weekly HeartandSouls 52 Week Challenge Major catch up Weeks 16,18,19,20,21,22,23,24, added

• Thread starter Deleted member 59779
  • Start date
My picks of you're recent submissions would be Experiment, much better that I've ever done and you can see plenty of detail. To get clear water apparently you have to continually agitate the water :)

Spiral nice high key feel and well composed.

Cheers.

Thanks for the tip about the water. I am sure I've read somewhere about how to get the air bubbles to look more linear as well:thinking: certainly something I will have a go at shooting again

Hi, well thats a big catch up
Experiment- interesting thing to do with a flower, sort of works though I am not sure how you would get clearer ice :thinking: as you say an experiment
Figures, i like this nice texture in there
Limit, only thing I can suggest is to lift the shadows a touch, nice image though (y)
Broken, I really like this one great idea, maybe a contrasty Black and White would work better
Spiral not seen a Slinky in years perfect subject for the theme

well done for hanging in there, you do know you are not allowed to get that far behind again :LOL:

Hopefull I won't not sure about silhouette though. Oh well I have got all week.

Well done for catching up, Mandy. :clap:

Experiment; great idea for the theme. Frozen flower, I came across this technique before and would like to give a go. The two big bubbles just a bit distracting.

Figure; on theme.

Household; nice house.

Limit; take me a while to work it out until I read you short brief.

Bizarre; actually quite a common sight around here too.

Broken; great idea for the theme. Something gone a bit astray on the right though.

Entertain; now these bring back memory. Simple and load of fun.

Spiral; spot on theme and nice angle and well lit.
Broken: Its the powder from the sweets thought I'd blown it all away. Not got as much puff as I thought . Thank you for taking the time to look and comment.

Great catchup Mandy.
I particularly like:
Entertain - Nice colours to the marbles and nicely sharp.
Household - I like the depth of colour you've achieved.
Limit - A great interesting shot and the colour you've captured in the sky is great.

Hi Mandy ... catching up on your catchup ...

Experiment .. looks fun, looks a good idea ... looking forward to seeing more.

Figures ... love the aged, poorly maintained look.

Limit ... HaHa ... and you've handled the metering well.

Broken ... cute idea ... but focus is a little uneven (?)

Spiral ... don't know the first thing about lightboxes but this looks reeaallly nice to me :clap:

Last edited:
well done for catching up :) I still haven't done bliss :eek:

I love your slinky shot, I have an idea to make myself a light box :D

Hi Mandy, well done on continuing your catch-up! Of the recent additions I really like Experiment; I've tried the frozen flowers in the past and enjoyed trying different things. If I remember correctly, one piece of advice for fewer bubbles was to use bottled or filtered water but it's been a while - it might be worth a go next time. Another favourite is Spiral, which looks great backlit on the lightbox and it perfect for the theme.

Back