Fujifilm X-H1

I've taken this narrative from my facebook page:

This is Sam. He's been homeless for 6 years now since his Mum died from MS. Unable to combat his grief he turned to drugs and drink. He has been clean for 4 years now and is desperate to get back to work. As he no longer has a drug habit, he doesn't get the support other homeless people with habits get. He's not seen as having a big enough problem to warrant additional help.

His main goal is to get his teeth fixed after years of neglect so he can be a bit more presentable and then get any kind of job to help him into a place of his own.

He's seen here with Buffy his cat, and Hooch the dog. His constant companions.

Again, I explained what I was doing and got his permission to put the image on social media. He's hopeful it may lead to him getting a break.

This is part of a project that I am engaged in, giving some homeless people a voice. It's the third one I've done and I hope to do many more this year

Sam by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

That`s a very nice image of Sam you took Nick, I hope he can manage to get sorted.

Finally got an update email from CJ, they say it is being dispatched today and will be with me tomorrow .... believe that when i see it :D Guess whoever responded didn't spot I was in Ireland. If it's here by Weds that'll do grand. Fringer Pro smart adapter arrived this morning, seems pretty good quality. No better or worse than the Viltrox I have for M43, just the addition of the aperture ring.

OK folks question, a young lady has asked me to do an indoor Promo shoot for her and cameras and lenses in my signature is what I`ve got. The room is very small so I will have to bounce the flash as have the TTL350F and TT685F, would I be best using the XF35mm f2 and XF50mm f2 plus my X100F. Guess the small room is about 8ft across and 12ft length.

OK folks question, a young lady has asked me to do an indoor Promo shoot for her and cameras and lenses in my signature is what I`ve got. The room is very small so I will have to bounce the flash as have the TTL350F and TT685F, would I be best using the XF35mm f2 and XF50mm f2 plus my X100F. Guess the small room is about 8ft across and 12ft length.

I would imagine the X100F + 35 F2 would cover most of it but I would definitely take the 56 1.2 for head shots/portraits

Thanks Keith, so way of thinking then 56mm f1.2 on the X-H1 and 35mm f2 on the X-T3 and like you say take the X100F.
...I was about to suggest a 23mm too, but I think the X100F covers that... Just in case the 35 is too close

...I was about to suggest a 23mm too, but I think the X100F covers that... Just in case the 35 is too close

The X100F has a 23mm F2, 18mm would be more ideal for only 12ft back space but it's the widest he's got I think. For promo shoots I think upper body/head shots work best, unless you want some full body shots showing the musician with their instrument maybe

Last edited:
We are going to be doing two shoots, one indoors and the other outside. So the outside ones I will most likely take the 90mm 56mm and 50-140mm when we do that one.
...talking about the 50-140, my three week old one developed a problem yesterday. When on AF-C if comes up with Lens Control Error, but is fine on AF-S. Anyone else had the same problem?

Clever - I take it that you allowed for the reflected image when focusing

Thanks. I did indeed. As it was so busy, it was just a case of waiting for an interesting composition to appear in the mirrors

Well it looks like I wont be able to use my TT685 Godox at all on my X-H1, very strange as it took me ages to set it up with the Expro transmitter but at least it works on my X-T3.

That’s interesting, be interested to know what’s happening. Not that I use those flash units but something I’d be interested to know about.

George.

Back