Heat.

I was really hoping for some decent weather today as yesterday was nice, but we are back to miserable rain and overcast. Feels like spring is being completely bypassed here.

Same here, although I knew rain was coming later. I'd hoped to cut the front lawns this morning, as our back one was a task in itself yesterday. The rain has arrived early though and despite having a decent mower, I don't fancy making grass soup with it.

So, it's raining, off and on now, a little breezy and currently 6°C.

Sunny and warm here so I'll take advantage of it and dig over the veg patch now. Next door gave us four large ceramic p[ant pots so I'll put multi-purpose compist into them. It's often severasl degrees warmer down here,the daffs come out earlier as do other flowers. It's one reason I moved from the north west. Miss the friendliness though, although the near neighours are from all over, including one from Glasgow.

Fleece off on the course! (I did keep the gilet on though!!!)

Lovely morning here. although there are some distant, heavy looking clouds. It's not to rain today though, allegedly.

Currently 7°C.

Dry but dull here. About 10°C. At least we should be able to get the top down on the way to/from lunch in Lyme Regis.

Lovely morning here. although there are some distant, heavy looking clouds. It's not to rain today though, allegedly.

Currently 7°C.

Yep, woke up to lovely sunshine and was feeling very happy indeed until the rain came! Seems to be clearing up again, so perhaps mother nature was just teasing...

10°-C here at the moment and not raining just yet but has been raining overnight, few bright spells and still quite windy.

Yep, woke up to lovely sunshine and was feeling very happy indeed until the rain came! Seems to be clearing up again, so perhaps mother nature was just teasing...

We've just had some showers, not much or prolonged but big, heavy drops.

We've just had some showers, not much or prolonged but big, heavy drops.

Unlucky. It's managed to stay dry since the small shower this morning, so much so that I even managed to get my camera out for the first time this year I think! lol Took me a while to reacquaint myself with the controls, which is terrible; I really must make more effort with my photography.

Glad I put the fleecy gilet on for the trip along the coast! A bit warm with it and the jacket on walking up the long hill to the car park after lunch though! (Lucky I took the jacket off!!!)

Lovely bright morning here at the moment, 6°-C with a moderate breeze. I've been out drifting since about 05-45 and now I've just stopped by my fav' greasy spoon to try on some breakfast before I get on out again for a bit more snapping.

Car needed a quick scrape at 06:45 and I needed shades when heading straight into the rising sun! Looks set to be a nice day.

Lovely morning here so far, bright, dry and little wind. Currently 8°C.
And this is global warming , It's been bloody cold up here for 8 months now :(

And this is global warming , It's been bloody cold up here for 8 months now :(

Not sure where you're based, sorry. I'm in Scotland and it's been a glorious day, even now at just gone 7PM, it's 11°C.

Not sure where you're based, sorry. I'm in Scotland and it's been a glorious day, even now at just gone 7PM, it's 11°C.
Boston Lincs, 10 here but feels more like 7 in the wind ,

Nice bright morning here, only 6°-C at the moment and very windy again.

Quite a bright morning here with a few sunny spells, 7°C at the moment and still fairly windy.

A rubbish,depressing day. Heavy skies,low cloud with intermittent rain , couldn't even see the local hills at times. Even had to have the CH on to raise the house temp to 20C. I've just joined Slimbridge WWT and have been once..posted the spotted Redshank..and the forecaster, this evening, said it will be like this and cold until the end of the month.

Bit of a non descript day here, heavily overcast and only 6°-C with a light wind with rain expected any time.

Last edited:
Nice bright morning here with a gentle breeze, it's only 5°-C though and feels quite chilly.

I honestly don't know just what's happened to the weather, yesterday at times it felt bitterly cold when the wind caught me. Today it's 7°-C at the moment and overcast with a steady wind but no rain just yet.

Last edited:
I wanted to go into the pond today to scoop out 'mud' on the bottom..it's toxic..and clear the stringy-weed stuff. Yesterday I fitted a new 30W UV tube into the the UV filter cleaned the other two filters yesterday..one with brushes ansd one with volcanic-like small stones. It turned out to be quite a decent day..warmish but It was too cold today,though,to go into the pond and it rained heavily about 9.30am. It was 7ºC but has increased to 9ºC now..3.35pm. We even had to have the CH on again this morning.

It will get warmer on Sunday and into next week as the winds will be out of the south ..17ºC is forecast for mid-week down here.

On the positive side...lol..you can get some lovely sunsets to look at and photograph whilst you're washing the dust off you car ... :)

Still only 7°-C here with a light wind and overcast, the forecast says expect rain at any time.

The sun was shining this morning but how deceptive. It was really cold with a nasty northerly breeze. It was 28C in the summer house, though :)

Heavy rain here first thing this morning 04-30 ish but it has cleared up quite considerably now with some bits of sunshine. Still only 9°-C though with a light wind.

Back