Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Ok thanks. I'll look at a plan b then.

I know the TC is bigger than the WC but I have my T, WCL, remote, charger, spare battery and filters in my mirrorless mover 10.

No more room in it now though...

do many of you guys use flash, if so which one and when?ive been experimenting with a manual flash both on and off camera, think I prefer it off.

do many of you guys use flash, if so which one and when?ive been experimenting with a manual flash both on and off camera, think I prefer it off.
The main thing I always miss when I don't have an X100 is using off camera flash. The leaf shutter combined with flash gives amazing control over ambient light.

Last time I had the X100T I still had my Nissin I40. Not sure how nice it plays with the F though.

Hi Colin,did you use the Nissan off camera,and don't your other cameras use OCFlash? is it because of the leaf shutter you mean?
thanks

Hi Colin,did you use the Nissan off camera,and don't your other cameras use OCFlash? is it because of the leaf shutter you mean?
thanks

Only used the nissin on a lead, so only slightly off camera. I've got a couple of Godox 360's for using off camera.

The leaf shutter means that the X100's can sync much faster than a focal plane shutter, even using the built in flash.

Only used the nissin on a lead, so only slightly off camera. I've got a couple of Godox 360's for using off camera.

The leaf shutter means that the X100's can sync much faster than a focal plane shutter, even using the built in flash.
Interesting,thanks

Thanks Andrew, it's with the WCL ( and I managed to turn the setting on for it too :banana: )

Thanks George, here's another

light and shade at papercourt
by damianmkv, on Flickr

Ordered a 0.9 soft grad and 0.9 ND as I felt I needed something for holidays this month...

"Impressed" I am Sir, another very nice shot, well composed, with great light & sky.(y)

"I've not used my X100s & converter lenses for ages, really must give them another outing"

George.

Last edited:
Here's a question for you lucky X100F owners - does the menu display in the EVF if you are in 'viewfinder only' mode (OVF or EVF) with no way of overriding this behaviour? I find this the single most irritating thing about the X100T, a camera I otherwise really like (the X100 and X100S don't do this). I know that this is a perfectly logical way for the camera to operate, and some people will prefer it (e.g. for stealth), but I'd love to have a 'menu always displays on rear LCD' option, or perhaps an option to disable view modes I don't use. As it is, I'm usually in 'viewfinder only' mode, so I have to press the view mode button once to get to 'LCD only', adjust the menu, then press the view mode button three more times (not too quickly, or not every press will register) to get back to where I started. The 'eye sensor' mode sort of works around this, but means I'm wasting the battery to display the live view when the camera isn't at my eye. I'd happily disable 'LCD only' and the useless 'viewfinder only + eye sensor' modes altogether if it meant I could just cycle between 'viewfinder only' and 'eye sensor' with a single press of the mode button, but on the X100T that isn't an option either. I've tried menu adjustments at eye level, but find them pretty fiddly, though the simpler Q menu helps a bit.

Good point, I would like to know as well.

Many pages ago (or in the x100 thread), back when X100S was new, I had asked whether it is possible to output instant preview to the back screen thus allowing uninterrupted shooting using the OVF like in DSLR. The answer was "this is not possible".

I really wish Fuji have added a menu item to allow the user to clearly define view modes for each of the modes of operation: menu, Q menu, instant review, playback and shooting. Of course keep the View Mode button for quick switches, but they need to separate view modes for each of the modes of operation.

B****r you lot on this thread !!! ("meant in the nicest possible way") :D There I was thingkin' I'd get my X100s & Converter Lenses boxed up and sold as I've not used them for ages and you lot start posting some really "Excellent" images taken on these X100 series cameras. So you've guessed it, the X100s etc is now back in the camera bag and back in service.:rolleyes::)

So here's Just a simple product type shot I did a little earlier in my studio of my X100s & TCL. Shot taken using three studio flash heads, each with a largish soft box fitted and against a white textured background (bit of wallpaper actually). Obviously the shot was not taken on an X100 series camera, hope you don't mind.

X-T1, 105mm Micro Nikkor (D) Lens, 1/180th @ F11, ISO-200, Multi Flash.
Fuji X-100s (2)-02770 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

It's true. Once smitten and all that..
On balance, using the funds from selling the X00t to buy the XT2 wasn't a bad descision - I've been impressed with the improvements over the XT1 and have had a lot of use out of it. But it doesn't stop me missing the X100 as a travel camera. I'm off to a wedding this weekend and it would be great to have just the x100 and the converters with me :)

Fuji refurbished have the F listed for £999 but sadly OOS at the moment. Someone may bag a bargain with the discount code.

Are the built in preset/processing modes (e.g Acros) etc available to apply to the raw file in pp, via Lightroom CC?

I always shoot raw, but it would be nice to be able to apply some of the presets in post very quickly, if I wanted that Fuji "look". Or would I need to shoot raw plus jpg in camera?

Don't own one currently, but eyeing up the F to compliment my D750.

Thanks,
Grant

Back