Gremlin16 - 2019 52’s WEEK 15 ABOVE

Free is a great image - i'm guessing by the time you put it on here, she's not free anymore

Entrance -nice play on words for the shoehorning - I love the second image. Amazing shapes and colours of the different lights and like that the band are silhouetted

Amazing images @gremlin16 !(y)
Both are perfectly exposed and superbly composed!
Knowing little of concert photography, I imagine that it's quite tricky to keep it sharp and retain detail.
You have nailed it perfectly!
Great work sir!!:clap:

it does make it somewhat easier when you have a photo pass for the band :) thanks for the comments. @GarethB Its only the second concert I have shot. The access wasn't brilliant compared to my last one. I was given a stern warning before they would even let me in to the auditorium that i must stay out of the way at all times :), irrespective of the 3 song rule, but I'd learnt a lot from the first one i did. Got a good mixture of the band, individuals, and some nice wide shots.

Last edited:
Object - Great use of lighting, lovely subject. Good tones

Free. Wow.

Entrance Can’t go wrong with Floyd and the image is a good capture with the lighting too

Both shots work very well. Can't decide which is best - band members illuminated or silhouetted, both have their merits.

I really like the last 2 shots (and i'm a Floyd fan), great colours and exposure

Nicely done. Very abstract. Very colourful and can be interpreted however you/we like. Well done

Free - Lighting and composition are really good.
Entrance - Both are great shots. Any advice for someone who has never taken photos at one before?
Young - Like this one too. Nice colours and bokeh.

Great work!

Yes, very artistic. And a good idea for the theme. The night is young but this reminds me of my youthful - I'm going for the gallon - days and how the night looked when it wasn't so young!!

Week 13: shoehorn of the year. FOOD for thought.

Whilst out wandering the Bolton moors thinking about what I could photography with the free time I had available, I literally stumbled on this brick. It had been buried some time ago. It then got me thinking about when and where it was made, and how it ended up being buried into a footpath. I still haven’t found the answers. 74B41BF4-D90D-4FA8-B545-CA3FC4038495.jpeg

Hi Gremlin,

Free Week - I agree with Dave, the lighting and posing of this is really good :)
Entrance - Great shots. Far better than my gig photos (but then mine are on a phone).
You're not in the photo pit, how did you get a Z6 in?
Young - Plenty of bokeh, though perhaps missing a focal point. THough I guess that was what you were aiming for.
Food - No complaints about shoe-horns from this quarter :)
[Something]LES Brick Co - Bolton. i wonder what the [something] is. Quite a bit of structure brought out in the shot by the mono conversion.

Thanks for the comments @LC2 much appreciated, For the concert, I started off in the pit, but then went for a wander about ;)

I think the brick is Sharples, but that’s as far as my research has got so far.

smooth-1.jpg

Almost late to the party again, but its been another of 'those' weeks. This week, I found it much harder than i thought I would to find a suitable subject. Things like glass, mirrors, car bonnets (not washed so not particularly smooth), shaving selfie (no one wants to see that), and so on. Anyhow, I looked around the office and found a DVD. Stuck it on my knee and spun it whilst trying to get a shot of it with a 105mm macro lens. I could lie and say the DVD was a smooth jazz album, but that might be pushing it a bit too far.

Inventive and very interesting image with a terrific abstract feel, and helped by the simple yet bold colour palette!
I thought of doing a shaving image too!! Til it was pointed out to me that it would have looked like an advert for a razor!:LOL:
Love the use of DoF here too - those 'cones' of blue light are hypnotic!!
Fab work @gremlin16 !:clap:

This week, I had planned to get a shot of the moon, but the sky just would not clear of that last bit of haze. I don’t mind so much as the temperature is rising nicely. Anyhoo, whilst out and about trying to find a badger that has given me the slip for the last 2 years, two crows/jackdaw/rook *del as appropriate:) started circling me. They were making a right racket as I walked to my spot. No sign of the badger, but I did get this bird shot as it circled ABOVE me! 2F62FFD6-BA51-4D83-A5D3-49BD408593E1.jpeg

Heya,

Smooth - Interesting shot, I like the colours and the odd cone shapes. The disk evidently span fairly evenly (considering it's turntable was your knee).

Above - Looks like challenging conditions for the shot, blowing the sky and yet keeping the bird in silhouette.

Back