Hadrons 52 for 21 Week 52 - Showcase (Done and dusted)

Beautiful colours you've captured. The orange does stand out well against the bright spring green.

Out and about
I agree with all that @Harlequin565 has said.
This photo will always remind you of those times you took your daughter to dance and your son to the duck pond.

Photos like this will serve as a strong reminder of happy times in future years. Sometimes I wonder if no photograph is just "ordinary".

I like the ripples. Better that than a double-figure stopper to blur everything.
That's nice. I have to admit to being one of those odd people who prefers the rippled reflection to the sharp direct view.
I like the ripples as well. I think it looks more natural with them. But lovely and sharp.
I like the ripples too [emoji4] and I love the colour contrast of the orange and green.
Nicely spotted reflection, good bold colour.

Pete
Beautiful colours you've captured. The orange does stand out well against the bright spring green.
Out and about
I agree with all that @Harlequin565 has said.
This photo will always remind you of those times you took your daughter to dance and your son to the duck pond.
Thanks all for taking the time to look and comment and apologies for failing to reciprocate (its been a manic few weeks)
Thanks again :)

Week 17 - Shapes.
I was quite excited when I first read the theme for this week as I thought it had all sorts of potential. Unfortunately as the week progressed I seemed to gain a complete mental block as to what I could photograph for the theme. Being as today is the last day before the next theme is announced I thought I'd better get my backside in gear and see what I could come up with...cue another mental block. This afternoon I was carrying out a stock check on the chemical store and noticed the most recent delivery had been quite artistically deposited and seemed to sort of fit the bill so here it is very quickly processed in C1 and Silver FX :)

Hazardous shapes by James, on Flickr

Well, there are several shapes in it so it fits the theme. All looks very toxic though.

Heh... Looks like when I do a DoF test only better executed :)

Works very well IMO.

This is a great picture, I like how the DoF is well placed for the nod of 52 as well. Wish I had thought of that!

Cracker of a shot :)

Great for the theme and nicely executed. I’d have liked the pencil to be pointing to 42 though, the answer to life, the universe and everything :D

I love the use of DOF in that, and the way the yellow jumps out against the neutral tones around it is excellent.

Simple but really effective shot. The texture of the wood works really well against the popping yellow and reds. Great dof too. Excellent all round.

Thanks folks. Really appreciate you taking the time to comment especially given how lax I’ve been of late :ty:

Great for the theme and nicely executed. I’d have liked the pencil to be pointing to 42 though, the answer to life, the universe and everything :D
Thanks. Believe it or not my original version was focused on No 42 :ROFLMAO:

Is this where you ask what micro adjustment you need as it was supposed to be focused on the 18 ;)
Love that you've nicked the Screwfix equivalent of the Argos pencil ;)
A sign of these covid times!

Brilliant. Great composition, great use of DoF, lovely colours and bang on theme with a bit of a twist.

:clap:

Great concept and execution, reminds me of the cow scene from 'Father Ted', "Now these are small, but the ones out there are far away"

Brilliant. Great composition, great use of DoF, lovely colours and bang on theme with a bit of a twist.

:clap:
Excellent - well conceived and executed.
A great idea, and really nicely done!
Great concept and execution, reminds me of the cow scene from 'Father Ted', "Now these are small, but the ones out there are far away"
Love the DOF on this picture, really nicely done!
Thanks all, much appreciated :)

Week 20 - Artificial
I was really pleased with the theme this week when I checked my phone at work and first saw it. Unusually for me a brilliant idea popped straight in to my head :) unfortunately by the time I got home I had forgotten it and the flicker of inspiration has failed to return :ROFLMAO: . The end result is we've nearly reached the end of the week so this will have to do instead so may I present and Artificial Rose (2 infact) illuminated by the magic of Artificial light :)

Artificial by James, on Flickr

I think this works very well for the theme. I can't imagine it was easy to capture.
I think you could lose a little off the top and maybe a bit off the bottom too. Really like the colour palette.

I often spend all week imagining how I'm going to do something and then end up doing something completely different (and much easier to achieve!).

Really nice composition with lovely lighting and colour combined. I think the amount of space around the image is perfect save for a shave off the top IMVHO.

Week 20 - Artificial
I was really pleased with the theme this week when I checked my phone at work and first saw it. Unusually for me a brilliant idea popped straight in to my head :) unfortunately by the time I got home I had forgotten it and the flicker of inspiration has failed to return :ROFLMAO: .
by James, on Flickr
Glad it's not just me who does that!!
Nice submission despite the hiccup.

I did turn my iPad to portrait to fit the full image on the screen, personally I would crop from the top, the empty space leads me away from the flowers. Given that the cloche (?) covers more than one tile width I was wondering if you tried a composition where it was placed in the middle of two tiles.

There's a warmth in that that I really like. Central (almost) composition works nicely too.

Week 21 - Patterns
I've struggled again this week and run out of time a bit so this is a bit of a PABD. In case it's not obvious (I'll admit the link is somewhat tenuous at best) I thought the old windows and arches made quite a nice pattern (if you squint a bit and close one eye!), the slightly OTT mono conversion is because the shot was taken early afternoon today and as a result the lighting was a tad harsh to say the least and this is my default way of hiding such things :ROFLMAO:

Patterns by James, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back