Fujifilm X-H1

Hmmm, might be a good idea to remove batteries when traveling then? It probably barely uses any power but on long journey say, it might

That's very unlikely, I've not been able to use my X-H1 units since before Christmas and the batteries are still well up without any charging.

George.

As long as the battery does not wear down I`m not too fussed, but I`m gobsmacked with the IBIS so can`t wait till I do a indoor jazz shoot plus my Promo shoot is coming up soon.

It was IBIS that had me switch to M43 from Fuji a couple years back, I thought it might just be scratching an itch and I'd be back as quick but it won me over completely. The XH1 came out later but was very expensive at the time so I ignored it pretty much. Now when I'm looking for a new camera it has to have IBIS, some would say that's a bad thing as I may rely on it too much, I say it's a bonus! When I adapt old primes it's great to have that stability. I'm also very anti-tripod, I use a tiny table top pixi mini for when I want very long exposures, and it weighs nothing in the bag. But mostly I make use of IBIS for anything up to a full second exposure. It's great! All cameras should have it :)

Afaik the H1 only offers 3-axis unless you use a lens with OIS that couples with it, the M43 bodies offer 5-axis with any lens, so probably not as effective but still a few stops extra for non OIS lenses, could be the difference between 1/160th and 1/20th which is still great

Last edited:
It was IBIS that had me switch to M43 from Fuji a couple years back, I thought it might just be scratching an itch and I'd be back as quick but it won me over completely. The XH1 came out later but was very expensive at the time so I ignored it pretty much. Now when I'm looking for a new camera it has to have IBIS, some would say that's a bad thing as I may rely on it too much, I say it's a bonus! When I adapt old primes it's great to have that stability. I'm also very anti-tripod, I use a tiny table top pixi mini for when I want very long exposures, and it weighs nothing in the bag. But mostly I make use of IBIS for anything up to a full second exposure. It's great! All cameras should have it :)

Afaik the H1 only offers 3-axis unless you use a lens with OIS that couples with it, the M43 bodies offer 5-axis with any lens, so probably not as effective but still a few stops extra for non OIS lenses, could be the difference between 1/160th and 1/20th which is still great

If the X-T3 had this IBIS we`d all be very happy.

Do we know if Fuji will be putting the later X-T3 sensor in the X-H1?

I have no idea, I don't think there's been any leaked specs for an XH2 just yet. I have heard that an XT4 may very well have IBIS though, it would mean a slightly larger body and Fuji didn't seem to want to stray from the original XT form to date so we'll have to wait and see

@Dave70D sounds like the XH has grabbed you in the same way as it grabbed me. Amazing piece of kit isn’t it? Hope you enjoy it

I'm not sure what's happening with my XH1 order now, as when I click through to track the order it's showing as not dispatched but on 'back order' - wtf? It was obviously available when I clicked to purchase, and it cost me £15 to set up delivery, this all went through so how can it be down as 'back ordered'? Is this simply their way of saying not dispatched yet but in line? I know they might be busy as they had 10% off of everything going on [which to be hnest only brought them back in line with the likes of WEX] but I would have expected it to get shipped by this evening

I'm not sure what's happening with my XH1 order now, as when I click through to track the order it's showing as not dispatched but on 'back order' - wtf? It was obviously available when I clicked to purchase, and it cost me £15 to set up delivery, this all went through so how can it be down as 'back ordered'? Is this simply their way of saying not dispatched yet but in line? I know they might be busy as they had 10% off of everything going on [which to be hnest only brought them back in line with the likes of WEX] but I would have expected it to get shipped by this evening

I hope I`m wrong but Google says this when I tapped in Backordered.

back order
verb
past tense: backordered; past participle: backordered
  1. place an order for (a product) that is temporarily out of stock.
    "the item was back-ordered by our distributor"

I hope I`m wrong but Google says this when I tapped in Backordered.

back order
verb
past tense: backordered; past participle: backordered
  1. place an order for (a product) that is temporarily out of stock.
    "the item was back-ordered by our distributor"

That's what I would think, but it was clearly on there as available when i clicked to buy. There was a bunch of them, and that number has whittled down on the site.

Strange indeed, but hope you get it sorted.

It's annoying as I was going with Wex, but seemed that CJ's 'mint' condition would be slightly better than Wex's grade 9

I guess I'll have to wait at least until Monday, kinda hoped it would actually arrive by then, they promise next day delivery - since I'm in Ireland I expect at least an additional working day, even though it costs me triple the price for postage

Just back from The Marathon and about to start editing. One of my favourite things with street is seeing what I have when I get back. What looks good in camera may well be bad and vice versa.

This was taken at Tower Hill and is a reflection shot. I just wish I'd used something wider for more context. But it at least shows the strengths of the 56. Anyway:

Tower Hill by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

I've taken this narrative from my facebook page:

This is Sam. He's been homeless for 6 years now since his Mum died from MS. Unable to combat his grief he turned to drugs and drink. He has been clean for 4 years now and is desperate to get back to work. As he no longer has a drug habit, he doesn't get the support other homeless people with habits get. He's not seen as having a big enough problem to warrant additional help.

His main goal is to get his teeth fixed after years of neglect so he can be a bit more presentable and then get any kind of job to help him into a place of his own.

He's seen here with Buffy his cat, and Hooch the dog. His constant companions.

Again, I explained what I was doing and got his permission to put the image on social media. He's hopeful it may lead to him getting a break.

This is part of a project that I am engaged in, giving some homeless people a voice. It's the third one I've done and I hope to do many more this year

Sam by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

Last edited:
I've taken this narrative from my facebook page:

This is Sam. He's been homeless for 6 years now since his Mum died from MS. Unable to combat his grief he turned to drugs and drink. He has been clean for 4 years now and is desperate to get back to work. As he no longer has a drug habit, he doesn't get the support other homeless people with habits get. He's not seen as having a big enough problem to warrant additional help.

His main goal is to get his teeth fixed after years of neglect so he can be a bit more presentable and then get any kind of job to help him into a place of his own.

He's seen here with Buffy his cat, and Hooch the dog. His constant companions.

Again, I explained what I was doing and got his permission to put the image on social media. He's hopeful it may lead to him getting a break.

This is part of a project that I am engaged in, giving some homeless people a voice. It's the third one I've done and I hope to do many more this yer

Sam by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

Very nice street style Fujigraph, really liking the PP on this shot and good luck with your project.

George.

How many of you use the battery grip? It's pretty hefty with that attached and extra batteries in, not sure I'd use it often. I went for body only, but can of course add a grip at any time. MPB have a tonne of them for under £150 if I do decide
I've only used my grip when doing things like motor sport,so am usually using the 100-400. I use my 50-140 a lot without the grip and it still feels fine in my hands.

Back