The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Thats lovely, if I was nit picking would like a tad more room in the top left had corner if that was possible.

Thanks Graham
I tend to have a rather bad habit, of only using certain crop ratios, but might be able to sort this one out ;)

Something different for me as I'm trying to improve my tabletop photography. This was for a club competition with the theme 'Yellow'.
X-T2 and 18-55mm.

Twin Reflections
by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Very nice Fujigraph, well composed, lovely colours, and a nice well controlled reflection that does not overpower the main image.(y)

George.

Very nice Fujigraph, well composed, lovely colours, and a nice well controlled reflection that does not overpower the main image.(y)

Thank you, George, that's mainly what I was aiming for :)

Love this. Well controlled light

Thank you, Nick.

Lovely job, obviously not missing the Nikon ?

Thanks, Pete. No, I haven't reached for it once since the Fuji arrived. It's hard to say why; just that everything seems more fun and I feel more involved with the process with the Fuji, if that makes sense? It really is time to sell the last of the (very nice) Nikon stuff!

Thanks, Pete. No, I haven't reached for it once since the Fuji arrived. It's hard to say why; just that everything seems more fun and I feel more involved with the process with the Fuji, if that makes sense? It really is time to sell the last of the (very nice) Nikon stuff!

That’s so true of Fuji isn’t it? Makes you want to go out and take photos

A quick one from this morning - taken locally with my X-T2 and an Industar 50-2 lens

Swan at Titchfield Haven by Andrew R, on Flickr

Very nice Fujigraph, well composed, good color and some pleasant reflections.(y)

"I do find the white duck/bird in the top left a little distracting, I don't think it would have hurt to have cloned it out"

George.

Very nice Fujigraph, well composed, good color and some pleasant reflections.(y)

"I do find the white duck/bird in the top left a little distracting, I don't think it would have hurt to have cloned it out"

George.

Funnily enough I cropped it to include that bird - but I might have to rethink now :)

Hey all, looking for a little bit of advice. I'm interested in picking up the 50mm f2. Cant really justify spending more money on lenses but I do have a 18-55 f2.8/4 sitting here doing nothing. Just wondering what this would be worth, and would it be a comparable trade against a 2nd hand 50mm f2?

Last edited:
Hey all, looking for a little bit of advice. I'm interested in picking up the 50mm f2. Cant really justify spending more money on lenses (icked up the 16mm 1.4 pre xmas) but I do have a 18-55 f2.8/4 sitting here doing nothing. Just wondering what this would be worth, and would it be a comparable trade against a 2nd hand 50mm f2?
Could be a straight swap, give it take a few quid.

Hey all, looking for a little bit of advice. I'm interested in picking up the 50mm f2. Cant really justify spending more money on lenses (icked up the 16mm 1.4 pre xmas) but I do have a 18-55 f2.8/4 sitting here doing nothing. Just wondering what this would be worth, and would it be a comparable trade against a 2nd hand 50mm f2?

You will love the 50mm f2 as I got mine when I traded in for the X-T3, will be using them tomorrow for the jazz gig.

Funnily enough I cropped it to include that bird - but I might have to rethink now :)

I like the way the bird is lined up with the string of buoys.

Trying a very rough crop (using my thumbs and index fingers as the frame), I quite like it cropped so the swan's head and base of neck are slap bang on the left thirds points - even though I'm usually an advocate of ignoring "rules"!

Back