Gone Fishing.

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
A shot I have been meaning to capture for a while now.

7463048076_8c0d16f54d_b.jpg

7D 70-200mm 2.8 mkII @200mm
1/60 f6.3 iso 400 -1/3 EV

Thanks for looking
Marty​

Last edited:
Cracking shot Martin with such an appropriate perch, very well planed and shot. My criticism is about the BG, its so stark and bright it looks almost like a studio. I'm not suggesting it is for a moment, but it has that feel about it, I wonder of you could tone down the BG slightly to give a more natural look. Apart from that I really like this picture (y)

Stunning shot Martin the consentration looks really intense,magic photo mate...Nige.:clap::clap:

Gorgeous.

What an epic photo, just how long did you have to wait for this photo :LOL:
Thanks Matthew. Not long, he was on the perch within 5 minuets of setting up. I nearly missed the shot.:LOL:
Nice one Martin

You beat me to it

Regards

Mike
Sorry Mike.;) I am surprised no one has posted one before.

My criticism is about the BG, its so stark and bright it looks almost like a studio. I'm not suggesting it is for a moment, but it has that feel about it, I wonder of you could tone down the BG slightly to give a more natural look.
Thanks Trev. I wish I did have a Kingy studio, no muddy stinky lakes. No mossies, no dog walkers or cows startling the birds.
I like the background as it is on this one and its what I was trying to capture, to contrast against the bird. This is the exact colour pallet I had in mind.

It needs to be bright because its for a poster in a local fishing tackle shop.

This one made me smile, great shot
Thanks Kaz. I was smiling from the moment I pressed the shutter button to the moment I saw it on my computer screen.

Thanks for the comments eveyone.:)

Very good indeed Martin :LOL: The fact the eye is looking down to the right hand corner would imo warrant catching a tiddler with that rod, take a picure of the fish on the line and then marry the two rod ends up.

Bought a smile to my face! Nicely setup, all he is missing is a fish.
Thanks. If only,the rod is to thin for him to bash the fish on so he always flies across the lake to his favorite tree.

I was going to say bet this will be snapped up for some advertisement so congrats
It definitely one for the stock collection Kaz.:)

Very good indeed Martin :LOL: The fact the eye is looking down to the right hand corner would imo warrant catching a tiddler with that rod, take a picure of the fish on the line and then marry the two rod ends up.
Thanks Rich. :thinking:Could it be done.....

How did you plan a shot like that?
Years of planning, involving a team of thousands and a budget of millions.

No really all I did was swap the normal perch for a rod and 5 minuets later, Job done.

cracker of a shot- and what a good idea, the fishing rod is truly inspirational

I love it :D

Les :clap::clap:

The shot says it all! well caught and a great prop. Would love to see more of these in the wild.

amazing only ever saw one kingfisher when i was a kid so beautiful

Brilliant shot, not seen a shot like this one on a fishing rod before, looks great!

Back