Fujifilm X-H1

I’m currently out of serious action at the moment, having just spent several weeks in St.Thomas’ hospital (London). I’ve still got about another two-three months recovery ahead of me but after that I’d sure be interested in a meeting. (y)

George.
You've been in a good hospital. My nephew trained there. Behave yourself during your recovery! :coffee:

Get well soon George... (y)

Spent a day in the city and west end yesterday, revisited some of my old shots I took with the 23, and retook them with the 16. Really liking the different perspective it offers. Ultimately a frustrating day though. I'll chalk it down to a bad day at the office

Bloomsbury by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

The City by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

The City by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

Serious question to X-H1 owners, I have had the shakes for many years and always try to keep the shutter speed up but when I have the XF90mm f2 on one of my X-T3s I`m finding I still get the shakes and have to make sure my ss is over 1/250. So question is, would I find the IBIS helpful as if it`s a yes then I might trade in one of my X-T3s. Oh it is not GAS either, I just want more keepers with a slower ss.

Serious question to X-H1 owners, I have had the shakes for many years and always try to keep the shutter speed up but when I have the XF90mm f2 on one of my X-T3s I`m finding I still get the shakes and have to make sure my ss is over 1/250. So question is, would I find the IBIS helpful as if it`s a yes then I might trade in one of my X-T3s. Oh it is not GAS either, I just want more keepers with a slower ss.
I found the X-H1 had a very effective IBIS. Not class-leading but still extremely useful.

I shot without IBIS for decades, but once you get used to it then it's hard to go without. Not used the XH1 but have pondered on it, if it's even anywhere close to the likes of Olympus or Panasonic's IBIS then you will love it. My partner's Dad has serious shakes at times and his photos are always blurry when he's using his phone, but he's used my G80 and couldn't believe how easy it was to get sharp images without much effort - Shooting at 1/15th with decent IBIS is honestly as easy as 1/250th without. If you've used a lens with OIS you'll know how effective that can be, I would say IBIS gives you another stop over most OIS lenses

Last edited:
I found the X-H1 had a very effective IBIS. Not class-leading but still extremely useful.
I shot without IBIS for decades, but once you get used to it then it's hard to go without. Not used the XH1 but have pondered on it, if it's even anywhere close to the likes of Olympus or Panasonic's IBIS then you will love it. My partner's Dad has serious shakes at times and his photos are always blurry when he's using his phone, but he's used my G80 and couldn't believe how easy it was to get sharp images without much effort - Shooting at 1/15th with decent IBIS is honestly as easy as 1/250th without. If you've used a lens with OIS you'll know how effective that can be, I would say IBIS gives you another stop over most OIS lenses

Thank both very much, as I do get the shakes I think I will really consider a X-H1 so will trade one of my X-T3s.

My experience has been that with the X-H1 it's not just the IBIS that helps, the soft, almost vibrationless action of the shutter release also makes a positive difference.

You’re more than welcome to use mine at the meet up Dave. See how it feels

Thank both very much, as I do get the shakes I think I will really consider a X-H1 so will trade one of my X-T3s.

Dave, I take it you’ll be selling the expensive X-T3....... you won’t get a X-H1 for £70 !!!!

Well I popped to Jessops and they had a X-H1 in store so I had it in my hands and actually like the feel of it. So I said to the staff I have a mint silver X-T3 and XF50-140mm and I want the X-H1 and grip plus spare batteries and memory cards and will be picking them up this week. When I got the XF56mm f1.2 I was stupid and just got the XF50-140mm too, so not too much lost.

Well I popped to Jessops and they had a X-H1 in store so I had it in my hands and actually like the feel of it. So I said to the staff I have a mint silver X-T3 and XF50-140mm and I want the X-H1 and grip plus spare batteries and memory cards and will be picking them up this week. When I got the XF56mm f1.2 I was stupid and just got the XF50-140mm too, so not too much lost.

you're swapping an xt3 and 50-140 for an xh1?

It is the X-T3 that I got for 75 quid.

Nice profit! :D

I have a wanted up for an A7RII, BUT, I see Camerajungle have 10% off atm and I also fancy an XH1. I was eyeing one local for a while that comes with the grip and batteries, but I really don't need the grip and with that sale makes the body actually a little cheaper

Nice profit! :D

I have a wanted up for an A7RII, BUT, I see Camerajungle have 10% off atm and I also fancy an XH1. I was eyeing one local for a while that comes with the grip and batteries, but I really don't need the grip and with that sale makes the body actually a little cheaper

Very good profit too, it was either get rid of the lens or the X100F but as I think the lens was a rush buy it has to be that.

Just been on to Jessops, the X-T3 and X100F are going, as I have not really used the 50-140mm yet. So imo I`m getting a great deal as I hardly use the X100F now I have a Ricoh GRII.

You would get much more than they're offering you for that duo, enough to fund another lens I'd imagine. You never get full value trading in. The X100F is worth about £800 used

You would get much more than they're offering you for that duo, enough to fund another lens I'd imagine. You never get full value trading in. The X100F is worth about £800 used

I`m not really fussed if truth be known, I don`t need any more lenses now so will just learn how to use the other lenses and X-H1 together.

I'd give you over a grand for both if you put them in classified!

Thanks for the offer Keith, but as most of my Fuji gear has come from our small Jessops I still like to keep them going.

I think you’ll love the XH1 Dave. Good luck with it

Thanks Nick I`m really looking forward to getting it now, as it felt good in my hands today.

It worked wonders for my photography. I still love picking it up and going out with it

I think you’ll love the XH1 Dave. Good luck with it

:plus1: to that, its probably the nicest APS-C camera I've ever used. :fuji:

"I also have an X-T3 that I've only put about 100 ish shots on, but to be perfectly honest I prefer my X-T2 units (after the X-H1 of coarse)"

George.

This sounds like a positive "RESULT" in my book, "ENJOY".

George.

Back