‘parks’ in the US and I think S Africa where one can pay to shoot, essentially captive, animals :(.

I guess you may not not know much about bow hunting in the US.
Indeed there is a very strong bow hunting culture in the US.

If you offered rhino bow hunting (should really be ‘shooting’) tours in the US
There is only one problem with that :D

animal lover

I’ve always hated that term from when I was very young and frequently described as such. One can love your dog (other companion animals are available) and maybe some wild creature you have a relationship with but you can only ‘like’ animals in general IMNSVHO :(.

Hands up those who love tapeworms or those parasites that replace the tongues of fishes ;).

Or punish the killer appropriately so they don't do it again.....(and for the avoidance of doubt, I don't mean they should be executed).

Last edited:
Hands up those who love tapeworms or those parasites that replace the tongues of fishes ;).
The problem is of course the "normal" (?) "animal lover" tends to think of "animal" as a mammal, possibly birds and some reptiles...
They don't realise that the animal kingdom has some other wildly diverse creatures just a fascinating (y)

Shove them all in zoos and monetise the land that they are wasting...

Indeed there is a very strong bow hunting culture in the US.

There is only one problem with that :D

Yeah, I wasn’t clear, I mean sell tours to Americans to bow hunt park rhinos in Africa. But I think they may do exotic animals within the US too :(.

I’ve always hated that term from when I was very young and frequently described as such. One can love your dog (other companion animals are available) and maybe some wild creature you have a relationship with but you can only ‘like’ animals in general IMNSVHO :(.

While you’re right I think there are people who misguidedly view themselves as loving the more charismatic animal species. Witness the death threats against this women’s children, or not in the same seriousness, I’ve been called racist for questioning why the royal parks encourage Egyptian Geese. I can’t think of another explanation why, but it’s anthropomorphism at its best

While you’re right I think there are people who misguidedly view themselves as loving the more charismatic animal species. Witness the death threats against this women’s children, or not in the same seriousness, I’ve been called racist for questioning why the royal parks encourage Egyptian Geese. I can’t think of another explanation why, but it’s anthropomorphism at its best

Yes, it’s odd that some people who call themselves animal lovers don’t love people in the same way. I’m reminded of the so-called ‘pro-life’ people in the US who have killed people in their campaign :(

Why is it odd?
I love animals, I love nature.......and I do love people, just not all of them....

You love earthquakes & tidal waves? Possibly you haven’t suffered from them ... unless you’re a Nikonian :).

Back