Fujifilm X-H1

That’s interesting, be interested to know what’s happening. Not that I use those flash units but something I’d be interested to know about.

George.

As it works with the transmitter on the X-T3 I will use that mostly on my shoot next week, but it is very strange it wont work at all on the X-H1.

What a totally and utter numpty I am, when I was shooting the other day I changed the shutter to ES only. Just put it back to MS and it fires like a dream. Now bring on my photo shoot.
I came in here to mention it may be the shutter! Well done on figuring it out, I did the exact same thing when I got mine lol

What a totally and utter numpty I am, when I was shooting the other day I changed the shutter to ES only. Just put it back to MS and it fires like a dream. Now bring on my photo shoot.

:banghead: :) :) (y)

Out of curiosity I just checked my sensor for dust spots. It's filthy! I've never cleaned a sensor before. Any tips?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Before I traded my 70D for Fuji the sensor was a hell of a mess, so after asking how too I watched a few Youtube videos and did it straight off using about 12 swabs.
Just started watching Youtube now....

My H1 finally arrived, just been getting to know it a little, it feels really weird after using Panasonic for almost 2 years, I keep trying to adjust things with the wrong buttons! Even the on/off switch is reversed :D But I'll get the hang of it

Here it is in Frankenstein mode with a nifty Canon attached. I would have a Fuji lens but Dr. Bills decided to disrupt this, so for now I have this 50mm and a 55-250, I will say, they both perform excellent on the Fringer Pro adapter. Didn't try them pre-FW update, that's the first thing I did for both. H1 is at 2.1 [I believe this is the latest version?] and the Fringer pro at 2.8 and the lenses may as well be native. Honestly the AF is as fast as I'd want it to be. The Fringer is auto-focusing these lenses much nippier than the Viltrox AF adapter I have for the G80 - this is one of the main things I wanted to test, as I love adapting lenses. This cheapo 50mm will negate the need to get a 50 F2, it's plenty sharp enough. And the 55-250 negates the need for the 55-200 Fuji, I had that lens in the past and as good as it is, this cheap Canon is as good besides build quality.

FujiStein.jpg

I thought there was something wrong at first btw, as after changing AF point on the touch screen it wouldn't AF via the shutter button ... realised I have to touch the AF-on side of the screen to get it back to focusing via the shutter button. This is a bit odd, why can't I just choose a point by touch and then continue without having to tap that on the screen?

Love the feel of the camera, it's bigger than the G80 I have by a bit and heavier too but I don't mind that. Love the grip, feels safe, who needs a strap! :D

Last edited:
My H1 finally arrived, just been getting to know it a little, it feels really weird after using Panasonic for almost 2 years, I keep trying to adjust things with the wrong buttons! Even the on/off switch is reversed :D But I'll get the hang of it

Here it is in Frankenstein mode with a nifty Canon attached. I would have a Fuji lens but Dr. Bills decided to disrupt this, so for now I have this 50mm and a 55-250, I will say, they both perform excellent on the Fringer Pro adapter. Didn't try them pre-FW update, that's the first thing I did for both. H1 is at 2.1 [I believe this is the latest version?] and the Fringer pro at 2.8 and the lenses may as well be native. Honestly the AF is as fast as I'd want it to be.

View attachment 243922

I thought there was something wrong at first though, as after changing AF point on the touch screen it wouldn't AF ... realised I have to touch the AF-on screen to get it back to focusing via the sgutter button. This is a bit odd, why can't I just choose a point by touch and then continue without having to tap that on the screen?

Love the feel of the camera, it's bigger than the G80 I have by a bit and heavier too but I don't mind that. Love the grip, feels safe, who needs a strap! :D

Glad you got it mate (y) Watch out using the shutter button, as you only have to just touch it to take a shot.

Glad you got it mate (y) Watch out using the shutter button, as you only have to just touch it to take a shot.

Already discovered this :D it is very sensitive indeed. I had read about it but actually using it is a different story. The G80 also had a very nice shutter, very soft and quiet, but I would say the H1's shutter is that bit nicer, after the initial mis-fires - The EVF is really nice too ... love it

Here it is in Frankenstein mode with a nifty Canon attached. I would have a Fuji lens but Dr. Bills decided to disrupt this, so for now I have this 50mm and a 55-250, I will say, they both perform excellent on the Fringer Pro adapter. Didn't try them pre-FW update, that's the first thing I did for both. H1 is at 2.1 [I believe this is the latest version?] and the Fringer pro at 2.8 and the lenses may as well be native. Honestly the AF is as fast as I'd want it to be. The Fringer is auto-focusing these lenses much nippier than the Viltrox AF adapter I have for the G80 - this is one of the main things I wanted to test, as I love adapting lenses. This cheapo 50mm will negate the need to get a 50 F2, it's plenty sharp enough. And the 55-250 negates the need for the 55-200 Fuji, I had that lens in the past and as good as it is, this cheap Canon is as good besides build quality.

View attachment 243922

I thought there was something wrong at first btw, as after changing AF point on the touch screen it wouldn't AF via the shutter button ... realised I have to touch the AF-on side of the screen to get it back to focusing via the shutter button. This is a bit odd, why can't I just choose a point by touch and then continue without having to tap that on the screen?

That’s positive “RESULT” in my book, Congrats “ENJOY”.

George.

View attachment 243922

nice! not surprised the fringer is working well - it was pretty good with the canon 85mm 1.2 attached and thats one hell of sluggish lens. Enjoy!

That’s positive “RESULT” in my book, Congrats “ENJOY”.

George.

Will do, cheers :)

I have LR set up nicely for H1 files now too. By default, for whatever mad reason, it had sharpen set to 40! Woah ... I've fiddled about with a couple of files and 20 is the max sharpening you'd ever need for these RAFs IMHO. And with some masking with that. I wonder how many people leave it at the default and then complain that LR messes Fuji files up?

nice! not surprised the fringer is working well - it was pretty good with the canon 85mm 1.2 attached and thats one hell of sluggish lens. Enjoy!

I don't know what it was like pre-latest FW, probably should have done a comparison! but after this FW it's very good. I'd be surprised if Canon APSC bodies were any faster with the same lenses. The 85mm 1.8 and the cheap and cheerful 10-18 are 2 others I would love to try. But I think I might have to reunite with one of my old favorites beforehand, the good old Fujifilm 35mm 1.4 - love that thing

The X-H1’s shutter button goes hand in hand with that of the G9, super sensitive... it’s why I got rid of the G9 so maybe I won’t add the X-H1 after all.

I’ve never used the AF via the screen selection only with the joy stick, and it certainly auto focusses without touching the screen and via the shutter button that way.

George.

Last edited:
The X-H1’s shutter button goes hand in hand with that of the G9, super sensitive... it’s why I got rid of the G9 so maybe I won’t add the X-H1 after all.

Honestly, I got used to it after 2 minutes, I popped off a few blanks when I first booted it up because I wasn't expecting it to be so sensitive. But once you know, I can easily hover the shutter half-press no problem already.

I’ve never used the AF via the screen selection only with the joy stick, and it certainly auto focusses that way without touching the screen and via the shutter button that way.

George.

I like to use touch AF [but not shoot] when my main subject is off centre, it's quicker than the joystick [which I do like] but I'm used to doing this and then it'll AF using the shutter button from there. I can't see a way to do this on the H1, I'm sure there'll be a setting for it, will look into it

Last edited:
I don't know what it was like pre-latest FW, probably should have done a comparison! but after this FW it's very good. I'd be surprised if Canon APSC bodies were any faster with the same lenses. The 85mm 1.8 and the cheap and cheerful 10-18 are 2 others I would love to try. But I think I might have to reunite with one of my old favorites beforehand, the good old Fujifilm 35mm 1.4 - love that thing

there is a mark ii fringer coming out soon. its probably the best adapter ive used.

I’ve got a pre order in for the Mark II fringer........

there is a mark ii fringer coming out soon. its probably the best adapter ive used.

Seen that, I think the main difference is the aperture ring is thicker, people complained it was too thin and fiddly [too close tucked in to the body] on the mk1 - I've already gotten into the habit of using my left hand middle finger to adjust it from underneath when cupping the lens. It will also be better compatible with more up-to date lenses and maybe some older ones that weren't on the original list. I know the 100mm macro isn't on the mk1 list, some do use it but complain the AF is bad

I can say that the mk1 I have has no rattle or movement, feels like it's part of the lens when attached - so it actually improves on lenses like the 55-250 which has a plastic mount. The lens feels much better with the Fringer attached, it did so with the Viltrox too, I'd say they're both built very well. If you really grabbed it and tugged at it [why would you :D ] you'll feel a little movement but no more than if you done same with a lens solo. What separates it from the Viltrox is performance, the 50mm is quieter on this than the Viltrox! sounds like an old Nikon D series lens on that! And the AF is much more confident

[edit] Think I've figured out the touch to focus thing, you don't need to half press to re-focus after touching the point you want, you just click the shutter like BBF, once I get used to this it'll actually be better I think!

Last edited:
Hello,

A few years ago I had some boxes stolen from my garage (the thief obviously thought they were full), and then subsequently returned by the powers that be.

The boxes are for the following;
XF 23mm f1.4
XF 35mm f1.4
XF 10-24mm
XF 27mm f2. 8
XE-2 with XF18-55mm lens.

The 23mm box is slightly tatty, all the others are either very good or excellent. The soft pouches are missing from the lens boxes, the inserts and other paperwork are there.
It was just a thought that if you had the equivalent lens/camera but did not have the box, it may well increase the sales value?
If of interest, drop me a line, and we can try to get something sorted out.

Back in the Fuji Club.. was at the WEX Open day - £999.99 for the kit and picked up a Mint 23mm f1.4 for £525.
Good brand new deals though on other kit - £658 for a 16-55, and £586 for a 16mm f1.4 along with £614 for a 56mm f1.2 stood out in particular, I'm almost tempted to go back for a 16mm or 16-55 at those prices....

“Excellent” set of images, you seem to be settling in very well with the new X-H1.

George.

Cheers George, I'm at home with the files themselves it's the camera itself I just time to get to know, I now have it set how I like it . . . I think! ;)

Back in the Fuji Club.. was at the WEX Open day - £999.99 for the kit and picked up a Mint 23mm f1.4 for £525.
Good brand new deals though on other kit - £658 for a 16-55, and £586 for a 16mm f1.4 along with £614 for a 56mm f1.2 stood out in particular, I'm almost tempted to go back for a 16mm or 16-55 at those prices....

Would love the 16-55, but it's gonna make for a pretty hefty combination with camera and grip! The body alone even with a light 50mm attached feels heavy enough to me after using much lighter cameras for so long. It feels good and solid and I love the default grip on the body, but you'll know you're holding it after a while

Hi Chris. I'm after an X-H1 - £999 is a great price! was that with the grip as well or just camera?

16mm is a no brainer at that price.

That’s a positive “RESULT” in my book, “ENJOY”.

George.

When I traded my £75 X-T3 in for the X-H1 and grip the price that day was £999 in Jessops.
Thats a great price. As nothing is available on here at the moment used, i was going to buy new, but i think as there are deals to be had I may be better off waiting.

Thats a great price. As nothing is available on here at the moment used, i was going to buy new, but i think as there are deals to be had I may be better off waiting.

If you can find body only in like new condition for around £800 then the likes of MPB have the grip in also 'like new' condition for £139. I bought my XH-1 used but "mint" and besides not having the box, it really is like new. I couldn't find a mark on it, looked like it had barely been touched. I bought mine from Camera Jungle when they had the 10% off sale, it was originally £897 for body only, so I paid just over 800 + postage. They had it labelled as 'mint' - a term I hate people using for used gear, but they were true to their word on that. The 10% off deal is finished atm, but the likes of WEX and MPB do have them in top condition too.

XH1 grip: https://www.mpb.com/en-uk/search/?www-product-search=Fujifilm+X-H1+Vertical+Grip+[VPB-XH1]&www-department=all

Last edited:
Not actually a Lounge Fly, I just liked the name. Heavy crop, just testing things out, was a bit short on the focal length at 70mm [had been doing some flower close ups, normally for bugs I'd be at 100mm+] using a Raynox on a 55-250 lens, but this did help keep more of the little bugger in focus

Fuji X-H1, fringer pro adapter, Canon 55-250 + Raynox 250 @70mm - diffused off cam flash used. Classic Chrome profile used in LR with some basic tweaks, just to see how it might work for macro, I like it!
Lounge Fly by K G, on Flickr

Last edited:
Not actually a Lounge Fly, I just liked the name. Heavy crop, just testing things out, was a bit short on the focal length at 70mm [had been doing some flower close ups, normally for bugs I'd be at 100mm+] using a Raynox on a 55-250 lens, but this did help keep more of the little bugger in focus

Fuji X-H1, fringer pro adapter, Canon 55-250 + Raynox 250 @70mm - diffused off cam flash used. Classic Chrome profile used in LR with some basic tweaks, just to see how it might work for macro, I like it!
Lounge Fly by K G, on Flickr

See your getting the hung of the X-H1, great shot.

Would love the 16-55, but it's gonna make for a pretty hefty combination with camera and grip! The body alone even with a light 50mm attached feels heavy enough to me after using much lighter cameras for so long. It feels good and solid and I love the default grip on the body, but you'll know you're holding it after a while

Its unlikely I'll use the grip much and if I do its for either motorsport or days where I'm working off the tripod.

Hi Chris. I'm after an X-H1 - £999 is a great price! was that with the grip as well or just camera?

That was £999 with the grip and two extra batteries - I think it was meant to be £1099 with an extra £100 trade in bonus, but I seem to have got the £999.99 price without trading in!
16mm is a no brainer at that price.

It should have been, but the 16-55 for £658 fits my needs more so I went back for that......

That’s a positive “RESULT” in my book, “ENJOY”.

George.

Thanks!

Back