Fujifilm X-H1

What way do you lot have your H1 set up? As in, ISO/SS/exp comp - how many of you make full use of those lovely top dials? one lens I have has seriously irritating aperture chatter when used in Auto modes. It stops when I manually set any of the controls but for times when I need instant proper exposure I see no way around it :/ I remember this used to be an issue with the 35 1.4 too but I believe a FW update for that lens fixed it? It's one lens I was considering but don't want to have 2 chatter boxes :D

Also those who've had the camera a while now, what have you found as the best set up for the touch screen swipe options

Well, I had a right row with the H1 last night, sat arguing with it for ages but I think we've come to a compromise! :D After much trial and error and stubbornness, I may just [about] have it set how I like it.

Cheers i didn't even spot them :( only the second outing with that body :(thats disappointing im usually very careful with lens changes !
Nice - but .. you've got some dusties, time for a sensor scrub -

Last edited:
Cheers i didn't even spot them :( only the second outing with that body :(thats disappointing im usually very careful with lens changes !

My G80 is the same atm, only noticed after doing some macro at F16. Often these dust spots don't even show themselves at wider apertures. I was shocked at how many were on my M43 sensor as I'm same, always really aware when switching lenses outdoors. Always keep my sensors clean ... just happens I ran out of swabs after last clean and thought I was good for another while. With Summer incoming though, there's tonnes of pollen in the air as well as dust, nigh on impossible to keep a sensor spotless if you change lens at all.

Oh my - I used to work on one of those in the bad ol days

Nice photo btw

So did I, but my opinion is that they were very much the good old days. Nine years with P&O as Electrical Officer on their tankers (Trident/P&O Bulk Shipping) between 1968 and 1977. Own cabin with ensuite shower, bed made and kept clean by a steward with silver service at meal times.

Went for a walk with our Emily today, now 11, we passed by these old buildings that I'd took photos of her in front of 5 yrs ago. Sad to see they're back to being run down and un-cared for. They were freshly painted with some artwork to boot at the time but what't he point if they don't up-keep them? Makes for a bit of character in images though.

Blue door by K G, on Flickr

Same building in 2014:
old blue door 2014.jpg

A B&W from today by another run down doorway - X-H1 + fringer pro + 50mm 1.8
Emily BW door by K G, on Flickr

Last edited:
Have a lot to edit from today, but this shot of Lo is on of our favorites. X-H1 + XF50mm f2, I only used this camera and the X100F. A straight sooc too.

Lo by Dave, on Flickr

That’s a very nice portrait style Fujigraph, nice pose & expression.

George.

Last edited:
Went for a walk with our Emily today, now 11, we passed by these old buildings that I'd took photos of her in front of 5 yrs ago. Sad to see they're back to being run down and un-cared for. They were freshly painted with some artwork to boot at the time but what't he point if they don't up-keep them? Makes for a bit of character in images though.

Blue door by K G, on Flickr

Same building in 2014:
View attachment 244897

A B&W from today by another run down doorway - X-H1 + fringer pro + 50mm 1.8
Emily BW door by K G, on Flickr

Very nice set of portrait style Fujigraphs, likey, likey, very much.

George.

Have a lot to edit from today, but this shot of Lo is on of our favorites. X-H1 + XF50mm f2, I only used this camera and the X100F. A straight sooc too.

Lo by Dave, on Flickr

Rightly so, as the angle of her head and intensity of expression makes it stand out from the norm.

I don't normally do much landscape photography but I would like your honest opinion/critique of this. It was taken at The Lizard earlier this year.

DSCF4295 copy.JPG

Last edited:
First time I've seen this in the garden, the older Sparrow are bringing the younger ones with them to the feeding stations I've set up - breaking down the feed for them and passing it on. They would only ever leave them at the nest and take food back for them in the past, but I think it's down to a bunch of Magpie that have moved in to the trees behind us this year. They are terrorizing the smaller birds, and because of this I'm not getting a fraction of the amount visiting that I used to. Was cool to see, right across from my kitchen window where |I have this log set up with a coconut bowl of seed just in front.

Sparrow feeding young by K G, on Flickr

They are lucky too that this Moggy wasn't about at the time

Cautious Kitty by K G, on Flickr

One from a trip to Spain this weekend. These two are brothers who don't always see eye to eye, so this is actually quite a poignant shot getting them both together enjoying a bit of sea and sun. Also, way different to my usual processing style, but in this instance, I think it works ok

Vila Nova by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

One from a trip to Spain this weekend. These two are brothers who don't always see eye to eye, so this is actually quite a poignant shot getting them both together enjoying a bit of sea and sun. Also, way different to my usual processing style, but in this instance, I think it works ok

Vila Nova by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

Love this Nick.... Colours, light, everything just works....

@G.K.Jnr. George, You have a Studio....... you lucky man :banana:

@G.K.Jnr. George, You have a Studio....... you lucky man :banana:

Shhh, don’t tell anyone but I have one main studio at my company in Northamptonshire where we shoot most of our static PR work, and one at my property in Kent UK where the Bluebells shot was taken. The one at home is a purpose built converted barn so is obviously a good workable size. If you’re ever in either of the areas and I’m about you’re very welcome to drop in for a look around and maybe try some of the equipment for yourself.

George.

Just a simple Fujigraph taken in my studio of some Bluebells of some sort.

X-H1, 105mm Micro Nikkor (D) Lens, 1/125th @ F11, ISO-200, Multi Flash.
Bluebells (1)-02906 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty:for looking.,(y):fuji:

George.

That`s a beautifully taken image George, the BG really makes the flower pop.

That`s a beautifully taken image George, the BG really makes the flower pop.

Thank you fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.

George.

I might have some problems getting spare batteries, seems ordering single batteries from the UK is out! unless they are in a device :( And the Fuji brand ones are €70 a pop over here. There's always China, but it seems impossible to find NP-W126s versions, they claim they are but when you look at the images of the batteries they are all the non-S versions. Are they ok in the XH1?

Anyway ... will sort something out.

Qeen and a Bee, but not together

Garden Queen by K G, on Flickr

Pollen Hunt by K G, on Flickr

I might have some problems getting spare batteries, seems ordering single batteries from the UK is out! unless they are in a device :( And the Fuji brand ones are €70 a pop over here. There's always China, but it seems impossible to find NP-W126s versions, they claim they are but when you look at the images of the batteries they are all the non-S versions. Are they ok in the XH1?

Anyway ... will sort something out.

Qeen and a Bee, but not together

Garden Queen by K G, on Flickr

Pollen Hunt by K G, on Flickr

The standard batteries work just fine in the X-H1 but you'll probably get a warning on the LCD/VF when you switch the unit on stating that it is not an S type battery etc, etc. Nothing to worry about you can use them without any problems, the warning is only an advisory notice and soon disappears from the screens. Although I've not tried apparently the length of each video shot is reduced when using standard batteries.

"Ex-Pro White" batteries work pretty well in these units and usually do not show any warnings when switching the camera on.

George.

Back