Hadrons 52 for 21 Week 52 - Showcase (Done and dusted)

Stunning detail in the flower head... and lovely composition and dof.

Lovely bright image and the detail is very nice indeed.

As others have said, a nice bright colourful image with a strong composition that works well.

Double whammy with the flowers and bugs.
Nice composition

Alive
A nice pair of Daisy flowers and you've even got a flea beetle in the shot, so a double alive.
Stunning detail in the flower head... and lovely composition and dof.
Lovely bright image and the detail is very nice indeed.
As others have said, a nice bright colourful image with a strong composition that works well.
Double whammy with the flowers and bugs.
Nice composition

Thanks for the comments folks, they’ve actually cheered me up quite a bit as I really wasn’t that happy with my effort this week. This was really just a quick filler as I’ve been rushed off my feet with work etc the last few weeks.
Thanks again. James :)

Alive
Really pleasing shot with sharp details where it matters. would have loved to see a third even more out of focus daisy in the distance but that's me just being picky

Nice subject, I'm on two minds whether or not the insect is a distraction or a welcome addition. Either way nice shot.

That would be alive even without the beetles, and they just push it home. Nice composition and kudos for not completely blowing the whites like I always do on Daisy shots!

Week 13 - Easter.
I must say I've had other weeks where I've struggled for inspiration but this has been the theme that to me has been the hardest to bring to fruition for some reason. This was a simple grab shot that I took when my 4 year old son ran down the drive wearing the featured hat which promptly fell off and seemed to present an opportunity. I tried it first in colour but it really didn't work so here is a mono conversion.
Thanks for looking. James :)

Easter by James, on Flickr

A slightly different take on the Easter bonnet thing,
Plain and simple (y)

Heh, Cobra beat me to the Easter bonnet gag. Does work really well in B&W. Nice conversion.

Love the hat! Good light and depth of field - works really well in mono.

Week - 14 Spring. A bit tenuous this time but I’ll run with it anyway. Pigtail Spring tines on a seed drill (it is used for spring drilling as well) :)

_DSC1705 2 by James, on Flickr

A slightly different take on the Easter bonnet thing,
Plain and simple (y)
I think that works really well. I like the B&W treatment and vignette. I have also struggled with the theme this week.
Heh, Cobra beat me to the Easter bonnet gag. Does work really well in B&W. Nice conversion.
Love the hat! Good light and depth of field - works really well in mono.
Well that works perfectly, definitely a good idea to go for B&W, love the hat :)

Thanks as always for the comments folks. The Easter “bonnet”, I’ll hasten to add, wasn’t my doing it was a gift from his grandmother who has an eclectic......no sorry eccentric:ROFLMAO: take on taste :)

Certainly has springs in it, can't deny that, I like the grubby floor.

Nice composition with the eye being led down the line of holes. Has enough springs to fit the bill too!

Easter
I really quite like that. Good in black & white too.

Spring
I like this one too. It has an industrial feel to it. It's one of those things you could look at for a while, trying to work out what it is.

Tenuous is not a problem. It's your challenge after all and better to take a good image that's tenuous than a bad one that's on theme. IMO of course!

I like the shot. Not a clue what it was until I read the text, but that just meant spending longer looking at the image. Good stuff!

I like the B&W treatment and not tenuous unless it was supposed to be the season spring. Thanks for educating us. I wondered if it was for holding greyhounds or something [emoji23][emoji23]

Certainly has springs in it, can't deny that, I like the grubby floor.
Nice composition with the eye being led down the line of holes. Has enough springs to fit the bill too!
Easter
I really quite like that. Good in black & white too.

Spring
I like this one too. It has an industrial feel to it. It's one of those things you could look at for a while, trying to work out what it is.
A different take for the theme, lots of interest in the composition, and the choice of B&W gives it an edge.
Glad you said what it is. Works really well in B&W
Tenuous is not a problem. It's your challenge after all and better to take a good image that's tenuous than a bad one that's on theme. IMO of course!

I like the shot. Not a clue what it was until I read the text, but that just meant spending longer looking at the image. Good stuff!
Thanks again for the comments, I really appreciate it especially given how lax I've been as regard to commenting on others pictures (trying my best to find time but at the minute even fitting in a shot for the week is becoming evermore challenging).
Thanks again. James :)

Week 15- Snappers Choice. This appeared in a local field last week (there's an ongoing private joke behind it but that's for another place). I can't really see me being able to shoehorn a shot of it in for many other themes and it seemed a waste for it not to feature somehow so Snappers Choice it is.

_DSC1734 1 by James, on Flickr

I like the B&W treatment and not tenuous unless it was supposed to be the season spring. Thanks for educating us. I wondered if it was for holding greyhounds or something [emoji23][emoji23]
Thanks, to be fair it’s not something that you’d guess it’s purpose unless you were familiar with it. I tried a colour version first but it simply looked like a boring, dirty old bit of farm machinery (which is quite accurate I suppose).
thanks again. James :)

Very nice lady scarecrow. I love the way the depth of field makes a gradient of blur giving her head a nice blurry background. Looks like you've caught her in some lovely light too.

We had a man near us who had a mannikin in his garden that he used to dress up to be a scarecrow. It was an endless source of entertainment. :)

Nice nappers pic. Hard to see it all at once at that size though.

Nice nappers pic. Hard to see it all at once at that size though.

What’s the best size to copy the bb code as? Weirdly this fits fine on my mobile (which I tend to post from) but just checked on my laptop and I see what you mean now, you have to scroll through to see it (posted at 2048 longest size because any less seems to lose too much quality and become pixelated:thinking: )

I think it's cheerful and colourful and optimistic. Really like it.

That's an incredibly well constructed scarecrow. Most impressed and not surprised you wanted to get her in the 52.

Snappers choice
Good clean shot, with no distractions and a good dof.

I like this choice for the theme, very original, really nicely done too, the DOF is absolutely spot on, the Scarecrow really stands out.
I think it's cheerful and colourful and optimistic. Really like it.
That's an incredibly well constructed scarecrow. Most impressed and not surprised you wanted to get her in the 52.
Snappers choice
Good clean shot, with no distractions and a good dof.

Thanks for looking and thanks for the compliments folks, really appreciate it :)

Week 16 - Out and About.
As soon as this theme was announced I had an idea as to my target. I have a Saturday morning ritual (like many other dads I suspect) in that I take my daughter for her dance lessons and to pass the time for the duration her younger brother and myself go to feed the local ducks. This flotation ring stands out every time we pass it and seems deserving of a photo so this was its week, it’s a shame about the ripples messing up the reflections but such is life.

Out and About by James, on Flickr

Photos like this will serve as a strong reminder of happy times in future years. Sometimes I wonder if no photograph is just "ordinary".

I like the ripples. Better that than a double-figure stopper to blur everything.

That's nice. I have to admit to being one of those odd people who prefers the rippled reflection to the sharp direct view.

I like the ripples as well. I think it looks more natural with them. But lovely and sharp.

Back