The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Thank you kindly Sir, sure is appreciated.(y)

"I'm now mounting the Nikkor lens via an adapter that I designed and made myself which enables me to stop the lens down to the desired F stop accurately and its nothing like the ones that are commercially available. I was using something like the one @Cagey75 said but decided it was not versatile enough so I made my own"

George.

Nice, make me one! :D

You are learning very nicely with the X-T2 Andrea, I do like the Blue Windows shot, good reflections and a nice angle.

Thanks, Dave, my Nikon-trained hands are still instinctively doing some things the wrong way round but it's fun to use and I'm liking the results so far. Yes, I'm glad I looked up to see that blue glass as we could easily have missed it, and I do enjoy this type of image :)

I was stood in that exact spot last Sunday (photos further up this thread).

Salford Quays really is a very photogenic place these days, especially at night.

I used to live there about 15 years ago and it's changed quite a bit.

I'd seen your pics and they were the very ones that inspired me to get up at 5:30 to go to Salford Quays. Your first shot is the one I was after but I just got leaden dawn skies, unfortunately. I might try it as a "fine art" B&W, which is what I try on most of my underwhelming shots!

A snap from a dawn trip to Media City in Salford yesterday. I suspect evening is the best time to shoot here but I was time constrained. Weather was poor and I got nothing exciting, this is the best of a mediocre bunch.

1711_Manchester_010 by Ian, on Flickr

I like this composition. Would have thought it looked best in the blue hour though...get there earlier next time? :)

Just starting going through my pics of Pembrokeshire from last weekend. I hired the 10-24mm from LFH, which I'm very happy about. Sadly, it being a last minute decision, I didn't check out what size of step-up ring I would need (72mm is the filter size) so was without polariser except for a few shots where I held one on by hand (!) and completely without ND filter. But I had a good time anyway. It's early days, and of course you can't see all the detail in a 2048px Flickr upload, but this one shot alone has convinced me that it's a very nice lens. Choosing between colour and monochrome was quite a challenge, as the long grass always looks great in black and white, but somehow the colour had more the atmosphere of the afternoon.

Manorbier light
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Just starting going through my pics of Pembrokeshire from last weekend. I hired the 10-24mm from LFH, which I'm very happy about. Sadly, it being a last minute decision, I didn't check out what size of step-up ring I would need (72mm is the filter size) so was without polariser except for a few shots where I held one on by hand (!) and completely without ND filter. But I had a good time anyway. It's early days, and of course you can't see all the detail in a 2048px Flickr upload, but this one shot alone has convinced me that it's a very nice lens. Choosing between colour and monochrome was quite a challenge, as the long grass always looks great in black and white, but somehow the colour had more the atmosphere of the afternoon.

Manorbier light
If it helps Dave, I find the polariser very hit and miss on the 10-24mm. It's just too wide to get consistent results with using a CPL.

If it helps Dave, I find the polariser very hit and miss on the 10-24mm. It's just too wide to get consistent results with using a CPL.
True, and thanks for the thought. Maybe useful for cutting down reflections on rocks etc, but it probably wasn't a disaster :) I'll have to see how it fared in the ones where I tried a bit of hand application... :D

I'd seen your pics and they were the very ones that inspired me to get up at 5:30 to go to Salford Quays. Your first shot is the one I was after but I just got leaden dawn skies, unfortunately. I might try it as a "fine art" B&W, which is what I try on most of my underwhelming shots!

Great minds think alike !

20171105-172904-DSCF0349-Edit-2-Edit-2-Edit-X-T2-2 by Paul White, on Flickr

I was inspired by the work of Billie Currie : http://www.billycurriephotography.co.uk/portfolio_603542.html

He does lots of stuff like this. I first saw his photo in the AA Landscape Photographer of the Year books. Not to everyone's taste but I really like them.

Last edited:

I was inspired by the work of Billie Currie : http://www.billycurriephotography.co.uk/portfolio_603542.html

He does lots of stuff like this. I first saw his photo in the AA Landscape Photographer of the Year books. Not to everyone's taste but I really like them.

I like Billie Currie's stuff but I took a processing course with Noel Clegg and his approach is a little lighter than Billie's. If my version looks half decent I'll post it up.

Manorbier light

"Excellent" Fujigraph Sir, nuff said.(y)

George.

"Cracking" Fujigraph Sir, really like the mono PP work, pushes all the right buttons in my book.(y)

George.

Cheers George! Very kind. It's probably a bit dark for some tastes, but I'm just weird that way :D

Weird is wonderful Sir, thinking outside the box so to speak usually works real good in my book.(y)

George.

Manorbier light

Not a plane...

Architectural
by jamiewednesday1, on Flickr

3 cracking shots chaps you should all be well chuffed with them.

I can't stop thinking about returning to the X-Pro1 body (again) and keeping my X-T1 and possibly moving on the X-T2.

;)

The X-T1 and Xpro1 were my only cameras for the past 1.5 years of so, I never felt that the T2 had enough extra to offer over the 1 for me personally. The pro1 is gone now though, traded in towards a G80, which will be cool, something different to play with on side. I am sticking with the XT-1, for now though. And will mostly use MF lenses on it.

:agree:

Only suggestion for improvement would be to clone out the fragment of stone in the bottom left corner. But I know not everyone does that OCD kind of thing :)

Last edited:
I can't stop thinking about returning to the X-Pro1 body (again) and keeping my X-T1 and possibly moving on the X-T2 and boost power grip.

;)

I was surprised when you moved away from the x-pro 1, you seemed to get some cracking landscapes with it.

:agree:

Only suggestion for improvement would be to clone out the fragment of stone in the bottom left corner. But I know not everyone does that OCD kind of thing :)

Good spot! I didn't notice on an initial brief glance, was looking more to the mountains, but now that you point it out, cannot be unseen! The teensiest of crops should sort it without losing any quality

So I have put the remainder of my Canon gear up for sale. I picked up the 7D2 & 150-600 yesterday for the first time in months and god it's heavy..... It just reinforces the reasons why I swapped to Fuji. My ruck sack with 2 bodies, a grip, 100-400, 1.4 TC & 10-24 isn't as heavy...

:fuji:

So I have put the remainder of my Canon gear up for sale. I picked up the 7D2 & 150-600 yesterday for the first time in months and god it's heavy..... It just reinforces the reasons why I swapped to Fuji. My ruck sack with 2 bodies, a grip, 100-400, 1.4 TC & 10-24 isn't as heavy...

:fuji:

A positive move in my book Sir, “Enjoy”(y)

George.

Muppetry alert..

I put my X-T2, 18-55 and 10-24 in the Classifieds

Figured I wasn’t using it enough, reviewed some shots taken with it and withdrew it all from sale.

Looking forward to the Firmware update

Can anyone convince me that with the 100-400 it’s usable for Birds in flight.. @Jelster maybe..

Muppetry alert..

Figured I wasn’t using it enough, reviewed some shots taken with it and withdrew it all from sale.

Can anyone convince me that with the 100-400 it’s usable for Birds in flight.. @Jelster maybe..

Certainly is Trevor... I'll link some images.

Thinking about it, if you jump on my Flickr, almost everything in the last year is shot on the Fuji 100-400

Last edited:
Certainly is Trevor... I'll link some images.

Thinking about it, if you jump on my Flickr, almost everything in the last year is shot on the Fuji 100-400

Great. Thanks

Muppetry alert..

"RESULT SIR".:D:D:D

George.

Back