weekly HeartandSouls 52 Week Challenge Major catch up Weeks 16,18,19,20,21,22,23,24, added

• Thread starter Deleted member 59779
  • Start date
Hi Mandy ...looks great for a first try....I've been experimenting a lot with this idea lately and it isn't easy, so very well done.
Hi Susie, Yeah I've seen your abstract shots somewhere on the sight and that's what partly gave me the idea. Wanted to fit it in somewhere and the opportunity arose. Hope you are having a good time at your son's.

Like the gradient as it runs across the frame top left to bottom right. The big droplet has a nice little highlight on the edge of it. I think if I were that worried about the white droplet Mandy, I would take if into Photoshop and drop a colour fill in it, use the eye dropper and pick either a turquoise or yellow.
Nice work well shot.
Thanks for the "how to" Steve. I will no doubt remember this for future reference, The white bubble has grown on me now so have decided to leave it unedited. Many thanks again for advice. Will store in memory bank for future images.

Hi Mandy
Impressive first attempt! Looks great on a big screen and to be honest I hadn't even considered the White one wasn't meant to be white - fits well with the others in the gradient [emoji4]

Watery - I like oil & water shots as they are always different. Very good for a first attempt. Sharp on the oil drops and good colours :)

Finally, managing a bit of a catch up.

WEEK 7: BOLD

Week 7: BOLD by HeartandSoul55, on Flickr

Another indoor shot, time seems to escape me at the moment. Relatively pleased with this although I can see the flaws in the petal . love my macro lens. When i have more time may try this in black and white see what I can create from it. Not likely to be any time soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Week 8: RELAXED

used my sigma sigma ;) for this shot hand held. not the best shot in the world but hey ho they look relaxed I need to relax after holding that lens:eek:. Time to get my thinking cap on for the next photo :thinking:

RelaxWeek 8: Relax(ed) 1 by HeartandSoul55, on Flickr

Hi Mandy,

Bold - a very strong bold colour, and I love tulips. Th only (tiny) crit I can offer is that there looks to be a small white mark on the petal. I'm not sure if that's what you meant by flaws, but it could be cloned out easily enough.

Relax - they are a relaxed bunch aren't they

Hi Lorraine

Yes I was talking about the white mark, decided to leave it be, mostly as time is not on my side at the moment. Amazing what the lens picks up.

Hi Mandy,
Nice work!
Bold, really works well against that nice neutral background. Very nice depth of colour. Very simple but very effective.

Relax, well they look pretty chilled out don't they! Fits into the theme quite well.

Nice work Mandy!

Lovely pair of shots Mandy. Especially Bold with that rich vibrant colour. This is a lovely photo with a nice creme background and the angle your subject is presented in a square crop works well in my opinion.

Relax is a nice capture too especially for those of us that don't get to see animals like this very often! I'd be tempted to see how it looks with that "band" of dark background lopped off the top but that might make it a bit too much of a tight crop

Hi, nice detail in the tulip for Bold, nicely placed with the stalk coming from the bottom corner
Relax they certainly look chilled out, just a little crop of the top as has been mentioned above

Bold, Lovely striking colour and detail, Mandy :)

Relax,(ed) yes they certainly are (y)

Hi Mandy, relax and bold, two lovely shots. Am not being very critical today lol, or else everyone is just brilliant :clap: yay

Hi Mandy,
Nice work!
Bold, really works well against that nice neutral background. Very nice depth of colour. Very simple but very effective.

Relax, well they look pretty chilled out don't they! Fits into the theme quite well.

Nice work Mandy!

Lovely pair of shots Mandy. Especially Bold with that rich vibrant colour. This is a lovely photo with a nice creme background and the angle your subject is presented in a square crop works well in my opinion.

Relax is a nice capture too especially for those of us that don't get to see animals like this very often! I'd be tempted to see how it looks with that "band" of dark background lopped off the top but that might make it a bit too much of a tight crop

Hi, nice detail in the tulip for Bold, nicely placed with the stalk coming from the bottom corner
Relax they certainly look chilled out, just a little crop of the top as has been mentioned above

Bold, Lovely striking colour and detail, Mandy :)

Relax,(ed) yes they certainly are (y)

Bold - lovely bold colour on the flower nice detail as well, clean clear background as well.

Relax - those deer certainly do look nice and relaxed, nice image for the theme.

Hi Mandy, relax and bold, two lovely shots. Am not being very critical today lol, or else everyone is just brilliant :clap: yay

Many thanks all for popping by and encouraging me to carry on. I am enjoying it loads, just wish I had more time. Thoroughly enjoying everybody else photos as well. :ty:

Hi Mandy

I'm with the rest of them ... The tulip is a nice piece of work: good colour and detail there. Relaxing deer, yes, but I think the focus on the face of the nearest could be a fraction sharper.

Hi Mandy

Bold and relaxed are both good examples of the theme.
I've never seen a stag look that chilled :)

Week 9: Vertical

Another inside shot from me. Place some wrapping paper on the wall and filed some tall glasses with some water to different levels moved them about a bit until I got a reasonable shot. Slight crop and minor tweaking in LR. Must remember to speak to the domestic about her dusting abilities :confused:

Week 9: VERTICAL by HeartandSoul55, on Flickr

Vertical, yep that works for me (y)

Nice idea Mandy, quite clever I like it! Lots of verticals there, nice clean shot, works well(y)

Vertical very good I like it alot but cant look at it too long its sending my eyes nuts.

Vertical definitely works for me.
I might brighten it a little, but that's all.
My kind of image :)

As others have said, Vertical is not well-lit. It's almost as if it is being lit by natural daylight but through a sky-light at a great height. If the lighting was brighter and the glasses sparkled a little it would turn a reasonable entry for this theme into a very good interpretation.

Hi there, hope some of these comments may become useful, i'm not expert just saying what I see

Bliss - Says image removed for some reason.
Fragile - Says image removed for some reason.
Scenic - Says image removed for some reason.

Companions - The salt and pepper pots fit the theme well, its a good one. This is really critical just for the sake of offering some feedback, which is massively overkill, but i would have somehow removed the surplus pepper in the pepper pot one. As i say, thats being excessively critical lol.

Elegant - This is a nice one, perhaps a tiny bit too over exposed? Good composition, nice bright colours, i like it.

Watery - I like this too, i think the oil and water work really well, and it's something I may try myself, i like the colour, and the abstractness, fits the theme well :)

Bold - Says image removed for some reason. sorry

Relax - nothing to really say on this one, I like it, fits the theme well and whenever i've tried to get close to relaxing deer, they've all ran off, so nice one on that one.

Vetical - A clever one here as others have said, adding the glasses takes it one step further, i would make the colours brigher/more vibrant in all honesty, and i can't tell if theres a glass behind the middle one causing a reflection, or just a reflection? Good one though!!

Mouth
Crowd

Hi MAndy

Bliss...like that a lot, you've done a cracking job with the focus on both the strawbs & the little bubbles :clap:not sure about the crop on the glass though , didn't see the original but maybe including the stem or maybe a bit harsher & crop to just above the slender bit of the stem that's currently in view :thinking:

Vertical......yup, plenty of verticals going on there so a good & different idea :) Lighting could do with a boost or maybe increase the saturation / luminance of the colors to make it pop a bit more ?

Water....I tried this once & found it much harder than it probably should be :( so I'm really impressed with your shot , lovely soft calming colors...really good shot missus :clap:

I've liked all comments that I've not seen in my absence of late. Sheer workload seems to have controlled my life. Anyway. a few pics coming by way of a start to catch up. Trying ever so hard DK not to end up in the naughty corner:banana::naughty:.

Will play catch up with other photos soonishhhhhhhhhhh
Will also play some catch up on comments as I've missed looking what others have been doing.

Week 11 Crowd

Well went to the photography show with my daughter and my purse was lighter by the time I left. Just a fill in shot really.

Week11: Crowd by HeartandSoul55, on Flickr

Week 13 Reshoot - Close Up

Not found a machine shot yet. So as a hold I've done reshoot of a close up as I've wanted to take this abstract shot for a while. it was more difficult than I anticipated. Could not maintain a sharp focus on all shots. This is the best of the bunch. Next time i will ensure I take horizontal and not in the vertical position as this will reduce some of the movement of washing up liquid and glycerin. Certainly loved all the abstract patterns and colours. Will save it for a rainy day when I have loads of time to play.

Week 13: Reshoot - Close Up by HeartandSoul55, on Flickr

Ooooh I'm liking your reshoot Mandy.
I might have to have a go at that :)

Nice catch up Mandy, I like the "crowd" but it looks a tad flat to me, maybe a bit of a levels boost to help it along?

Back