Fujifilm X-H1

Is that flat as in laying on the floor Nick, or on knees at low angle?

Is that flat as in laying on the floor Nick, or on knees at low angle?
On my knees holding the body low with the screen flipped out. I used the bollard at the junction for protection from oncoming taxis and buses!

Last edited:
Nick, your low angle (and other) XH-1 work is very inspiring!
Thanks Jao, that’s very kind of you. *Edit*- Adrian!

Last edited:
Just having a quick look through this thread, all the low shutter speeds are they hand held shots ? Stunning some of them too.

Not used the XH1 but with the G80 I've managed 1 second exposures hand held, takes a bit of practice. Even if the H1 is close, shots at 1/5 should be very possible without too much effort and anything from 1/15th up you barely have to think about

Last edited:
Nice clear image Nick - but I'm not sure about the two tulips in the foreground
Agreed. Trouble is, I had to crop in quite a bit as the base of the flowers was covered in rubbish. Coke cans, crisp packets etc. I didn’t want to lose too much foreground

Last edited:
Scratch that, went ahead and bought an XH1 body only from CJ.

Looking forward to trying it, have wanted one for ages. I won't actually have any Fuji lenses for a bit, so will be testing out with a Fringer pro adapter and a couple Canon lenses but I'll add a nice Fuji prime soon enough. Thinking on getting another 35 1.4, my favorite lens from last time I shot Fuji. Would be sweet to use that with the IBIS. Apparently it is much improved on the H1 AF-wise too

Last edited:

Looking forward to trying it, have wanted one for ages. I won't actually have any Fuji lenses for a bit, so will be testing out with a Fringer pro adapter and a couple Canon lenses but I'll add a nice Fuji prime soon enough. Thinking on getting another 35 1.4, my favorite lens from last time I shot Fuji. Would be sweet to use that with the IBIS. Apparently it is much improved on the H1 AF-wise too

Nice one and look forward to seeing your shots, I`m still waiting for Jessops to phone and say it`s in store.

Nice one and look forward to seeing your shots, I`m still waiting for Jessops to phone and say it`s in store.

You'll probably still have it before mine arrives, if I'd been more decisive I could have had it by the weekend. Like waiting on Christmas now! :ROFLMAO:

Glad you got something sorted. A shame you won't have it for the weekend.

Reckon if I'd ordered a couple hours earlier yesterday there was a good chance, but it was towards end of their business hours. Something to look forward to isn't a bad thing anyway, no doubt I'll watch a zillion videos on the camera over the weekend now!

That’s a positive “RESULT” in my book, “ENJOY”.

George.

That’s a positive “RESULT” in my book, “ENJOY”.

George.

Cheers, I have always missed the Fuji gear so it will be nice to give it another go. I switched to m43 mostly for ibis tbh, a few months after the H1 came out and I remember being a bit miffed. It was over budget for me at that time though so would have had wait a while to get one anyway. Never too late ;)

Two more TPers this week using the X-H1 units.

As soon as I’m fit enough to get out and about again for some serious togging I shall start using mine a lot more and start contributing to this thread more frequently.

George.

Two more TPers this week using the X-H1 units.

As soon as I’m fit enough to get out and about again for some serious togging I shall start using mine a lot more and start contributing to this thread more frequently.

George.

I did consider the xt2 also as there was a nice bundle with kit lens, grip, extra batteries and leather half case going local for about same money, but ibis got me hooked! Still have my Panasonic G80 so will be fun to compare them

Your hands will be shaking so much, you'll need the IBIS :D:p:D

It was funny really, because he had a quick look at the X-T3 and went off and phoned someone came back and said straight swap and you can keep the X100F, so not a bad deal for a £75 camera :D I am seriously over the moon on keeping the X100F too.

Because a) its the best camera that Fujifilm make and b) its the only camera you now need to take to the London Meet-Up, so you really can travel light (you can leave that X-H1 boat anchor at home........ :ROFLMAO:)

Just put the XF50mm on the X-H1 while waiting for the battery to charge, but I do actually think it will only be the X100F I bring to London with a spare battery and card.

Just put the XF50mm on the X-H1 while waiting for the battery to charge, but I do actually think it will only be the X100F I bring to London with a spare battery and card.

You won't take enough pictures while talking/drinking coffee/swigging beer to need either an extra battery or memory card, the nice thing about the X100 series is that when the battery starts to run low, you can switch to OVF for power saving!!!!

You won't take enough pictures while talking/drinking coffee/swigging beer to need either an extra battery or memory card, the nice thing about the X100 series is that when the battery starts to run low, you can switch to OVF for power saving!!!!

True that, as never run out of the battery when I`ve done indoor jazz even the 64GB memory card has never been filled either so travel light London. First drink is still on me :cool:

Just got back from Jessops and Thank you very much Fuji for a great deal they got in this morning. Came back with the X-H1 and grip and spare batteries, and also get to keep my X100F :D

“RESULT” congrat’s, “ENJOY”.

George.

Last edited:
How many of you use the battery grip? It's pretty hefty with that attached and extra batteries in, not sure I'd use it often. I went for body only, but can of course add a grip at any time. MPB have a tonne of them for under £150 if I do decide

How many of you use the battery grip? It's pretty hefty with that attached and extra batteries in, not sure I'd use it often. I went for body only, but can of course add a grip at any time. MPB have a tonne of them for under £150 if I do decide

its a proper grip. how they should be. nice and chunky and makes it comfortable to hold. but - its dsrl territory in terms of size.

its a proper grip. how they should be. nice and chunky and makes it comfortable to hold. but - its dsrl territory in terms of size.

I had the grip for the G80 which I did like, and much prefered the XT1 using the grip, but the H1 is that bit more of a tank already ... I'll see how I feel about it once I get my hands on the camera. I don't need the boost mode or anything, but better grip for portrait orientation can be really nice

Just a quick question, I have turned off the X-H1 but on the Top screen it looks like it`s still on ?

From memory that’s normal. It’ll have less information than when the camera is switched on

Back